Stacking Guinsoo on new Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamcleaver

02-26-2010

Hi all! So I've just bought this dude and have a question.

Is it worth having more than 1 Guinsoo's Rage Blade on him? It seems the passive is not UNIQUE and it grants both dmg and AP so boosts health a lot in Jax's case. Do 2 Guinsoos grant double passive bonus?

I've played a few game and went with a build like this:
1. Ninja Tabi
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Guinsoo's Rage
4. Guinsoo's Rage
5. Atma's Impaler

I did not get a 6th item because the matches were over quite fast.

Since I had no atk speed items (have a few runes for atk speed though) the bonus from Guinsoo's passive was nice.

What was strange though is that I always had very few kills (1-4), 0 deaths (with flash and cleanse), and a LOT of assists (10-16). Is he suppsoed to be dps or tank?

Joru

02-26-2010

Two Rageblades will cause the buff to stack twice as fast, but the max stacks is the same as for just one of them. So no, it's probably not worth it

Dreamcleaver

02-26-2010

Oh I see. So I get to 8 stacks faster but won't get double benefit per stack?

Thx for clearing that up for me.

Ebonclaw

02-26-2010

Interestingly though, it's some of the cheapest AP+AD in the game, you benefit from both in combat, and it then gives you the cheapest HP boost in the game.

I play Jax a lot, and I only get one RAGEblade, but last night someone else took Jax, and he got 3 of them, and was just flattening the enemy.

Marzix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-26-2010

philostone is bad on jax imo. not counting boots, if it doesnt lend itself to his passive skill, its not that great of an item imo. if you need it for mana regen, get fiendish codex since it gives ability power as well. however, i have never had mana problems when playing jax as i dont spam my abilities to kill minions like i see so many do.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Is jax even worth buying though? He seems like a Master yi with a purple scarf and lamp post..

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

Well, we already know that the stacks are only gotten faster. But to my knowledge, every time you receive a stack your current health goes up. If that's the case, 2 rageblades would heal you for 36 hp for 4 hits/skills. That's actually pretty good.

At any rate, no item gives you as much HP as rageblade does for it's price, even without the extra stacks.

Patyrn

02-26-2010

It's definitely not worth it to get 2 rageblades though. With all of his spammable abilities + his auto attacks he gets 8 stacks in seconds. There are too many items with awesome passives to get 2.

Struz

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azghyn Nite View Post
Is jax even worth buying though? He seems like a Master yi with a purple scarf and lamp post..
He's a more useful (read: less ****) Master Yi. What's there not to love?