T0ggle, stop writing guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ePiMagnets

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmen View Post
Ugh this has been awnsered countless times. There isnt a big group of people who are calling their friends to try to close his guides. A guide is left to be rated, as it should be. The general concensus was that his guides were lacking and he refused to accept feedback to better them and therefor received a negitive rating.

Simple enough no?
And yet a good number of his guides all closed in a single day. Yesterday, which also coincided with this thread and the call for those guides to be closed. I'm not sure about the thoughts of others, but that alone says a lot. It's akin to the forming of a lynch mob, a couple people light the fires and a mob gathers not understanding what exactly they are there for, but go with those in the lead. If anything, it is borderline abuse of the 'self-moderation' system all in an effort to effectively drive T0ggle off of this section of the forums because a handful of people dislike his guides and from the gist of several posts, dislike him as well. That's not closing guides because they were bad, that's closing guides out of spite and bias.

Dazmen

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgarity View Post
And yet a good number of his guides all closed in a single day. Yesterday, which also coincided with this thread and the call for those guides to be closed. I'm not sure about the thoughts of others, but that alone says a lot. It's akin to the forming of a lynch mob, a couple people light the fires and a mob gathers not understanding what exactly they are there for, but go with those in the lead. If anything, it is borderline abuse of the 'self-moderation' system all in an effort to effectively drive T0ggle off of this section of the forums because a handful of people dislike his guides and from the gist of several posts, dislike him as well. That's not closing guides because they were bad, that's closing guides out of spite and bias.
I can only speak for myself, but honestly the guides were not all the good nor was he willing to discuss them. I always assumed his gudies would get closed becuase i downvoted almost all of the ones i read for that reason. I am pretty sure i am not teh only one who felt this way.

I am really tired of this stuff, i probly won't bother to responde to it anymore, i have pointed stuff out afew times and everythign else has been reapeting that point.

Steel Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

I read the whole thread.

lolforumwar, more like forum nap.

halfNakedNinja

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgarity View Post
This is all rather sad.

First off, there isn't a need to go on this mass 'war' against T0ggle and lock multiple guides by him out of spite. That alone is rather childish, I've read a good number of his guides and while they may not be perfect they are a good representation on how he plays. And to be completely honest, there isn't any better way to put a guide together. It should be representative of your play style and be proven successful. Simply because it wasn't successful in your hands doesn't mean it isn't in the hands of another. There isn't a single guide out there that is a 100% definitive -this is how you have to play this champion- that works 100% of the time. For those of you out to destroy T0ggle and his guides, perhaps you all should take a step back and outside of yourselves for a moment and see how childish you are being.

What is the point in closing all of his guides? Hatred? Spite? Vengeance? Are you trying to boycott everything he does in hopes that he won't post another guide? Before you guys go off on that tangent, why not try writing a guide or two yourselves. Realize how many hours it takes to put a well thought out guide together and include pertinent information that works. I'm sure a lot of you couldn't accomplish that, let alone keeping it updated and checking back in on the posts every day to make sure that if something that drastically improves your guide is posted you find a way to edit and include that information.

To be honest, I find it pathetic that you all got a group of people together for the sole purpose of locking his guides and from what I gather making sure any future guide is auto-locked due to some inane feeling of spite you have toward this individual. Maybe if his guides were all thrown together in 2 minutes with a copy paste job and substituting X champion name and abilities with generic build X I could see it. But a few of his guides actually put forth good information that is pertinent and successful. Sad to see it closed for what amounts to little more than just a shred of amusement that you are stepping all over someone.

As for those calling him out for having a problem, I'd be upset too if a handful of people all downrated my guide for the simple fact of knowing that they can close a thread (perhaps wrongly) and in my case, a well written guide with information that more than one person has found to be useful. Pull your heads from the collective asses. There's a difference between mass closing guides thanks to some kind of grudge by downrating guides that offer insight into a particular playstyle for any given champion and closing poorly written and put together guides.
OKAY FIRST OFF! the fact he has over 60 leaves, means that he is bound to leave if he believes he is going to lose, IE: bad sportsmanship.
second off he flames anyone trying to give him input on his guides, meaning he doesnt take constructive criticism.
the third thing is he has proven he is incompetent many a times, this guy is getting all of his guides closed because a group of people believe that they suck, isnt that the point of being able to rate them??

hvywpnsguy

02-25-2010

funny thread

/bump

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

poor toggle. I found his guides amusing. They aren't horrible, and may help some players to get a feel for a champ. Like any guide, it focuses on how to play a champ a certain way. There are other ways to play the champ of course, many could be better, or worst depending on the player and the meta. There are a lot of people that post things here that are far more useless, and at least he is trying to add to the community despite the quality you deem his work. It is not like Riot is paying him to do this and it's just a public forum. No harm, no foul.
funny thread nonetheless, but poor toggle and his 1 beligerent fan.

Alarik33

02-25-2010

save the hate for ingame pls

ThatSaulSheWrote

02-25-2010

Okay, this whole thing is just crazy. I can understand trying to protect the forums from awful content, but this is using the rating system to attack someone and I think its just terrible... Were his guides that great, imo no... However, rather than downrate them I simply didn't read them... problem solved. This whole "crucify TOggle" campaign that has been going has convinced me the rating system is just a bad idea and needs to be removed. If you guys dont like his content, ignore it, dont instant lock it out of spite.

T0ggle

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfNakedNinja View Post
OKAY FIRST OFF! the fact he has over 60 leaves, means that he is bound to leave if he believes he is going to lose, IE: bad sportsmanship.
second off he flames anyone trying to give him input on his guides, meaning he doesnt take constructive criticism.
the third thing is he has proven he is incompetent many a times, this guy is getting all of his guides closed because a group of people believe that they suck, isnt that the point of being able to rate them??
do you even know me? know you don;t, i had 60leaves from bad internet wich was fixed when i got the money to switch over to at&t this only shows that you judge me without knowing the real reason behind things.
second off I flame people because i coudn't give a **** less about what they have to say to improve my guides. i made my guides because people asked me how i played my champions nothing more nothing less. have you ever been asked over 50times how to play shaco no because you don't get scores like I do.

here are some answeres because this has gone out long enough
qoute
"No one hates him. He just doesnt write useful guides and is not helping anybody. Thats why people tell him to stop. Not more and not less."
heres a conversation thats one of many that I have from people telling me my guides are usefull.
Maether (9:21): oh i just wanted to give you a thumps up on your mord guide but the time i saw it it had been closed =/ but i've been using the dps half and its been working really great =)
and i wanted to get your take on getting the phage part of the triforce before finishing the bloodthurster
T0ggle (9:22): u can still see my mord guide
its not like
gone
you just have to click show spam
or w/e
and it will pop up on everything
you can see the full guide
Maether (9:23): no but its closed
T0ggle (9:23): also do me a favor
support@riotgames.com
closed means you can't post on the guide
anyhow
email support@riotgames.com
tell the admins
to unclose my guides
these kids made new accounts constantly
just to keep me undercontrol
its like
brats
that want their way
I get BT first because
its good lifesteal
especialy with trinity force after
go check my profile
for my wins and stats with morde
hes my third main as of today
I slaughtered so much with him im gonna put him at a top played list
Maether (9:25): i saw lol i was just having some trouble keeping on top of people before i got the phage
T0ggle (9:25): ya
when your building the BT
its tough cause
that BF sword
costs nearly 2k in gold
Maether (9:25): yeah
T0ggle (9:25): so you just kinda have to hold ur own
and get killsteals
but once you've got the BT
before trinity
its over
Maether (9:26): hmm
T0ggle (9:26): GG
I took another morde and a jax both same level as me
and raped them both fast
using my carry build
my team thought I was godlike
Maether (9:26): cuz i've been getting the visage boots then the vamp and then i start jungling and pop out and rape people
T0ggle (9:27): ya thats nice
If my guide gets unlocked
Maether (9:27): when i got the triforce and the bloodthrister i could take on 3 people at once with my ult
T0ggle (9:27): i'll see about posting this videos i made
I used fraps beta and it parently only recorded 20minutes each or something
buts its enough in parts
to see a full game
Maether (9:28): nice
T0ggle (9:28): were I went 12/5
i was gonna add it but before i could
it was closed
Maether (9:28): the spirit visage was a stroke of genius though makes you so op early game
T0ggle (9:28): ya
before i got that
I was ****ing getting owned
Maether (9:29): yeah i was kinda like this guy is ok...
T0ggle (9:29): it looked like zilean was doing a better job
at tanking
Maether (9:29): then i read your guide and was like... hmm that could work
then i went 16/3/14 in my frist game with your item build
(9:31): didnt realize how op maxing creeping death was lol i was making siphon and mace my first couple games
maxing*
T0ggle (9:32): ya really
I get talked down to about ****ing siphon
Maether (9:32): i saw
T0ggle (9:33): Im glad you at least tryd my guide

ok now on to more qoutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq69 View Post
Its impressive how irrelevant your response was to mine aside from "saying a majority dislike you" (which by the way, i meant that the majority of people WHO dislike you) All you did was disprove something i didn't really even mean and throw out the rest. And for ME to stop acting like a child? Please, i gave valid arguments in a passive and unaggresive way. And by the way, calling me a child is highly hypocritical considering you are attention whoring with the "I'm going to start a war!!!!!" Also, even if people ask you for a guide, its pointless to put that as the opening sentence to basically every single one of your guides, it just gives a first impression that you are way too proud. If you reply to this, PLEASE address my points rather than rambling on about other things. thanks
proud of what? proud of what!
Your acting like a child by giving me ****, every time you talk about people hating me they have no **** reason to hate me, why would anyone hate me, many people thank me for my guides, i get msgs from people saying they have been following my guides for months since they started playing LOL, that it was because of me they bought champions and got addicted to this game.
If it weren't for them I wouldn't be here talking to you, I wouldn't be defending my guides, The whole reason I don't take advice from the community is because i couldn't give a **** less what you think of my guides, my guides are FINE the way they are. they kickass better then any improvement you'd give me.
People keep telling me to change my ideal on shaco to AD to improve the scores of noobs yet noobs whove played ad that try my guide get twice better KDR scores.
Noobs that try my guides actualy end up playing better then they do with any other guide out there.

So you want a valid arguement then i'll give you one, its the same one ive been pitching since the closing my of guides started, if its me that kept some people from leaving LOL, if its my guides that got people hooked on this game, if its me thats changed the scores of noobs to pros if its my guides thats helping the majority of players play this game better why would you be here to talk **** to me?
huh? got anything to say to that? are you seriously here to down the progress of players and noobs to this game by closing my threads, is that what you want?
most people that read my guides say they are easy, every detailed, come with a table of contents and is smaller then most guides.
most guides don't come with a table of contents, and basicly all of them are just walls of txt, some of them don't even sound professional just childish words put together when all the reader wants to do is see your build and reasons for why you chose such things for that build.

IF you believe that my guides should be halted then you are only fooling yourself, im not being proud, elitist, ego, nothing, im just fighting for the majority of players that keep telling me to KEEP on writing guides. and if you have a problem with that your the one being to "proud" to admit the fact that there are players out there who benifit from my guides.

now more qoutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonEarny View Post
Okay, this whole thing is just crazy. I can understand trying to protect the forums from awful content, but this is using the rating system to attack someone and I think its just terrible... Were his guides that great, imo no... However, rather than downrate them I simply didn't read them... problem solved. This whole "crucify TOggle" campaign that has been going has convinced me the rating system is just a bad idea and needs to be removed. If you guys dont like his content, ignore it, dont instant lock it out of spite.
This is a good point, same as one of many that were made, they keep telling me im elitist, bad guide writer, ego, proud etc yet they aren't mature enough to not post on my guide.
Don't post on my guide and I wouldn't post **** back, problem solved? yes.

Please just read the wall of txt, seriously come up with a smart answer to counter what I said when I said "If it weren't for the good feedback ingame asking me to continue writing guides, I would not be here fighting for my guide"

What i've knoticed is that the only people that hate my guides visit the forums regulary, everyday, anyone thats used my guides wich has been over thousands doesn't read the forums all the time. they read it once to see the guides.

DeanKeaton259

02-25-2010

@T0ggle, if you're so serious about making good quality guides, then why don't you just make guides on another website? The forums are very limited as far as making good quality guides. You can't add pictures or change the layout or do much of anything else for that matter- besides adding text only.

Here's one of my latest guides: http://*******.com/ygc5qhx

It's evidence of what you can do if you use a website with real options to make your guides.