what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SabbathViper

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrend View Post
I wonder if people will ever realize that MR cripples him and if he has Frozen heart, maybe they should build some Arpen?
So we simultaneously need to build loads of magic resist, as well as armor pentration...

WTB 8 inventory slots

Legendary Jason

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

he is range

MisterYi of Wuju

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moko0chan View Post
Ryze dosnt need a nerf hes just fine the way he is. If his stun made it so enemies couldnt attack then he would need a nerf but his stun isnt anything great. All in all ryze dosnt need a nerf and the reason why you are crying about this is 1) you got killed by him and are now pissed because you dont know how to fight against him or 2) Your poor little OP tanky/Dps got nerfed bad enough that now you want ryze nerfed. so STFU and stop reading posts of people saying "but this champion or this champion is banned in ranked because hes the best at what he does" if you keep reading these and Riot keep nerfing them then another champion will be banned from ranked instead of the main one and the cycle will continue untill i leave the game because they kept nerfing untill the point where no character was fun or good enough to play.
except ryze is OP. He does just as much dmg as other casters, yet is no where near squishy and can be considered tanky. His spells also go off cd quickly so he is dealing considerable burst dps on a short cd. But the main reason for his OP is that he can build tanky and still do the same dmg as other casters.

Velarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoculus View Post
champions like this have always been overpowered. on paper, it seems like a great concept -- mana for damage! But there are just too many mana items that lead to increased survivability. Jax and Vlad were both nerfed because survivability and damage should ALWAYS be a tradeoff. If you have both, you're honestly just blatantly overpowered.

Also, ryze is near impossible to lane against.
Malzahar and Brand laugh at you.

Nephwrack

04-13-2011

I don't get why people don't understand this.

Ryze is countered by MR more than nearly any other caster - in order to build Mpen items, he has to trade off survivability/damage items. You want to build a Void Staff? Cool! Problem is, that wastes the slot that could have been a FoN or RoA for more mana(read: actual damage) and/or survivability. His usual 'core' builds don't even seem to include real mpen items. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a nerf to the CD of his root and a very small (like .01) mana ratio on his E; if he does get just-nerfed that's cool, but seeing people wanting him nerfed because they still don't understand how he even -works- grates on my sensibilities. It's like complaining about X being OP because you just HAD to go berserker greaves instead of merc treads and let the AP carry with a root run you over, or refusing to build ANY armor against a team of five AD carries. The difference is that Ryze is even more heavily countered by MR than those five AD carries would be by you building a chainmail vest, because he can't even counter your counter without sacrificing the damage/survivability that supposedly make him OP in the first place.

edit: that said, I do like an abyssal scepter on him every so often for the combination of mpen and MR if he needs the latter especially that game, but that's neither here nor there. Abyssal Scepter is just one of my favorite items given the excellent combination of offensive and defensive stats.

Chada1

04-13-2011

Ryze is a ridiculously good champion if you can use him, hes also a great nuke.

Kaoculus

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moko0chan View Post
Ryze dosnt need a nerf hes just fine the way he is. If his stun made it so enemies couldnt attack then he would need a nerf but his stun isnt anything great. All in all ryze dosnt need a nerf and the reason why you are crying about this is 1) you got killed by him and are now pissed because you dont know how to fight against him or 2) Your poor little OP tanky/Dps got nerfed bad enough that now you want ryze nerfed. so STFU and stop reading posts of people saying "but this champion or this champion is banned in ranked because hes the best at what he does" if you keep reading these and Riot keep nerfing them then another champion will be banned from ranked instead of the main one and the cycle will continue untill i leave the game because they kept nerfing untill the point where no character was fun or good enough to play.
1) yes i got destroyed by ryze. if i stomped a ryze why would I complain about it? pretty much every game there has been a ryze i always lose, so I just ban him now, while playing him on my friend's account (who has mana runes). Let me tell you something... he outclasses too many people at early game harassing.
2) i don't play tanky dps besides olaf. And he didnt' get nerfed.
3) ryze + renekton + irelia + jarvan need nerf. just saying.
4) you didn't post an argument, just a whole lot of qq. At least i posted reasons. Stop crying jeez

Phoenix Horizon

04-14-2011

I think Ryzes biggest problem is if he snowballs ahead, he can get really uncontrollable

besmurchfreely

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chada1 View Post
Ryze is a ridiculously good champion if you can use him, hes also a great nuke.
Well the "ryze is OP" forum meta is quite a change from the "omg u ruined ryze" forum meta when the change first happened.

It is really hard to harass ryze. His q CD is short and the range is long, it is also a click cast so its really hard to miss. He can hit you with q every time you try to harass. If you don't back off he can snare you and hit you with q again. If you haven't decided to back off yet he can then hit you with e and another q. (if he has ult and ignite he can continue to combo you even further)

His aoe is pretty weak so you can bumrush him with tanks, but he can be fairly tanky, and difficult to take down if protected by his teammates.

HighSociety

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrend View Post
I wonder if people will ever realize that MR cripples him and if he has Frozen heart, maybe they should build some Arpen?
you missed the point completely. let's say you're playing annie, so you get to counter ryze by building MR and armor pen? you're a caster, where is your damage now? meanwhile, ryze gets to build anything with mana while becoming tanky (naturally countering your damage) and still getting damage in the process.

like others have said though, it only becomes a problem late into the game, but the design is still pretty bad