what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buisiness View Post
Ryze feels like a juggernaut Mid game because he buys his survivability items first while your still working on your 2nd bloodthirster.

god forbid you postpone that phat deeps item for a survivability item.
Do you really, honestly think a carry that rushes something like BV is going to beat Ryze at his own game? Don't even mention Hexdrinker, that's laughable compared to what Ryze gets out of Glacial Shroud and Catalyst.

Buisiness

04-15-2011

negatron cloak+merc treads isnt expensive. wont shutdown ryze per say. but it will definately put you in a better situation.

DizzyStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
The only champions that shut down Ryze early game shut down other champions even harder. Once Ryze hits 4, assuming a specialized rune page there is just about nobody on the roster that can trade favorably with him except Leblanc. Considering his CC makes him decent at level 1, that's a whole OMG TWO levels that he's weak early game... a few minutes in solo lane.

His burst is lower than a lot of casters but his sustainability is much, much higher. Why would I pick someone that needs to sacrifice survivability for DPS, when I can pick Ryze and get both DPS and survivability with his item build?
His only defense comes from his items. That being said, his base stats are still **** when it comes to the laning phase. He's also a horrible farmer early game until you start getting items and start spamming for your ToG. And in this thread, we are comparing only Irelia and Renekton, supposedly INFINITE laners with natural lifesteal. Can Ryze do that? If you think his R can save his ass in large teamfights, think again. Due to the fact Spellvamp decreases in AOE Spells, Ryze does not get the full 15% dmg of his ultimate.

JunkRamen

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyStorm View Post
His only defense comes from his items. That being said, his base stats are still **** when it comes to the laning phase. He's also a horrible farmer early game until you start getting items and start spamming for your ToG. And in this thread, we are comparing only Irelia and Renekton, supposedly INFINITE laners with natural lifesteal. Can Ryze do that? If you think his R can save his ass in large teamfights, think again. Due to the fact Spellvamp decreases in AOE Spells, Ryze does not get the full 15% dmg of his ultimate.
Oh, so it's fine because he only rushes some of the best tank items in the game for his survivability and damage. He gets a little defense out of his CC, which is a pretty good one for its cooldown.

His farming pre-Tears is kinda weak, yeah. Last hit with Q if you really need to. With mana runes (you should be using mixed flat and per level) you be fine farming up to Tears. Once you get Tears and level 4+, you can harass/zone almost anybody out of the lane, making them share in your farming issues. Nobody except Leblanc and maybe a few others can trade favorably with QWEQ from a properly runed Ryze.

R is not an amazing ultimate by any means, but it does give him some more HP during a team fight.

A Retarded Clown

04-15-2011

his weakness: he's basically a 2 button wonder...and not too mobile, has decent range. He's extremely boring.

JunkRamen

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
his weakness: he's basically a 2 button wonder...and not too mobile, has decent range. He's extremely boring.
It amazes me that people think AoE MR reduction isn't relevant to his power at all. People pay a ton of gold for AoE MR reduction via Abyssal Scepter, but Ryze gets it through Spell Flux. It's not an amazing spell, but it's still significant.

MisterYi of Wuju

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyStorm View Post
Do you ever play Ryze? I assume you don't. He is extremely item dependent and requires ton of farm to be effective. If you shut him out early-mid game, he is ****ed. Oh yeah, do you know that he is ****ing squishy early game? OMFG. SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND.
Yes I have played ryze and ryze is one of the best laners in game. You aren't shutting him down early-mid game because he hits like a truck and can outlane the majority of champions.

kthnxbai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-15-2011

i think probably his biggest problem is that he can get catalyst and tear early to increase his damage. these items are just way too strong to get so early without sacrificing something...

MisterYi of Wuju

04-15-2011

Not to mention spammable spells

Sessamo

04-15-2011

My, this thread is interesting and productive.