Item Build for Amumu?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bridget FF

08-25-2009

Can someone recommend an item build for Amumu? A general item build would be fine, but I would appreciate two builds; one for countering melee teams and one for caster/stun teams. Early game, I am able to out tank pretty much everyone and deal some harsh damage, but when later game comes around, while I can still tank a ton of hits, I am dealing next to no damage. I once stood in front of a Teemo tanking his hits, but my swipes were doing zip to him. So, preferably builds that can have me dealing some damage toward the end. (By the way; the Amumu guides didn't help so much for my later game. I tried the item builds, and they let me dominate early game, but when late game rolls around, my Champion is useless and can only be used to absorb damage or as a distraction.)

Also, instead of making a new thread, can someone suggest how I should use my abilities? Currently, I bandage in with Despair toggled on and whack them a few times. If they begin to run, I use Entangle and hit them a few more times. By the time that's done, they should be hurting and making a run for it, while my bandage is becoming active again. I usually snag them as they're running into the forest. This proves effective. Is this the correct way to play? I know people have their own little 'niches' but.. yeah. Is Tantrum any good for early game? People recommend it for farming, but it takes so many hits to be able to cast in its early stages. :/

P.S. I realize pretty much every Champion is ineffective at the late game, but not on the level I am playing. Even enemies that should be crushed under the weight of a tank (like Teemo) are able to shrug off my hits, while their hits seem to get through to me (granted, it takes them a while to deal significant damage.) .. Why's that? Lack of defensive items? I have a habit of ignoring defense for damage items, which.. still don't allow me to damage the enemy.

Thanks.

Ubersoldat

08-25-2009

I can't really go into depth on this issue, but I do double Sunfire cape and it seems to own face, coupled with Despair.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-25-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sunfire cape is just really really good with him, so often go a build starting with that.

Often though Im in games where i am more worried by caster dps, I often find myself going:
Doran's Shield
chalice of harmony
Aegis
Mercury Treads

bdschuss

08-25-2009

I usually get:

Regen Pendant
Warmogs/Sunfire
Ninja Tabis
Sunfire/Warmogs (depending on what I got before)
Sunfire or Aegis (depending on the amount of casters, also might get a chalice early if lots of casters)

Krimzin

08-25-2009

Pretty sure dodge still works w/ tantrum

IE: 1 dodge = 1 attack toward tantrum

Puff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

If so, I stand corrected! Someone else "in the know" chime in on this?

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

An attack dodged still counts up for tantrum.

Puff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

Ty

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

Chalice, Mercury Threads, Double sunfire Cape, Banshee's veil. Game over

Windzy

Master Recruiter

08-26-2009

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=3385

i have an excellent guide for amumu you might find something you like htere