Basic rune build help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greatdav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2010

Hi guys,
I'm at lvl 18... and i wanna be planning a basic rune build for meele in general, when i achieve lvl 20 ill rune tier3 i'm saving money...

i currently play dr. mundo, poppy mostly, and also like tryndamere and master yii and i would like a rune build that would be good for all in general... of course i won't have the fully potencial of any of those champions, maybe yii and trynd cuz they are alike.... but just so i can play every champ with decent runes.. ill make another rune build when i decide my main.
Anyway i would like tips... i was thinking in going

Red: Armor penetration
Yellow: Critic chance
Blue: Critic dmge? more critic chance? atk speed?
Quintesses: Critic chance/atk speed

Looking forward for some nice tips, thanks in advance.

Grovel

02-25-2010

Those are fine, some other options would be:

Red: Crit Chance
Yellow: Dodge, HP/Level
Blue: Cool Down Reduction (by level)
Quint: Flat HP or Movement speed

Personally, I use Dodge Yellows, CDR Blues, Flat HP Quints for just about every champ I play at the moment. They're universally viable while leveling to 30, and really the only Runes I see being swapped in guides are very heavy crit builds (Shaco, Trist), some mana regen blues, and spell penetration Reds/Blues (but sounds like you're really leaning away from AP champs).

Greatdav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2010

I might try this, but i really want armor penetration (a), but i guess having dodge yellows and hp quints would be a good choice for playing every champ.

Greatdav

Recruiter

02-25-2010

Any more tips, comments, tought? <.<

IHelpPro

02-25-2010

I vouch for armor penetration reds. I use armor penetration quints as well since armor penetration is more effective as they get closer to 0 armor. Combine that with masteries, brutalizer and last whisper (both good DPS items), the DPS increase is absolutely huge on anyone not pure stacking armor.

Blues and yellows are your choice really. Hp/level is good in yellow and magic resist in blue.

Lynxion

02-25-2010

All Crit Damage.

Greatdav

Recruiter

02-26-2010

What about dodge? if i full yellow and/or maybe blue dodge runes, for characters like trynd and yii where PD is possible how much dodge should i have? would it really make a huge difference, what you guys think? ^^

Greatdav

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxion View Post
All Crit Damage.
Could you base that on something...i mean explain the reasons..

Greatdav

Recruiter

02-26-2010

<.< any mo0re?

Greatdav

Recruiter

02-26-2010

Ok so i've done some calculations with a friend and i think i'm gonna take red+yellow for critic chance and blue+ quints for atk.speed that will give me 12.15 crtici chance + 12.56 atk speed.. with 2 quints.
When i hit lvl 30, adding another will bring my critic to 14.01.

What do you think?