what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steel Rain

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfProfit View Post
The difference is renekton and irelia are tanky regardless of items and still do great damage, as well as having gap closers and stuns.
This is not really true. Renekton does gain the +hp from his ultimate but none of his other skills give him tank stats. Irelia has no +hp/mr/armor skills at all. In fact, after the nerf, she is quite squishy in lane phase and pre-6 can be shut down by any autoattacker with 21-0-9 or 15-0-15 masteries.

I'm sure somebody is going to bring up their healing, but that is not "tanky dps" even if it does increase their survivability. That is in fact closer to the ideal of a carry that so many people think they want. Average defensive stats, yet sustains through damage and lifesteal.

AlegriaTheSecond

04-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddlam View Post
he has one medium-strength CC, no escape, and no innate heal (unless you count the ****ty spell vamp on his ult, which you shouldn't) that's why he's different from Rene and Irelia. He is also EXTREMELY gear-dependent.

he's fine
What he said.
Ryze is very squishy until late midgame.
If your team/solo performance isnt good early, ryze will scale backwards the longer the game goes.
His dependence on items is his biggest hurdle, actually

flokiaAOE

04-28-2011

or kennen

ColbeCheese

04-28-2011

Ryze doesn't heal all his health back.

BetaRayBill

04-29-2011

Ryze is now upgraded to Trailer Ryze.

Ayman The Great

04-29-2011

he's so op now there's no way u can lane aginst him with ez or ashe unless u hug ur tower still he can spam his q that's just so annoying

Doriantv

04-29-2011

I think Ryze, Renekton, and Irelia are top tier, but don't really need nerfs. Players that are good with them are players who understand the concept of how Tanky DPS work (need to farm tanky items to become relevant in fights, then go into rape mode and get DPS when applicable). If I was an Irelia player and you nerfed her, I'd just go rape games with Olaf, because I understand how Tanky DPS work.

gtm1260

04-29-2011

The problem with ryze is he sacrifices ZERO damage for survivability. By mid game if he has a banshee's and a frozen heart, wich shouldn't be that hard to get with decent farm, you aren't going to stop him. He does godlike damage and you won't be able to kill him. Late game it just gets exponentially worse. He gets insane damage for building straight tank.

Shuga Buns

05-01-2011

Ryze does not need a nerf ffs

ninjaipod

05-01-2011

he does not have a 650 range gap closer that apply on-hit effects on a 6 sec cd?