T0ggle, stop writing guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xixy

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazmen View Post
Basless assumptions, QQ moar and such, you are really getting old wiith your recycled lines, try coming up with somthing new atleast.

Also

LOL U MAD?
You're better off just ignoring him. He's like a child who didn't get his way.

Rate My Post

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
lol you mad is what kids say, its teenager slang like qq, crymore and raging.
hes better off never being allowd to post on the forums again, his opinion is communism piece of ****.

VespaVictim

02-24-2010

Quote:
I can accept this. Of course I understand the purpose of downvoting, but the fact that it is so easily abused makes it useless. And yes, newbies should be held responsible for their own learning. Why not? I've been held responsible for mine my entire life. A little nudge in the right direction is fine, and that's why there are several guides for each champion, but nobody is going to hold their hand if they can't separate the bad information from the good. I think Survival of the Fittest is perfect for a situation like this. Although I see and understand where you're coming from, I'm inclined to disagree with you.
As is your right to disagree, I can also see your point in the downvoting or upvoting system being tainted with bias, and personally, while I like keeping up with the guide forum, I feel the best builds are made with an understanding of WHEN items work and WHY they work, not specific stone tablets descended from the heavens with the ten commandments listed, "Thou shalt not use Philosopher's Stone. Thou shalt not buy a vampiric scepter as a first-buy item." etc. etc.

I happen to like Survival of the Fittest in most practical applications.

Our differing opinions come from what we think a guide forum should be. You seem to feel that it would best operate as something of a F.A.Q, with bits and pieces for playstyle and useful items, but nothing concrete enough to take someone through from start to finish.

I happen to feel that the best guides I read are both humorous (See: condon's guides) and informative as to the specific playstyle of that character, and as such, advocate for more indepth guides on the forums.

Either way, we're splitting hairs, and only more moderation, or a revamped guide system will solve the problem without there being bias in any specific way.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-24-2010

Honestly...this whole "forum war" is a drag. Especially since there's now posting in the new Mord thread...I don't even care if it stays in this one topic...but honestly, KEEP out of other threads unless you have something constructive to say please....

I don't want to be reading about other Morde players' experiences and suddenly read some posts praising T0ggle's god or something....I honestly could care less -.-

Dazmen

02-24-2010

Quote:
Yeah i stopped putting any thought into most of my posts on ths T0ggle situation awhile ago, you were the only person making a valid arguement. BUT alas I am bored so I figured why not.

Rate My Post

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roalr View Post
It has come to my attention that you made a guide about Mordekaiser, the day he was released. So in this thread I will teach how to write a guide well:

Play the champion more than 2 games before writing a guide about him/her. Oh and if your imaginary friends are bringing to your attention that they want guides about champions you only played once, please write them a guide on the imaginary forum.
hey dumbass he got more then 7 games done with mordekaiser, he won a good 5.
****ing suck it dumbass talking **** and you don't even know **** ****ing moron communist. I bet your a brat in real life that gets anything you want cause your daddy owns land and tons of money.
****ing learn that the world doesn't revolve around you jackass.

Dazmen

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaVictim View Post
As is your right to disagree, I can also see your point in the downvoting or upvoting system being tainted with bias, and personally, while I like keeping up with the guide forum, I feel the best builds are made with an understanding of WHEN items work and WHY they work, not specific stone tablets descended from the heavens with the ten commandments listed, "Thou shalt not use Philosopher's Stone. Thou shalt not buy a vampiric scepter as a first-buy item." etc. etc.

Our differing opinions come from what we think a guide forum should be. You seem to feel that it would best operate as something of a F.A.Q, with bits and pieces for playstyle and useful items, but nothing concrete enough to take someone through from start to finish.

I happen to feel that the best guides I read are both humorous (See: condon's guides) and informative as to the specific playstyle of that character, and as such, advocate for more indepth guides on the forums.

Either way, we're splitting hairs, and only more moderation, or a revamped guide system will solve the problem without there being bias in any specific way.

This is essentially what i wished to say the whole time. /upvote

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

well this was fun to read for the 1st few pages but now its getting old

toggle just responds w/ the same profanity

he's obviously not going to admit defeat on the internet. we can just keep downrating his guides when he inevitable comes out w/ another bad one

the only guides new players need are the ones on leaguecraft.com

the ones here have inaccurate ratings and so many are outdated.

Xixy

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaVictim View Post
As is your right to disagree, I can also see your point in the downvoting or upvoting system being tainted with bias, and personally, while I like keeping up with the guide forum, I feel the best builds are made with an understanding of WHEN items work and WHY the work, not specific stone tablets decended from the heavens with the ten commandments listed, "Thou shalt not use Philosopher's Stone. Thou shalt not buy a vampiric scepter as a first-buy item." etc. etc.

See, this I can agree with. The problem, however, is that as long as people have the ability to reason there will always be bias in any system that allows it. Which sadly means that these people will continue to reinforce their necessity for superiority and things will continue until the point where the only way to fix it is to strip people of their opinions on the matter. OK, maybe that's a bit of a hyperbole, but the idea is the same. It's why the system needs to be removed or, as you said, completely revamped to remove opinion from the equation.

VespaVictim

02-24-2010

Quote:
See, this I can agree with. The problem, however, is that as long as people have the ability to reason there will always be bias in any system that allows it. Which sadly means that these people will continue to reinforce their necessity for superiority and things will continue until the point where the only way to fix it is to strip people of their opinions on the matter. OK, maybe that's a bit of a hyperbole, but the idea is the same. It's why the system needs to be removed or, as you said, completely revamped to remove opinion from the equation.
Without sounding too cryptic, the quest for the truth can often be misguided. In the search of the one "right" whatever it was that people were looking for, many wars have been fought and inaccuracies spouted.

It's a symptom of human nature in general, and a desire to be enlightened, even at the cost of other's attempts at the same.

You sound like a cool person, feel free to add me in game. I think we would do well on the same team (I'm only level 21, so making my way there)