Stratedgy to countering mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggleREINCRNATE

04-13-2011

As many of you have been calling mordekaiser OP when fighting me, he is not this case, there are weaknesses.

1.early game he gets hurt fairly easily, make sure to try and keep out of his siphoning of desctruction spell and hit him when his spells are on CD, this makes it hard for him to deal any damage to you and makes it easier to down him.
2.Get ranged players, nidalee, teemo, ryze, etc. These champions are the best against mordekaiser because they can't get near them, you can continue to harass him with basic attacks to down his shield. once his shield is down its time to get the kill.
3.During team fights or charging mordekaiser don't grp up in his range to cone all of you, there were a few times when I myself were able to tank 5 guys at once because I kept siphon of destruction on 5 of the enemys + a few mobs to keep my shield maxed even with the damage I took. ontop of that, when your all close together my mace of spades hits 4 targets, my main target and 3 others close by, keeping my shield maxed.
4.Creeping death deals moderate damage over time but can also be used as a tanking method, if you see someone with this buff on perfer to target someone else. This spell can give up to 30armor and magic resist wich is still something, especialy when cast on other tanks.
5.When in a lane fight against mordekaiser make it hard for him to get in the middle of creep waves, because that is were he will creeping death to keep his shield up.
6.Blind, or exhaust, can impare mordekaisers abilitys, without being able to use his mace of spades because his attacks are missing he losses a chance at maxing his shield more, this can keep his shield gain halted while you nuke him.
7.If you get in a fight with mordekaiser and he uses his ulti early or near your death just run. even if you got a buddy sometimes its better for both of you run and wait out his ulti before you take him on. I've actualy had a few fights were I took on 2 people, ultid one, manage to keep my shield up while healing from my ultis lifesteal.
Killed the first used his spawn to nuke the other.
8.If mordekaiser isn't showing up on the map because hes Mia for a very long time, hes more the likely out jungling, buy wards and plant near the enemys lizard so you have a chance to gank him and take his lizard buff in the process, a very effective way to halting his progress.
9.A good combo against mordekaiser would have to be teemo and pantheon, if laning 1v1 wich I have never seen happen for I do not do that, Teemo all the way. Teemo is your harassment and damage against mordekaiser, using blind to half his shield resource progress and poisen to keep his shield down and hp draining. Pantheon for when he and his partner get close enough, stun and nuke, also becaue pantheon can harass with spears, wich is very helpfull to keeping his hp down.

Thats all for now I hope you enjoyd these stradegys and I wish to see you ingame soon.
If you search my profile now you should see a good amount of wins, altogether I might have played around 35games with mordekaiser, but only about 22-26wins.
It seems like I had trouble with some noobs, I don't believe laning with soraka is ever a good choice, ever again.

xFreshness

04-19-2011

Having weaknesses doesn't mean he isn't OP.

distantspace

04-19-2011

Strategy

Dane Dread

04-19-2011

Who calls Morde OP?

I actually think he's lackluster. He's a tough nut with decent damage but he has no team utility. Either focus him down, cc him or ignore him until you can do one of the other options.

Anagke

04-20-2011

i agree that he isn't op, but i must say the he's got more than "decent" damage

OutlawStarx2

04-20-2011

here's how i beat morde

Play ez and kick ass

Ichikaze

04-20-2011

Negatron cloak

There,all you needed.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

......i just failed against morde as teemo............
but that karma supported him so ...............i couldnt get close
late game he juts gets op and tanky dps

pn140

04-21-2011

I usually ignore him in late game until he's the only one left. When laning against him, I have hard time with melee champ, but no problem with range, just clear out the melee creeps first. Since his skills do a lot of damage to creeps, you'll probably stay near tower and just do last hitting; but make sure to take out as many melee creeps as possible. Most of the time I just ignore him and focus the other laner.

tumultuoustempus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Despite the OP's spelling and grammar issues, he provided very good suggestions for beating Mord. Not sure why he got so many downvotes. +1 from me.