Alistar Nerfs not mentioned, whats going on Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judah the Lion

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
Bc that is all he is. His combos are all he has. Now he's just a moving rock that occasionally group heals.
It's a bit short-sighted to think that, imo; he's still plenty viable and good. You do have a valid point though, and in large, I agree.

The best thing I can come up with is Riot wants him as good as other tanks, but the catch is, if he's brought down with perpetual nerfs and reductions, he'll sink like a snitch wearing cement shoes because he has almost no farming ability, is slow and really doesn't have a huge amount of health to run with; his compensations will become less and less apparent, halving halves and putting him in the trash bin with the quickness.

For clarification though, Ace, you can still Pulverize and have time to knock them back, as a matter a fact, you can auto-attack them twice before the stun fully ends, but yes, it's easy to mess up now.

Here's to hoping Ali doesn't go bad.

Idsmurfthat

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4ce2brkndwth View Post
and i think it's effing bull****.

i see wut u did thar

Techno Stud

02-25-2010

Alistar is sinking fast, and I'm jumping ship. He was nice while it lasted, but he's becoming much less viable and fun to play in my opinion. Alistar is an offensive line man who opens holes for his carry quarterback. They're seriously effing that up with these heavy-handed ninja nerf bat swings and I give up.

There are better characters who are insanely more fun to play. They've ruined Alistar for me. Three consecutive patches of nerfs = Me outtie 5000.

Blitzcrank does Alistar's job 200 times better without the heal. AND He doesn't rely on flash.

Mundo was my main. Got ninja nerfed.
Alistar was my second main. Got ninja nerfed.

It's getting old.

Judah the Lion

02-25-2010

Quote:
Poppy does Alistar's job
You lost me there, brother. Poppy may have a knock back and super-shield Ult., but she'll never have the group heal, built in Cleanse Ult. mechanic or AOE stun Ali does.

Those stun nerfs hurt him a lot though, and he didn't get much to make up for the hit, you're correct there.

Techno Stud

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
You lost me there, brother. Poppy may have a knock back and super-shield Ult., but she'll never have the group heal, built in Cleanse Ult. mechanic or AOE stun Ali does.

Those stun nerfs hurt him a lot though, and he didn't get much to make up for the hit, you're correct there.
Sorry I meant Blitz, went back and corrected, and I was referred to combos and placement, enemy movement, etc

Judah the Lion

02-25-2010

Quote:
Sorry I meant Blitz, went back and corrected, and I was referred to combos and placement, enemy movement, etc
Np.

I still feel through your disappointment you're underestimating Ali's skill set. I mean, I think his nerfs sucked too, but he's still a force to be reckoned with when properly played.

Pulverize is an AOE stun that starts and stops at 2 seconds flat, Head-butt keeps people off or pulls people in, 'Roar is one of the best pushing tools there is and his Ult. is Chuck Norris in ability form.

For serious though, if his stun is reduced ANY more, the remaining threat he has left will be cut directly in half. He almost can't do enough with 2 seconds. . . almost.

Thinking about it more though. my thing is, if he's going to have such terrible damage naturally and be the quintessential, dedicated tank, he should be entitled to the absolute best CC in the game. Suddenly, a 3 second Pulv. and Head-butt being a stun don't look too unreasonable.

Maybe Triumphant Roar should increase you and/or your teams attack damage/speed for a short time too?

And yeah, the grape Tauren is getting way less fun to play having to worry about his viability all the time. I usually play Singed now.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

yea, the nerfs are getting old, and sadly i may switch to amumu and or rammus for their strengths and fun variations you can play them.. I mean you can jungle with both of them, or do sick damage to minions with ap builds.

Alistar was my favorite champ to play, but I feel like these changes while necessary for other champions are killing the ideal Alistar I enjoyed playing. He will always be a strong team support champion, but will not be as enjoyable to play. I think an easy way to fix this is to allow alistar to headbutt minions. I know that sounds stupid but just that small change would allow a bit of flexibility build wise (gold farm potential despite mana cost), and increased enjoyment to play for fun.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

I agree Alistar is losing some of his "power" at the same time many others are recieving power.

I think the balance could be giving Alistar an out. Like Nico was saying, it would be dealing with his headbutt. If they allowed his heabutt to be targetable to friendly or unfriendly creaps or even a "Skill-Shot" it would add to his character. Many champs have the ability to charge or leap to or from the enemies... Alistar is one of heroes who can't.

Tryndamere can spin away
Tristina can Pop away
Gragas can wobble away
Rammus can roll away
Jax can Leap away
Kassadin can Flash away
and ect...

Let Alistar use his headbutt in this method and you add to his character and balance his nerfs.

Techno Stud

02-25-2010

He's incredibly slow.
He's can't do any sort of sustained DPS.
He sucks as a tank without his Ult on.
His heal sucks without Innervating Locket.
His damage sucks without Sheen.
His passive sucks because it doesn't take into account Structure Armor.
He is incapable of killing any hero from full life by himself.

Translation...it doesn't take much nerfing to make him not fun to play.
He is a support tank. For me, that was one nerf too many.

nicosharp

02-25-2010

Yea, at least make it a skill shot.. although gragas and poppy dont really have a stun, they do have a move that allows them to traverse terrain in this way. God, would Alistar be awesome to play if it was a skillshot, but that would also sadly be broken, due to his aoe pulverize. But allowing him to headbutt a enemy minion/creeps should at least be viable. I mean ally might be a bit too broken, as its an aggressive move, and not meant to be a escape mechanism, but I dont see why Alistar cant get a little angry and want to headbutt a caster minion that is attacking him, or the dragon for that matter.

Also, for how much they have 'cleaned up', and 'worked on' headbutt its animation and its effect... it is the most wonky skill in the game. Singed can fling me while I try to headbutt him, and cancel my damage? wtf? If I hit someone and they move down suddenly they sometimes fly the the direction I came from???? WTF? if I headbutt someone head on sometimes they go off to the side? This is just silly.