[GUIDE]Mordekaiser - DPS/Survivability Chaser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joru

02-25-2010

I have to say, I don't get the purpose of this build at all. You call him a chaser, but don't take either Flash or Ghost, nor do you buy Boots of Swiftness or even Mercury Treads. You buy both the Frozen Mallet AND Rylai's, even though they don't stack and whichever one you buy second is only a very marginal increase in the slowing you were already doing for an exorbitant cost. Then you buy Warmog's, in spite of health being the last stat you need at that point with two big HP items already. And the only offensive item you buy at all is a single Bloodthirster at the very end which you will never be able to afford.

You call it a "DPS/chaser", but you're subpar at chasing due to Mordekaiser's inherent terribleness at it and you do no damage to the people you DO manage to chase because you have no offense.

The fact of the matter is that Mordekaiser is a terrible ganker no matter how you build him. If you want to be able to chase someone and then take them down, you should not be playing Mordekaiser. You should only be playing Mordekaiser because you want to lie low until late-game and then drop a huge nuke on the final decisive 5v5s with high-damage gear and the huge scary ghost of the other team's carry.

Rawbarry

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
I have to say, I don't get the purpose of this build at all. You call him a chaser, but don't take either Flash or Ghost, nor do you buy Boots of Swiftness or even Mercury Treads. You buy both the Frozen Mallet AND Rylai's, even though they don't stack and whichever one you buy second is only a very marginal increase in the slowing you were already doing for an exorbitant cost. Then you buy Warmog's, in spite of health being the last stat you need at that point with two big HP items already. And the only offensive item you buy at all is a single Bloodthirster at the very end which you will never be able to afford.

You call it a "DPS/chaser", but you're subpar at chasing due to Mordekaiser's inherent terribleness at it and you do no damage to the people you DO manage to chase because you have no offense.

The fact of the matter is that Mordekaiser is a terrible ganker no matter how you build him. If you want to be able to chase someone and then take them down, you should not be playing Mordekaiser. You should only be playing Mordekaiser because you want to lie low until late-game and then drop a huge nuke on the final decisive 5v5s with high-damage gear and the huge scary ghost of the other team's carry.

^^^this

HadMan

02-25-2010

Nice guide! I have only played with him once before and I was quite bad. I was so slow and even with full shield was getting CCed and killed. I hope this guide will help a lot.
I also chose bad summoner spells - Teleport and Flash and was quite lackluster.

He seems really good I just wish that his ulti's CD refreshed when it killed a unit. It would make him more useful and easier.

Skyllus

03-04-2010

Bumping for free Mordekaiser week.

Got a lot better response to it on Leaguecraft than here, hoping you guys will give it a shot.