Most optimal way to reduce Armor/Magic Resist on tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papabaloo

Recruiter

04-13-2011

Ive recently been noticing more and more tank team compositions, (3+ tanks in a team) on the last 2 games ive seen a Mordekaise, Rammus and Jarvan and a Amumu, Mordekaise y Nunu on the same team all fully building tanking items, on a long game, they basically laugh at the damage my team could deal (true in one of them we lacked a solid carry dps and in the other we where almost pure AP champs) never the less it got me thinking between the whole array of item you might chose you damage a champ beyond its armor/magic resist what is the best combination/order of adquisition?

I know the basics on AD is the Last wisperer (for 100+ armor) and the Black cleaver for under, but ive been told not to use them both

The same way i guess you have the Void staff and the abyssal scepter.

TL;DR

Whats the most optimal way to reduce Armor/Magic resistance on tanks stacking these stats? is there a preferred buying order or combination of items?

Thxs in advance for the response.

Guolin

04-13-2011

Lol, whoever said not to use those items obviously have had no experience fighting good tanks.

Last Whisper and Black Cleavers are both very good on auto-attack physical carries, like Tristana and Yi. They're not too particularly bad on other champs, so don't be afraid to buy them if your enemy is stacking armor.

Void Staff is a very good mage item - Magic Pen should never be ignored when playing a mage. Magic Pen runes, magic pen items, etc. are useful even if your enemy is not stacking magic resist. True, Void Staff and Abyssal Scepter are individually better on certain champs, but again, don't be afraid to use those, either.

Also, there are some champions that can laugh at armor and magic resist with true damage skills. Examples are Olaf and Corki.

Papabaloo

Recruiter

04-14-2011

Bump

HazardsofLove

04-14-2011

corki/trundle with a black cleaver and starks fervor could probably destroy armor

ryze/fiddlesticks/someone with a malady and abyssal scepter could help against mr

Kelhan

04-14-2011

One word: Trundle

Trundle is a tank killer. Ult + last whisper + Black Cleaver/Stark's Fervor and that tank will regret ever being born. A Frozen Mallet or simply Phage will help keeping the tank in range too if you don't have red buff (which you should have since you jungle).