T0ggle, stop writing guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rate My Post

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
The system is easily abused by people who don't like a specific person. I'm not trying to defend him or his guides, I'm trying to make a point. I'm trying to make you understand that it's personal opinion and dislike of the person in question that is leading to his threads being locked. Don't you even DARE try to say "Oh, but that's not it. We just disapprove of his guide." **** you. Yeah, that's right. ****. You. That's called forcing your opinion. Just because YOU don't like his guides doesn't mean that you should all get together and auto-lock his thread. He's entitled to his say just as much as you are to yours. Yet you all seem to assume that your opinion is the law of the land. You're all self-righteous, and the sooner you understand that, the sooner we can put this all behind us.

God, I hate society so much.
HALLELUYA!
**** ya, tell em like it is i only wish more people had a brain like you did.

Dazmen

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rate My Post View Post
the rating system is therwe for people to lock OFFENSIVE THREADS

toggles guides aren't offensive you guys keep offending his guide and calling it **** don't you get it you ****ing hypocrite communist *****>

god your ****ing stupid as ****, listen, if you left toggles guide alone none of this woulda happen, be an adult and walk awway, stop trying to get the last word in stop trying to be the KNOW IT ALL ***** *****
and go back to china you ****ing communist.

None of what would have happend? i dont think anyone cares that T0ggle's alts are QQing.

also U MAD?

Xixy

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmen View Post
I havn't told anybody to downvote anypost by anybody. I simply did not like his guides or how he respinded in his guides to people giving feedback, so i downrated. I am sure many people did the same thing. I only downrate posts that deserve to be. And yes it can be abused by a large group of people, but honestly I dont think that is the case. He put out abunch of guides (which the effort is appreciated) and people did not like it, he was hostile towards feedbackl
I'm not saying "you" as in YOU specifically, but rather "you" as in "everyone in the god**** world." And as I said earlier, he is under no obligation to accept feedback. He doesn't have to be nice about it either. That's still no reason to auto-lock his thread. All doing that accomplishes is a massive pat on your own back, because you "sure showed him." It makes me sick to think that people go about their day being completely oblivious to the fact that they're being self-righteous hypocrites. At least make a conscious effort to smarten the **** up.

VespaVictim

02-24-2010

Quote:
The system is easily abused by people who don't like a specific person. I'm not trying to defend him or his guides, I'm trying to make a point. I'm trying to make you understand that it's personal opinion and dislike of the person in question that is leading to his threads being locked. Don't you even DARE try to say "Oh, but that's not it. We just disapprove of his guide." **** you. Yeah, that's right. ****. You. That's called forcing your opinion. Just because YOU don't like his guides doesn't mean that you should all get together and auto-lock his thread. He's entitled to his say just as much as you are to yours. Yet you all seem to assume that your opinion is the law of the land. You're all self-righteous, and the sooner you understand that, the sooner we can put this all behind us.

God, I hate society so much.
I generally don't post, but since all this Toggle nonsense is filling the guide section, and you seem like the most articulate person playing devil's advocate, let me see if I can level with you so we reach a happy medium.

You generally adhere to a Darwinian principle of Survival of the Fittest, so to speak, correct? If new players read a guide that is harmful to their playstyle, it should be their fault for not having extensively tested the build on their own, and they should be the ones to figure out the accuracy (or inaccuracies) the guide contains.

The problem with the downvoting issue comes with the nature of a guide forum in the first place. While idiots should be left out to dry when not going through the proper means of finding things out for themselves, a guide forum is generally designated for being a helpful environment, especially to players specifically unfamiliar with certain characters.

Despite saying you don't want to defend him, the nature of his responses to people originally trying to offer valid criticism, or at least ask questions (See some of the older guides), is not conducive to a forum section strictly based on information.

Your dispute comes with whether you feel the information should be moderated for quality, in an effort to promote everyone writing their guides.

I can agree with your stance that downvoting really is a popularity contest at heart, but the bottom line is posed in a question: Do you feel that if a guide is inaccurate, and the creator has made no effort in at least editing the parts that were not accurate, it should be kept on the board?

If yes, then the guide forums should adopt a sticky policy for better guides, and more moderation should be doled out to this section to ensure quality. Guides will still be posted and newer players will know which guides are trustworthy, but still have to try out information in general.

If no, then despite the fiery slings from both sides of this argument, the downvoting until the thread closes is the most applicable method of dealing with this problem.

Sorry for the wall of text, I also like to play devil's advocate.

BAGELBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

I think someone being a jerk to everyone else in a thread is a COMPLETELY reasonable reason to lock a thread. Also Crithica, you are being rather hypocritical and "self-righteous" yourself, just read your posts and you can see some contradictions. I'm not trying to start anything, but you are yelling at people about things you are doing yourself :\

Dazmen

02-24-2010

Quote:
I'm not saying "you" as in YOU specifically, but rather "you" as in "everyone in the god**** world." And as I said earlier, he is under no obligation to accept feedback. He doesn't have to be nice about it either. That's still no reason to auto-lock his thread. All doing that accomplishes is a massive pat on your own back, because you "sure showed him." It makes me sick to think that people go about their day being completely oblivious to the fact that they're being self-righteous hypocrites. At least make a conscious effort to smarten the **** up.
I think we just disagree on philosphy, I think teh rating system on the guide forums should be used to rate the guides and honestly as i have said i found them sub-par and not helpfull (atleast the ones i have read) I personally wish you could sort the guides by the rating so you can sort out the quality guides better.

While he is not obliged to accept feedback, if his guide is considered lackluster and people try to throw some ideas around to improve it, and he wishes to keep it in the lackluster forum then why couldnt somone downvote it? it isnt being a self rightous ass, it is simply rating the guide.

Xixy

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaVictim View Post
I generally don't post, but since all this Toggle nonsense is filling the guide section, and you seem like the most articulate person playing devil's advocate, let me see if I can level with you so we reach a happy medium.

You generally adhere to a Darwinian principle of Survival of the Fittest, so to speak, correct? If new players read a guide that is harmful to their playstyle, it should be their fault for not having extensively tested the build on their own, and they should be the ones to figure out the accuracy (or inaccuracies) the guide contains.

The problem with the downvoting issue comes with the nature of a guide forum in the first place. While idiots should be left out to dry when not going through the proper means of finding things out for themselves, a guide forum is generally designated for being a helpful environment, especially to players specifically unfamiliar with certain characters.

Despite saying you don't want to defend him, the nature of his responses to people originally trying to offer valid criticism, or at least ask questions (See some of the older guides), is not conducive to a forum section strictly based on information.

Your dispute comes with whether you feel the information should be moderated for quality, in an effort to promote everyone writing their guides.

I can agree with your stance that downvoting really is a popularity contest at heart, but the bottom line is posed in a question: Do you feel that if a guide is inaccurate, and the creator has made no effort in at least editing the parts that were not accurate, it should be kept on the board?

If yes, then the guide forums should adopt a sticky policy for better guides, and more moderation should be doled out to this section to ensure quality. Guides will still be posted and newer players will know which guides are trustworthy, but still have to try out information in general.

If no, then despite the fiery slings from both sides of this argument, the downvoting until the thread closes is the most applicable method of dealing with this problem.

Sorry for the wall of text, I also like to play devil's advocate.
I can accept this. Of course I understand the purpose of downvoting, but the fact that it is so easily abused makes it useless. And yes, newbies should be held responsible for their own learning. Why not? I've been held responsible for mine my entire life. A little nudge in the right direction is fine, and that's why there are several guides for each champion, but nobody is going to hold their hand if they can't separate the bad information from the good. I think Survival of the Fittest is perfect for a situation like this. Although I see and understand where you're coming from, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

Rate My Post

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazmen View Post
i think we just disagree on philosphy, i think teh rating system on the guide forums should be used to rate the guides and honestly as i have said i found them sub-par and not helpfull (atleast the ones i have read) i personally wish you could sort the guides by the rating so you can sort out the quality guides better.

While he is not obliged to accept feedback, if his guide is considered lackluster and people try to throw some ideas around to improve it, and he wishes to keep it in the lackluster forum then why couldnt somone downvote it? It isnt being a self rightous ass, it is simply rating the guide.
**** you communist go back to china, nobody gives a **** what your opinion is, your a hypocritical ***** with no life and all you want to do is your way or the highway, you want a guide locked then you tell ur friends and make new accounts to have it locked, you don't give a **** your a *****, so **** you communist, go back to chna.

BAGELBOT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. You made an account, for a video game, that you don't even play, just so you could make countless useless threads in an online forum, just because people didn't like his guides?

Just checkin.
Yeah, HE'S the one with no life. Got it.

Dazmen

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rate My Post View Post
**** you communist go back to china, nobody gives a **** what your opinion is, your a hypocritical ***** with no life and all you want to do is your way or the highway, you want a guide locked then you tell ur friends and make new accounts to have it locked, you don't give a **** your a *****, so **** you communist, go back to chna.

Basless assumptions, QQ moar and such, you are really getting old wiith your recycled lines, try coming up with somthing new atleast.

Also

LOL U MAD?