T0ggle, stop writing guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RelaxingBrownies

03-07-2010

A council member told a new member the only thing he has to do, is avoid T0ggle guides. GG

Zero47

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megling View Post
A council member told a new member the only thing he has to do, is avoid T0ggle guides. GG
Yeah, totally inappropriate if you ask me. Sounds like it's more about hating T0ggle than hating his guides. I mean, a guide however bad is still a guide and can have helpfull stuff in it. You can see that T0ggle spent some time writing them, even if they're not up to the community's standards it's bull**** to start some kind of crusade against someone who just wants to help.

T0ggle man, just continue writing guides. There's certainly people out there you're helping but for the love of god don't get all offended and fired up when people are hating.

RelaxingBrownies

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero47 View Post
Yeah, totally inappropriate if you ask me. Sounds like it's more about hating T0ggle than hating his guides. I mean, a guide however bad is still a guide and can have helpfull stuff in it. You can see that T0ggle spent some time writing them, even if they're not up to the community's standards it's bull**** to start some kind of crusade against someone who just wants to help.

T0ggle man, just continue writing guides. There's certainly people out there you're helping but for the love of god don't get all offended and fired up when people are hating.
My thoughts that no one wants:

When i was first learning to play one of the first guides I saw was his shaco guide, I clicked because i thought "T0ggle the Clown" sounded funny, Not knowing what was good I looked it over then saw the comments, which were mostly 1 of 3 things: "this is really good", "nice build but...", or "this isn't good". I didn't really like the play style of AP shaco so I can't say if its a good guide or not.

Now having played more, I can say that i disagree with his guids, but don't go out of my way to -1 them, I am against his "I'm right, you're not" attitude in general and think less of him for it. I think he should spend a little more time tinkering with them, and listening to suggestion (+1 to the great Catalyst vs. Meki debate) or at least mention that there are other possibilities.

BEST ADC W0RLD

03-07-2010

I think this T0ggle hate is getting out of hand. True, his guides arn't the best out there, but -1 his first posts is just rude IMHO. If you don't like what you see, just leave. Making it so his guides are minus spammed to oblivion just goes to show that there are more followers than leaders in this forum. It is not cool to hate because the majority is doing it. Driving someone out of the forums is not a cool thing to do for the community in general.

And no, I am not a T0ggle alt.

anainthehizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

people dont just hate toggle because of his guides, its mostly because of the way he acts when people flame/criticize his guides

Draktok

03-07-2010

Heyo, I've read most of the pages of this forum and for one, this forum is a little out of place :P just saying.

Okay so my 2 cents, One, I have not read any of his guides, and I probably never will, but by the amount of raging coming from toggle, I have to assume that people are probably right about his anti-criticism attitude, and that isn't the best quality for a Guide Writer.

Second, I do not agree with anyone saying "Don't like his guides, don't say anything, like his guides, tell him". No one providing constructive criticism won't help him at all if his guides are no good. If 4 people like it and say "Good guide!" and 4 people hate it and don't say anything, his guides aren't going to get better for the other half of the population, which is why we have the down-rating system. Now, his guides will not always appeal to everyone, I'd say 50% is right on, because that should keep his guide on the forum with a 0 rating. If his guides are getting that much negative feedback, I'd like to think that the guide is a little worthless, and there is no hating going on at all. Sure, some of it may be hate, but he always has the right to post a new one, or use a website other than the league of legends board.

I am not intending to bash t0ggle with this post, and anyone who says so is well, silly. :P

Roalr

03-07-2010

Alright, I would like to ask everyone a favor: stop posting in this thread, let it die; I'm pretty sure T0ggle got the message. We're just clogging the Guides & Strategy section. Thank you

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

tell me guys, if hes only trying to "help" why then does he not even have the capacity to debate points thrown back and forth, show WHY his build is viable and i dunno strive to IMPROVE his guides, to him its all just a popularity contest he isnt trying to "help" anyone, if he wanted to help people hed discuss points, not shoot them down; this is a forum after all. seems like i could tell people to jump off a cliff and slap guide on top of my suggestion and youd condone it. we close his threads not solely on the basis that their bad, but on multiple points

1. he spams the whole first page with his ****

2. yes his guides are bad

3. he is impolite and will not prove his guides anywhere and merely shoots down anyone with an opposing viewpoint through flaming

how are you supposed to help people if your trying to feed them potentially flawed information that you will not address because you blindly think YOUR WAY IS THE BEST WAY! ? you cant, guides like that will only prove to teach a player bad habits that will keep them in low brackets.

Zombie Irwin

03-07-2010

bumping for lulz

BEST ADC W0RLD

03-07-2010

TBH, I didn't know anything about T0ggle and his rude behavior. It was just strange to see such an uproar against one person.