Move speed, great stat or greatest stat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teh DucK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

agreed with wildcott

bobthegood

02-25-2010

Moves speed is super great insofar as having more than your opponent. If you already are faster than your opponent, getting even more movespeed doesn't really help you as much as more stats.

Mylon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Greatest stat. It works both ways, it lets you get a kill when the battle is in your favor and lets you get away when it isn't. No amount of armor/hp will save you if someone sets upon you and starts hitting their specials, but if you can move then they can't hit you. And best of all, it's cheap to get, too. Boots are a first buy. Always.

Ashtorath

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcolt View Post
It's ok, but not great. 650 MS is great and all, 'till you're hit with a big slow...then all that you invested in MS just became useless...
You'll still be moving faster than you would have been otherwise. The thing you really have to watch out for is disables.

Wildcolt

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtorath View Post
You'll still be moving faster than you would have been otherwise. The thing you really have to watch out for is disables.
For less than the money you spent to get that high of MS, they've gotten a passive slow that will keep you in range for everything they do. Anything beyond 400 MS, is un-needed and a waste.

idecline

02-25-2010

I used 3 speed quints before I got my flat hp quints. On some champions they can be nice.

The problem is what you give up to have it. You may be more mobile and able to get into range better in the early game, but you will most likely have close to 100 hp less than your opponent because so many people use flat hp (you could use 1 or 2 MS quints but I prefer to stick to one stat with runes in general).

The question of itemizing for MS in-game is pretty similar - it is useful in moderation, but you really need to think about your champion's role, which stats are important, and what you give up to include MS in your build.

Your income in a game is finite. Every decision has consequences, and you want to make sure that you are working towards your champion's highest priority stat whether it be AP, AD, HP/Armor, mana/MP5, or w/e.

The thing about MS is that while you should try to include at least upgraded boots by the end of the game it should never be the top priority.

Reidan

02-25-2010

greatest stat, i have 3 MS quints for when i play rampage

Melonyan

02-25-2010

Move speed and flat hp are my two favourite, most used quints, and they're both solid choices. Flat hp quints are easily the biggest early game advantage you can get from runes, but movement speed is useful in so many situations as well. Not only that, but a lot of characters don't do well with the +ms items, or simply have better options which really make the move speed quints invaluable imo.

The problem is though, we only get 2 rune pages, and since I solo queue often my hero choices often change depending on the lineup. That means I have a caster page, and a general dps/tank page so theres no room to have pages with different quints. The choice of whether or not you're running move speed or flat hp depends a lot on your hero, and on how ****py you think your lane is going to be.

If you have a really good lane early, move speed becomes a better choice since it can give you the mobility advantage to grab kills you might have missed. Whereas flat hp is the best in those ****ty lanes where you just want to survive as long as possible before you have to recall back to base or you know theres going to be a lot of back and forth action.

tldr -I like movespeed but its by no means the undisputed best stat or rune. Also its not fair that I have to pre-choose between move speed and flat hp before I get to see the rest of my teams hero choices and decide which hero I really want to play.

Judah the Lion

02-26-2010

Best stat.

unentschieden

02-26-2010

Just compare: How many champs DONīT get Boots vs. how many champs DON`T get HPitems.