what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS186afbf367d955

04-22-2011

I agree. I'd like to see Riot doing some test but I really feel like he deals TONS of damage even by going full tank. I think Riot really needs to look at ryze a bit..

Quarm Salad

04-22-2011

A big part of the problem isn't with Ryze at all, but with the community of bads. Most of the people I encounter refuse to build ANY survivability on any non-tank champion. Since Ryze gets his defense on the same items as his offense, he is one of the few champions that gets built properly by most players. As a result, you get derp_ashe_01 with her swiftness boots and 5 BF swords trying to fight Ryze with proper stat balance, and she fails immediately. She then goes to the forums and vents her frustration about how OP Ryze is. Ryze may or may not be OP, but the situation is greatly exaggerated by the terrible builds of most players.

ninjaipod

04-22-2011

well ryze don't have a 650 range gap closer on 6 sec cd.

hitachihex

04-23-2011

don't care about his damage mid\late, he dies just like everything else

laning is what bothers me, if you get the solo with him you are almost guaranteed you lose it, unless he's dumb, or you have more range than him, and can stay out of his the entire time. and if you do that, you just try to poke him and miss out on farm.

edit: few *good* counters.., uh.. ez, maybe trist (with ES, depending on if you can get him to be standing near it), cait, lux, and if you're feeling giddy, kassadin

MisterYi of Wuju

04-24-2011

I agree

larrylarry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2011

the real difference?
Irelia and Renekton need to build 1 big damage item then can go full tank.
Ryze builds a tear then goes full tank.

Elena X

04-25-2011

The really frightening thing with ryze is when you get him fully built with a runebook that is specced to him, you end up fighting this (my last game with him)

Ryze

AP: 226
Mana: 5400
Armor: 190
MR: 183
HP: 4200

Q: +600 damage.
W: +300 damage.

330 creep kills
KDR: 22/2/20

He can build everything at once. If you are playing ashe for example, you are likely to want to get an early IE, this sacrifices your early game tankiness, late game, yes you buy a BV and maybe some armor, but you are sacrificing the pure damage someone can build on say... corki, because they have escapes (granted BV against CC is a good idea).

Ryze is naturally tanky with massive scaling on damage, i think that when everybody builds properly, he isnt that brilliant late game, but he reaches late game 4 hours earlier than anyone else, because tear+catalyst+rod of ages+glacial shroud, and you might as well be in late game. You've pumped your mana high, you have armor, health and MR, not to mention CDR, and large damage. You just move faster than other people, can lane for as long/if not longer, and he has very few counters.

I think his AP scaling should be made more important, and his mana scaling reduced, with the right tweaks, you'd have to build RoA, deathcap, archangels, like any other AP carry, then BV, frozen heart, and Sorc boots, and you'd have a pretty standard caster with a nice benefit from mana, and a not-too-strong laning phase.

MNIError

04-25-2011

Hes different cuz ...hes bald ?

urmamasllama

04-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterYi of Wuju View Post
I agree
why are you nocroeing an invalid thread? they just nerfed him stfu

Blownbattery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-27-2011

he's blue