New Jungle masteries for Shy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayote

11-15-2011

what are they? I'm running a Shy Jungle and I've noticed it's a little more scary now then it was before the change so I'm wondering if I've got the wrong masteries.

I've tried a 20/1/9 build going into Sunder in Offensive, Imp Smite in defensive, and Runic Affinity in Utility and that seemed to work on the same level as the old.

I've also tried a 13/1/16 build putting 1 point in vamp in O, imp smite in D, and 4 points in Awareness in U. This was a more dangerous build with lower health in the jungle but I was getting the most gold for my time as well as near solo lane exp.

So I was wondering which mastery set was better.

Malcolm Sprye

11-16-2011

I think I ran her 21/9/0 (Bladed Armor). I think I used smite + surge. Didn't feel particularly scary. Of course, I don't have the best record, so counter jungling wasn't too much of a factor. Maybe she's more susceptible to disruption?

ViashinoWizard

11-16-2011

I'd suggest 12/9/9 or 21/9/0. Bladed Armor is a big boost to your clear time and jungle health. Go 9 into utility for increased buff duration (important for Shy since her ganks rely on having red), or if you really want the increased damage (and maybe the double penetration) you can skip utility and go heavily into offense. Shyvana I think can't really afford to take Surge while jungling because it leaves her without a defensive summoner and a second gap-closer is very valuable to her.

Kayote

11-16-2011

21/9/0 holy **** that's a nice build. Thanks ViashioWizard, fast jungle clear and high health.