Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Heimerdinger 2011

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hold Ma Beer

05-16-2011

the best Heimerdinger guide is the one that tells you not to pick him.

Pyroxite

05-28-2011

Updated with new observations and tips.

Aran Zeminir

05-29-2011

As an avid Heimerdinger player, I am happy to see people using him in ranked games. I enjoyed your guide and might try it out. My current play-style is to turn heimerdinger into an off-tank utilizing Frozen heart, aegis, Merc. treads, and whatever else I feel is necessary for the current game. Tankinheimer focuses on auras and armor/MR to turn a creep wave into a threat against champions and make team fights turn far into your favor.

You might like to try it out. I get sapphire crystal and 2 health pots to start. Solo mid. 1stUlt.>Turret>Grenade>Rocket>Ult.

I do love your guide, never thought to get NLR right after Sorcerer's Boots.

Pyroxite

05-29-2011

Quote:
Aran Zeminir:
As an avid Heimerdinger player, I am happy to see people using him in ranked games. I enjoyed your guide and might try it out. My current play-style is to turn heimerdinger into an off-tank utilizing Frozen heart, aegis, Merc. treads, and whatever else I feel is necessary for the current game. Tankinheimer focuses on auras and armor/MR to turn a creep wave into a threat against champions and make team fights turn far into your favor.

You might like to try it out. I get sapphire crystal and 2 health pots to start. Solo mid. 1stUlt.>Turret>Grenade>Rocket>Ult.

I do love your guide, never thought to get NLR right after Sorcerer's Boots.

I've been pondering the tankenheimer build for awhile, but haven't tried it out yet. Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll test it out soon .

These days in ranked games I almost always go 2 faerie charms -> 2 philo stones and boots -> NLR -> banshee's veil and then from there you can choose rabadon's or hourglass. The early NLR gives your rockets some nice mid game oomph while you're saving for bveil, and gives you more time to evaluate whether you can go straight to rabadon's or if you need the hourglass first.

Pyroxite

06-01-2011

Tried a tankenheimer build, it was pretty painful. It was only one game, but my first impression is that it's not very viable. I did an auras build to be both tanky/support and got crushed without contributing much.

JohnCataldo

06-01-2011

Quote:
DjJEsus:
when i play heimer i usually rush a rabandon's. as for summoner spells i take ghost and teleport. the reason i don't take flash because if you are getting jumped on or gank attempt a well placed nade stun can give you plenty of opportunity to either run or drop your turrets and melt them down with your ult while you run in circles lol'in. the reason i take teleport is because once you get the rabadons and level 5 turrets if you catch a lane with a minion creep pushed up to their tower alone the AP from the item gives your turrets enough damage to be able to TP in drop your turrets and run out before the opposing team is able to turn up to you also destroying the turret.

While I sort of understand the reasoning for not needing Flash, it doesn't really explain why you have Ghost. I prefer Flash over Ghost because when Heimer needs out he needs out right now, or he's going to be able to stay and fight. (I personally often play Heimer without either Flash or Ghost, preferring CV/Teleport, but against jumping melee Flash really is huge.)

Teleport just seems ridiculously powerful on Heimer, both offensively and defensively. I feel like Teleport is just an overall underappreciated spell, but especially on Heimer. Few champions benefit as much as Heimer by popping in at a semi-hurt tower, either allied or enemy. Teleporting directly to enemies in a fight is a bit riskier with Heimer than some champions, but most of the either there's somewhere safe to port into, or Heimer will be the decisive factor just by showing up so it's safe to port right in.

McBash

03-27-2013

i find it disturbing how everyone says turrets before rockets... heimers turrets are weak and easily killed... rockets are low mana cost, do a ton of damage, and never miss. they are the premier harassment skill in the game... i set him up "first 3 levels of turret > max rockets > rest of turrets > grenade. grenade is too costly in mana and only 1 rank is needed simply to stave off ganks.