Nidalee is balanced

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riesbyfe

02-24-2010

i also wish for huge elo to be crammed down my throat.

oh, wait, it already has been several times in substitution of a valid point or argument which many agree upon! GG GUYS GG

The SHP

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Yeah, and the funny thing is, if they're trying to argue from the true pros, Nidalee isn't even top tier according to the council. She's like, Tier 3.
she's considered tier 2 mostly, tier 1 being 'i win' button heroes like tf and alistar.

Riesbyfe

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
she's considered tier 2 mostly, tier 1 being 'i win' button heroes like tf and alistar.
so by this logic you're saying she's in

"just good" tier? alright, i can live with that.

Somafera

02-24-2010

So, after all of this, we came to a simple conclusion:

Nidalee isn't in the faceroll tier and thus she's balanced, as the thread name already stated.

Good job guys.

JASONSDKLFJS

02-24-2010

Quote:
  • She has a heal with a short cooldown that cost a flat 50 mp which is stronger than Soraka's Heal.
in a 5 vs 5 situation her little 275 hp heal isnt going to be THAT game changing its solely for lane control and while she is in human form well shes almost useless any champ can beat her.
  • You cannot punish her for misplaying and she rewards stupid play by being virtually unkillable and never having to leave her lane.
lmao nidalee before lvl 6 is like the weakest champ ever you can punish her easy at level 6 she is just a harassing champ who can run away and doesnt deal big damage..
  • She's stronger than every champion at level 6 without items and snowballs so hard, don't pretend she isn't a lategame beast. There's nothing getting a void staff or building attack damage can't fix.
Uhh she has a flat rate dmg in cougar form her skills dont get any stronger once they are level 5 every other champ skills will grow in dmg unlike hers which will stay the same till the end of the game... so how on earth is that OP late game?
  • She supports better than Soraka, when's the last time you saw an AP Soraka get fed?
soraka provides mana which enables people to stay and push/harrass alot more then just a heal.

soraka's ult is a universal heal which restores 550 health to every champ no matter where they are on the map....

soraka has the ability to silence an enemy champion for 3 seconds that is some insane support if you ask me

her heal gives a DEF buff which is much more useful then a atk speed buff if you give it to your tank WHO is generally the one to push and deals ****py dmg anyways simply because his a "tank"

but yeh your right nidalee much better support she can heal every 9 seconds.. listen to yourself -.-
  • She never has to consider the situation, if she runs into a group of three she'll probably kill someone and escape with a sliver of health.
what the F are you smoking? you think because she has pounce she is unkillable? lololol what is CC? alot of champs have it, you have exhaust too, she will drop like any other champ just she can TRY and pounce away.. running into 3 champs and escaping your team must of been afk because i dont see any champ truely doing that but one with stealth.. she doesnt kill INSANELY quick as your describing her so this would have to be a lie
  • Her cougar skills cost no mana, are on short cooldowns, and do to much damage for their cost.
deal too much dmg? they are a flat rate dont increase in dmg unlike EVERY other champ skill in this game.. ability power/attack doesnt even effect her damage output sure they are on short cooldowns but what benefit does she get at end of the game? while ryze is off 1 hitting champs because late game he has a insane amount of ability power and you cant even get near him, almost every champ can increase their skills dmg by either AP or atk nidalees is stuck at a flat rate which is a huge failure for late game
  • She can ward the entire map and provides better map control than teemo's ult.
teemos ult has a 20 second cooldown
reveals a area of the map even if they dont stand on the shroom you can still know the location of the enemys
is stealthed cant be seen unless you have wards...
and deals up to 650 damage
slows their movement by 50% giving you plenty of time to escape..
lasts 10 minutes

nidalees "ward" has a 18 second cooldown
ISNT invisible pretty obvious and easy to dodge one of these
reveals champions ONLY if they stand on the trap for 9 seconds
deals 170 damage ( might be wrong been a while since i played nidalee )
reduces resistance/armor by 40%
lasts 4 minutes

i know which i would prefer..
  • She rewards inexperienced players by being extremely powerful by design.
Inexperienced players would suffer on nidalee she does require skill she isn't a ryze who only has to press 4 keys to kill someone and she is quite squishy and has to get close to do some real damage which makes her not the best for a 5 vs 5 fight because she often gets targetted first and pwnt,
Im not trying to say she is balanced but she is far from OP, RYZE is OP he has the ability to almost 1 hit ANY champ at lvl 6 and your complaining about nidalee the low dmg dealing champ who can just escape? i would rather have a champ get away from me then be able to 1 hit me..

Gorchek

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
Let's ignore the following:

• She has a heal with a short cooldown that cost a flat 50 mp which is stronger than Soraka's Heal.
  • You cannot punish her for misplaying and she rewards stupid play by being virtually unkillable and never having to leave her lane.
  • She's stronger than every champion at level 6 without items and snowballs so hard, don't pretend she isn't a lategame beast. There's nothing getting a void staff or building attack damage can't fix.
  • She supports better than Soraka, when's the last time you saw an AP Soraka get fed?
  • She never has to consider the situation, if she runs into a group of three she'll probably kill someone and escape with a sliver of health.
  • Her cougar skills cost no mana, are on short cooldowns, and do to much damage for their cost.
  • She can ward the entire map and provides better map control than teemo's ult.
  • She rewards inexperienced players by being extremely powerful by design.

Let's ignore all of that and consider this:
She has no CC, lrn2play, and people play her for her balanced nature obviously. Let's pretend that the weekend of double IP did not spawn thousands of Nidalee players between Sunday & Tuesday, her being free this week does not compound the issue. Those people bought her before she was free because she's balanced, sexy, and has no CC. Lrn2play.
  • Her heal is weaker than Soraka's and has a longer cooldown. Just gonna go ahead and assume that you got roflpwned by a nidalee and are now blowing everything out of proportion to make your opinion more valid. Good job.
  • She'll run out of mana eventually, unless she brings clarity. Then she's just hurting because she couldn't bring something better.
  • Stronger than any hero at lvl 6? Please, don't generalize. At least Annie is more of a threat at lvl 6 than Nidalee.
  • This one I will give you. While she's not as good at keeping her team up as Soraka is, Soraka is a healer in a DPSer's world. Having Soraka in this game is like having a dedicated healer class in Diablo. She doesn't fit the gamestyle.
  • Again, this is a case of "omg this nidalee solo'd three of us and LIVED and we didn't NERFPLZ." No, she can't jump into a group of three and live most of the time, but she (and Kassadin) have a much higher chance of living than other champions. Stunning or, even more effective, silencing her will really ruin her day of shifting between forms. Try some cc next time.
  • Replace her "OP ult" with something that nukes for a ton of damage. It's a trade off. Instead of a powerful ult, she just has an extra set of skills. Why not?
  • This I will agree with wholeheartedly, but that's just something about her that's good. Like kassadin's ability to chase, or annie's ability to nuke, yadda yadda.
  • She's not a faceroll of spells. I see so many people using her wrong (not using traps right/at all, not harassing with spear, not healing allies), she's pretty challenging.

That all? I've never gotten the feeling that she was overpowered. I did, however, get the feeling that she was a very good hero. If other heroes could be toned down or tuned up to be at her level, that'd be great. And that's what "balanced" means.

The SHP

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesbyfe View Post
so by this logic you're saying she's in

"just good" tier? alright, i can live with that.
she's just below the god tier champs, so that means she's 'just good'?

semantics ftw

Mpalm

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somafera View Post
So, after all of this, we came to a simple conclusion:

Nidalee isn't in the faceroll tier and thus she's balanced, as the thread name already stated.

Good job guys.
It's important to note that that list is based on competitive matches which are mostly mass aoe fests. Nidalee (and all other melee champions) do very poorly in that situation. So just because champions don't show up in Locust's tier 1, doesn't mean they are balanced or don't have broken spells/abilities.

Somafera

02-24-2010

So, according to your personal tier list she is op.

But according to mine she is balanced.

And riot doesn't give a **** about either of us.

So unless they post a simple list of the most used heroes, this is going nowhere, we can speculate all we want.

Mpalm

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somafera View Post
So, according to your personal tier list she is op.

But according to mine she is balanced.

And riot doesn't give a **** about either of us.

So unless they post a simple list of the most used heroes, this is going nowhere, we can speculate all we want.
I talk from experience and the fact that there is a Nidalee in essentially every game along with a TF or two.