Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

T0ggle, stop writing guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asmeret

06-10-2010

Quote:
Anfang:
Whatever you say T0ggle.

Obvious stupidity on both sides.

Thread needs to be closed, it was nothing more than a call out from the start. Should have been thrown in the trash a long time ago.

Takhisis

06-10-2010

Look gentlemen, there are two possible reasons why t0ggle's guides keep getting voted down.

1. There are a few people who honestly don't like toggle and are spamming votes down to his guide.

This premise is flawed, however, by t0ggle himself when he talks about all the people who liked his guides. If they liked them, they would have voted his guides up, and counteracted the actions of a few trolls. So, if this is the reason t0ggles guides are gone, then they were useless in the first place because no one voted them up.

2. The overwhelming majority of LOL players do not think t0ggle's guides should exist.

In this case, the positive reviews t0ggle gets would be significantly outweighed by the negatives. This would also result in the posts getting closed by sheer force of negative criticism. But guess what guys, RIOT is a public company. There is no way that they are going to listen to a few t0ggle supporters in a sea of negative public opinion. That would be terrible corporate policy. They implemented this system, it is unlikely that they would infuriate massive numbers of people to appease a few. So the guides will never come back.

Now, these pieces of logic are obvious and irrefutable. Its one or the other. So pick toggle, either your guides were useless, or THE PEOPLE don't want them. Thats the way this works. There is no reason for threads like this to exist, because we, the majority, do not need to justify our reasoning. We closed your post, therefore your post deserved to be closed. That is the power of the public.

And to those of you who are in the majority, these threads are unnecessary and just give T0gglodites a forum for whining. Its like poking a down syndrome walrus, it just grunts back at you, bares it teeth, and then sulks in a corner. It doesn't suddenly become an enlighted man.

TL,DR: Don't poke the crazies.

Bruce Swain

06-10-2010

Quote:
Takhisis:

But its so much fun -_-.

The Reaver

06-10-2010

Look, his guides are closed and he's banned. We done?

Clan TMG

06-12-2010

Quote:
Takhisis:
Look gentlemen, there are two possible reasons why t0ggle's guides keep getting voted down.

1. There are a few people who honestly don't like toggle and are spamming votes down to his guide.

This premise is flawed, however, by t0ggle himself when he talks about all the people who liked his guides. If they liked them, they would have voted his guides up, and counteracted the actions of a few trolls. So, if this is the reason t0ggles guides are gone, then they were useless in the first place because no one voted them up.

2. The overwhelming majority of LOL players do not think t0ggle's guides should exist.

In this case, the positive reviews t0ggle gets would be significantly outweighed by the negatives. This would also result in the posts getting closed by sheer force of negative criticism. But guess what guys, RIOT is a public company. There is no way that they are going to listen to a few t0ggle supporters in a sea of negative public opinion. That would be terrible corporate policy. They implemented this system, it is unlikely that they would infuriate massive numbers of people to appease a few. So the guides will never come back.

Now, these pieces of logic are obvious and irrefutable. Its one or the other. So pick toggle, either your guides were useless, or THE PEOPLE don't want them. Thats the way this works. There is no reason for threads like this to exist, because we, the majority, do not need to justify our reasoning. We closed your post, therefore your post deserved to be closed. That is the power of the public.

And to those of you who are in the majority, these threads are unnecessary and just give T0gglodites a forum for whining. Its like poking a down syndrome walrus, it just grunts back at you, bares it teeth, and then sulks in a corner. It doesn't suddenly become an enlighted man.

Flawed logic sir

even if I had 500people that liked my single guide, just 1 person could make 500emails and create 500fake accounts, then downvote my guide.

besides, everyone that hates T0ggles guides spreads bad rumors about him getting their friends, and then THEIR friends to downvote guides.

The fact that people in here that used very offensive attacking language didn't get banned, shows a lot with just how much an admin cares.

Clan TMG

06-12-2010

Quote:
Nitrosol:
Let's just close this thread please?

Look, when i first started playing Shaco, T0ggles guide steered me in a somewhat correct direction.
I seen tailored my own build, which, in the end, was nothing like T0ggles.
At least I got some benefit out of the guide.

I was an Avid Zilean player at the time and checked out his guide.
I was saddened.
Abyssal scepter when you're only damaging spell usually hit the target while they were far away?

I proceeded to write my own guide.

I think T0ggle kind of set a standard, albeit a low one, for guides.
He also set the basis for people who adapted builds and didn't blindly follow them (I wasn't a completely noob at the time, i can see a complete noob or someone with barely a clue what shaco is following the guide to the letter) but yes, the like all foundations, they should be built upon.

T0ggle ignored feedback.
Think of toggle guides as a building foundation. When a building company realized the foundation couldn't be built upon (arrogance), they built new foundation that they could build upon at an alternative location.
These older foundations would, logically, be removed.

I can see the point in removed T0ggle guides, but I think it may be a tad harsh as now he CAN'T build upon them, although, judging by the feedback he's given us (and that Alt of his "tk&quot I don't think he'd do it anyway.

I very much agree with you, but T0ggle cannot simply accept ALL feedback on his guides.
many of it is bad trolling, some of it ends up being MAKE YOUR GUIDE WHAT I WANT IT TO BE, those kind of people hate guides simply because it isn't their own guide. then there are some replys in wich T0ggle was misunderstood by the general public. everyone has their own different views on how they percieve comments and words, T0ggle is no exception. You should follow an old saying, it goes "Don't ever judge a person, for not everyone has had the same privilages as you have had"
This goes for anyone, T0ggle trys not to judge everyone, but it became hard after he started dealing with THIS threads ****.

Clan TMG

06-12-2010

Quote:
Zero47:
Yeah, totally inappropriate if you ask me. Sounds like it's more about hating T0ggle than hating his guides. I mean, a guide however bad is still a guide and can have helpfull stuff in it. You can see that T0ggle spent some time writing them, even if they're not up to the community's standards it's bull**** to start some kind of crusade against someone who just wants to help.

T0ggle man, just continue writing guides. There's certainly people out there you're helping but for the love of god don't get all offended and fired up when people are hating.

T0ggles guides can be found here http://www.xfire.com/communities/twistedmetalgaming/forums/196091/
He updates them as much as he can and his best work of arts "after shaco of course" is Kennen and Olaf.
Writing a new Teemo guide when ranked matchs come out, testin out some taric teemo 2v2 stuff with the new items and new buffs teemo recieved.

Clan TMG

06-12-2010

Quote:
makkii:
tell me guys, if hes only trying to "help" why then does he not even have the capacity to debate points thrown back and forth, show WHY his build is viable and i dunno strive to IMPROVE his guides, to him its all just a popularity contest he isnt trying to "help" anyone, if he wanted to help people hed discuss points, not shoot them down; this is a forum after all. seems like i could tell people to jump off a cliff and slap guide on top of my suggestion and youd condone it. we close his threads not solely on the basis that their bad, but on multiple points

1. he spams the whole first page with his ****

2. yes his guides are bad

3. he is impolite and will not prove his guides anywhere and merely shoots down anyone with an opposing viewpoint through flaming

how are you supposed to help people if your trying to feed them potentially flawed information that you will not address because you blindly think YOUR WAY IS THE BEST WAY! ? you cant, guides like that will only prove to teach a player bad habits that will keep them in low brackets.

Quote:
":
Right after I spammed the forum I finaly got the attention of the public and it became known that I was going to talk to everyone and figure out why the hate me and see how I could fix it. As soon as I wrote a thread on it it was downvoted to closed and nbody could reply. So another member wrote a thread about it and it got closed before I could ever discuss it. Its not what IM doing wrong here, the general public is out to silence my every word.
The best thing to do is wait untill the rating system is gone, or wait a year when the admins give me my posting rights back.

The fact is, T0ggle is hated for many reasons, not all because of his attitude, or guides, it is because we are surounded by little ***** children and idiot adults. Im pretty sure that anyone voting to silence T0ggle permenantly would just as soon vote to keep george bush in the oval office as our president. im not saying george did that bad of a job but he sure was ****in stupid.
ok?

Clan TMG

06-12-2010

Quote:
newsca:
It's not that T0ggle's guides are exactly "bad". He just has a bad repute for them by not accepting alternative builds and etc.

Accepting as in REMAKING THE GUIDE editing it, and putting in YOUR idea for a build, because that is the logic that presents itself. its not about ACCEPTING your feedback untill the guide was remade to fit your interests.

People like you disgust me.

Ebonclaw

06-12-2010

Quote:
The Reaver:
Look, his guides are closed and he's banned. We done?

Seriously, who bumped this thread and why are people arguing about it? I haven't seen T0ggle in a month or so, at the least.