Frozen Mallet on Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isamaru

05-12-2011

Need a debate settled. Is frozen mallet good for Vayne or is it a complete waste of gold?

Pro's
you now have an Ashe slow so you can kite like a boss. (No need to rely on red buff)
you survive longer because of the 700 health.
20 damage is 20 extra damage enough said.

Con's
Expensive
Could just rely on red buff for a slow instead
Not as much health as Warmog's Armor

Please say yes or no first then back up why you think it is or isn't good.

Thanks in advance =)

TooStronkadonk

05-12-2011

triforce is superior.

Isamaru

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disttt View Post
triforce is superior.
If we go that build yea it would. but for arguments sake we are excluding TF from why we are for or against it.

TooStronkadonk

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
If we go that build yea it would. but for arguments sake we are excluding TF from why we are for or against it.
Stupid argument/question then -__-

almost as bad as asking how to build vlad if you exclude deathcap from his build.

Isamaru

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disttt View Post
Stupid argument/question then -__-

almost as bad as asking how to build vlad if you exclude deathcap from his build.
Their are many people who feel TF is not that great for her. The proc scales off the base damage of the roll auto attack not the auto attack after the roll damage is calculated. If you need the proof in the live steam that question was answered. If you get TF for the slow you can ether get red buff or go frozen mallet instead.If you get it for the Attack Speed or damage there are plenty of other items for that. All in all TF is a sup par Item for her since she doesn't need / use half of the item.

Dakkas

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
Their are many people who feel TF is not that great for her. The proc scales off the base damage of the roll auto attack not the auto attack after the roll damage is calculated. If you need the proof in the live steam that question was answered. If you get TF for the slow you can ether get red buff or go frozen mallet instead.If you get it for the Attack Speed or damage there are plenty of other items for that. All in all TF is a sup par Item for her since she doesn't need / use half of the item.
This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Yes the proc doesn't work on bonus damage but that doesn't change the fact that Vayne will be proccing it every time she rolls, meaning each tumble will do base + 75% + 50% = 225% base damage per tumble.

Additionally the ONLY stat that she doesn't use is the AP, everything else is very useful. Stop making stuff up

Draghinaazzo

05-12-2011

I get frozen mallet on vayne after IE and triforce for the HP and slow.

Dunkstiks

05-12-2011

I've been building crit and triforce on vayne. it's been working really well. using her q to proc a 700 hit then heal for 100 damage with my lifesteal. its a cheap quick way to heal back up after a gank or in the middle of a teamfight while being harassed. crit is not hard to farm up (EC, zeal, avarice blade) and the crits off your q can easily get to 1000 without infinity and nearly 1500 with it. think about it.

frozen mallet could be the way to go if you're build straight AS to make her silver bullets stack super fast and you want to be able to chase and attack. but otherwise triforce is going to be the superior item.
You shouldnt exclude an item from your calculation. its basically saying i know this item is better, but i want to try using a lesser item anyway to be less good.

Isamaru

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben15 View Post
I've been building crit and triforce on vayne. it's been working really well. using her q to proc a 700 hit then heal for 100 damage with my lifesteal. its a cheap quick way to heal back up after a gank or in the middle of a teamfight while being harassed. crit is not hard to farm up (EC, zeal, avarice blade) and the crits off your q can easily get to 1000 without infinity and nearly 1500 with it. think about it.

frozen mallet could be the way to go if you're build straight AS to make her silver bullets stack super fast and you want to be able to chase and attack. but otherwise triforce is going to be the superior item.
You shouldnt exclude an item from your calculation. its basically saying i know this item is better, but i want to try using a lesser item anyway to be less good.
my point is you don't build TF for the slow

NomZrawr

05-12-2011

Triforce THEN buy Frozen Mallet.