Competition Idea. Would need lots of players, Riot plz read.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Here's the original thread with a poll about my idea.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=664541

Here's the general Idea. Big world map, all players split up into 4 or 5 teams of 15 (3 teams of 5) we all get territories on the map, and play games against each other to take territories for our team.

Either set it up so that we go for world domination, or set up a certain number of rounds until the game ends.
See who conquered more land, whoever has the most, wins!

Now those are the BASICS, and if you follow the link up top, you'll find out a little more about my idea. Still ironing out the specifics, and I'll be working with a few people on the rules of the whole thing, but I think we can do this.

I'd like to get some prize support for this, but I don't really know how that works.

cLHx1

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validan View Post
Here's the original thread with a poll about my idea.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=664541

Here's the general Idea. Big world map, all players split up into 4 or 5 teams of 15 (3 teams of 5) we all get territories on the map, and play games against each other to take territories for our team.

Either set it up so that we go for world domination, or set up a certain number of rounds until the game ends.
See who conquered more land, whoever has the most, wins!

Now those are the BASICS, and if you follow the link up top, you'll find out a little more about my idea. Still ironing out the specifics, and I'll be working with a few people on the rules of the whole thing, but I think we can do this.

I'd like to get some prize support for this, but I don't really know how that works.

i dont think this would be a good tournament gameplay option...but it could be an interesting normal option to play it.. instead of just 3v3 or 5v5.. you culd have 5v5v5v5... 4 teams of 5 all vsing to see who takes 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th.. whos Nexus stays up the longest.. get IP based on who wins.. and what place you take? i think that would be a fun thing to do.. it would definatly help people learn about LATE-GAME play.. as to seeing how most people would be fighting alot..

only con to this would be the length of the game.. could go upwards of 2 hours+

maybe if there were no turrets to help stop pushes, you could have this?

decent idea but needs changes

Validan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

That would probably be impossible, keeping track of 20 people in the same game.

What I'm suggesting is a community-run event, either just for the hell of it, or for a small prize or something mentioned in the lore, idk. I'm not talking about a 1-day event, this would be played out over the course of about a month, and it would operate like the board game RISK, if you've ever played it.

I do however like the 'different gameplay' type of thing you're thinking of though. I would have 5 teams of 2, with respawning nexuses, 2 or 3 turrets for each base, no inhibitors, no super minions. Get points for dealing the most damage to enemy nexuses (to prevent KS'ing nexuses). But that's a different department altogether =-)