help w/ Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhantroniX

04-13-2011

So i'm fairly new to LoL, but I like to think i picked up fairly quick. Now i've mainly played Jax from levels 10-30 and could usually hold my own in most games... But now at level 30 I seem to have hit a wall.

So I guess my question is, does anyone play Jax and give me and tips for him? I tend to hang back and wait for initiation, and then leap on a squishy and get focused into the ground.

Or is Jax just not a viable choice for higher games? I know I can stomp noobs with him, but against better players, should I just be picking a different champion?

DSkittlez

04-13-2011

by who r u gettin focused u shud have lots of hp to survive thru part of the focus(with life steal) esp if melee champs are tryin to att u- since u said u wait for the fight to start their skills shud be on cd

do u have max dodge seals(the yellow one) that will give u more chance to stun every few secs
how do u build him tho?

keep in mind that he also gets more MR by having a higher dodge rate from his ult n he gets more hp from building att n mag items so u shud be tanky enough to survive

try this
dodge boots/guinsoos/bloodthirster/rylais

then ur last 2 items can be situational if u have lots of kills u can grab a gunblade and a BV
or get another defensive item based on what u may feel u nee more

n just keep an eye out for the ppl smart enough to buy Sotd tho in my experience MOST ppl rly are too stupid to grab it lol

hope this helps man

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-13-2011

here is a really good jax guide on leaguecraft
http://tinylc.com/P7pretty much the MUST HAVE items are a guinsoo's or hextech gunblade and ninja tabi. great items for him are the hexdrinker, since it provides an awesome magic shield and AD to pump your passive and DPS. for survivability you can always trust your friends Banshee's Veil and guardian angel, but other situational items like Force of nature work really well with your passive

PhantroniX

04-13-2011

My build goes like this : Runes - Dodge seals, ArP marks, AP/level glyphs, Atk speed quints (i exchange these with flat hp sometimes)

Items : Start with dorans blade usually, if melee heavy i do cloth armor + health pots..... then tabi, gunblade, guinsoo, BV/rylais (order depends on situation).. and then situational item (FoN if im dying quick, or for damage : atmas to take advantage of my extra hp)

The people that focus me down are usually the ranged/mages... melees aren't really too tough for me to handle unless extremely fed, or they have some kinda CC.

I pop MR ulti soon as i see anyone with magic attacks comin for me. or right before i leap into the fray

Maybe i'm just off on my timing? It seems once the fight starts my whole team takes off and i end up dying. I'm just so frustrated, on a pretty big lose streak right now and since I keep dying in those fights, I end up having the most deaths, and then the insults fly like crazy and I get mad and stop playing (after the game of course, I never ragequit >< )

Wildkarde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

Jax does have a lot of trouble with AP casters. It also just sounds like you are just in a losing streak and should take a break or just try another champ for a bit and then come back to Jax.

An early Hexdrinker can help you out a lot against a caster team. You could also try to rush a Gunblade and go for a more Bursty Jax and just jump in and out of team fights.