Mordekaiser could use some better AP ratios

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

without a snare of any sort, Mordekaiser is lackluster at being a phys. DPS or a tank unless his team handfeeds him good situations.

his spells are all very useful, however, without better AP scaling, the one thing that he's actually sorta good at falls short when it comes to raw damage dealt.

Shemsu Hor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

all of his skills need an ap scaling(like poppy) my recomendation would be making him a caster or make stuff scale with damage because hes pretty fail atm. (or make no cap or his spell dmg shield)

SonicTheHedgedawg

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsu Hor View Post
all of his skills need an ap scaling(like poppy) my recomendation would be making him a caster or make stuff scale with damage because hes pretty fail atm. (or make no cap or his spell dmg shield)

I play him as a full caster:

Spirit Visage
Haunting Guise
Sorc Boots
Rylai's Sceptre
Lich Bane
Abyssal Sceptre

and, believe it or not, it went well and I felt functional, just underpowered. His abilities actually synergize well with the essentially manaless AP items, the problem is that the scaling isn't enough to make him as threatening as he should be.

Bolshoi

02-24-2010

I really do wish he had better scaling. AP Mord with an almost constant shield would be interesting and quite fun to play as.

Stormsoul

02-24-2010

agreed, more AP scaling would make him = to what i wish kassadin was : a melee caster. I think he's somewhat decent atm if you go hybrid on him with rylais... but his ap ratios definetly need a buff.

BacKSpacEs

02-24-2010

I think i would try this

Start:Vampric Scepter Later:Beserker greves, Frozen Mallet, Blood thirster, Inf. Edge , Phantom Dancer , Black cleaver.

I want to get Tiamat the little aoe , just because it would match with his giant mace swinging all crazy

Craixis

02-24-2010

Tiamat would only be good if the enemies are basically hugging (or farming, but he's great at that)
He's been good so far in my ELO, I've only seen a few wimpy ones (I mean, what kind of caster can stand the full might of Kasus in FotS and scare him off... alone)
I mean, jeez, that shield is nasty if used right x.x'

SonicTheHedgedawg

03-01-2010

any word from riot about what they think about buffing him yet?

Fennec

Recruiter

03-01-2010

His scaling is low i bet cause of how his ulti works. from what i understand he can pretty much have double the normal AP when he kills heroes.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FennecFoxx View Post
His scaling is low i bet cause of how his ulti works. from what i understand he can pretty much have double the normal AP when he kills heroes.
That doesn't really help much unless you get a Caster. With his current AP ratios, using your ulti on a Caster would be a waste.