T0ggle, stop writing guides

1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roalr

Senior Member

02-24-2010

It has come to my attention that you made a guide about Mordekaiser, the day he was released. So in this thread I will teach how to write a guide well:

Play the champion more than 2 games before writing a guide about him/her. Oh and if your imaginary friends are bringing to your attention that they want guides about champions you only played once, please write them a guide on the imaginary forum.

-----------------------------------------

To those saying there's a test realm, I know that.

T0ggle:

You claim your guides teach players how to play champions well. However, you suggest items that either have bad synergy with the champion or have bad synergy between themselves. ex: You suggested Atma's Impaler on Nasus with no other health item in the build.

You refuse alternate builds to champions, for example in your Shaco guide, you have completly ignored the Physical Shaco, claiming that Shaco should only be played as AP. However, both types of Shaco have shown to be viable. You are thus misinforming people who read your guides, if you ignore a viable build for a hero, you are reducing its versatility in a way. If you really wanted players to play the hero well, you could at least say that the other Shaco build is viable, and not completely denigrate it. I'm not saying you should post 2 builds for every champion in every guide, but refusing to admit that the other one is viable FOR NO REASON is ridiculous. You also claimed that AP Shaco is more oriented at killing 2-3 people while physical Shaco was focused on killing only 1 person at a time. Now I don't know for you, but except Shaco's ult, you have no AoE and your spells are still designed to kill single targets, whether you go AP or Physical. You mentioned that your JitBs were what allowed to kill 2-3 players at a time, however this very rarely happens, unless you are playing vs completely new players.

You also do not take into consideration the feedback other players give you about your guides. Instead you either call them noobs, tell them they haven't tried the build or that if they played against you, they would realize how powerful the build is. ex: On your Nasus guide, a lot of players told you that Sheen is a great item on Nasus, and you said that sheen wasn't needed because you could farm up your SS enough to not need it. You also mentioned that Sheen doesn't work with SS.

If you ignore the general consensus that a certain item should be included in a build for a certain champion, then your guide is not meant to be read by players who want to play the champion well, but by players who want to play the champion the way you play him. Now it is true that some people write guides that do not include certain items considered "mandatory" for a hero, but they explain why they do not chose to include said item in their build. Also, by saying that they do not include the item in their build, they at least let the reader know that the item is usually seen on the champion. However, when you give a reason to not include an item in your build, it usually falls short of logic. Again, I could refer to the Nasus with no Sheen example.

You reply in a manner that is less than friendly to people who ask you questions or offer you feedback. For example, in one of your guides, a player asked you to play with him so he can see how you play the hero, to which you reply that you do not play with noobs. Or when people offer you suggestions, you completely ignore it, claiming that your build is the best, that the person is a noob, or that they haven't tried the build, etc.

Why do you always start your guides by saying that: "it has come to [your] attention that [your] friends want to know how to play a certain champion well.

Or, sometimes, you start with something more amusing for us readers who know who you are: "People have asked me how to counter Mordekaiser after seeing how OP I am with him".

So I think your guides should remain closed until you can accept feedback. By feedback I don't mean: "Yay you are great T0ggle, I love your guides! Please make more and put links to your other guides in every one of your guides because I want to read them all!" But more something along the lines of: "Have you considered X item?" To which you won't reply: "X item sucks, only noobs buy it, it's useless". When you can do that, I will personally up vote your guide.

PS: I'm sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, English isn't my forte.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-24-2010

+1
bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamui07

Member

02-24-2010

There is a test realm you know this right ? >.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squee Goblin Nabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui07 View Post
There is a test realm you know this right ? >.>
/thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim Moniker

Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui07 View Post
There is a test realm you know this right ? >.>
Have you read it? T0ggle obviously hasn't been playing that character, or any character for that matter, extensively enough to write a guide.

He played Mordekaiser twice, got hopped up on Oreos and Kool-Aid, and proceeded to regurgitate his usual incomprehensible word-vomit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hvywpnsguy

Senior Member

02-24-2010

T0ggle should really stop writing guides. Most of his guides are total garbage and the ones that are worth mentioning are just really basic builds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tk666death

Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roalr View Post
It has come to my attention that you made a guide about Mordekaiser, the day he was released. So in this thread I will teach how to write a guide well:

Play the champion more than 2 games before writing a guide about him/her. Oh and if your imaginary friends are bringing to your attention that they want guides about champions you only played once, please write them a guide on the imaginary forum.


hey f uck you b itch T0ggle is my best friend i have know him for 6 years we went to high school together and hes the best player in the game to my knowlegde and we played close beta together and i play with him in seven premade games while his was the new champion so suck that fu cker


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osmodius

Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk666death View Post
hey f uck you b itch T0ggle is my best friend i have know him for 6 years we went to high school together and hes the best player in the game to my knowlegde and we played close beta together and i play with him in seven premade games while his was the new champion so suck that fu cker
Oooh look at me I can bypass the filter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hvywpnsguy

Senior Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk666death View Post
hey f uck you b itch T0ggle is my best friend i have know him for 6 years we went to high school together and hes the best player in the game to my knowlegde and we played close beta together and i play with him in seven premade games while his was the new champion so suck that fu cker
you forgot to mention that you like to lick his pee pee place


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tk666death

Member

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Moniker View Post
Have you read it? T0ggle obviously hasn't been playing that character, or any character for that matter, extensively enough to write a guide.

He played Mordekaiser twice, got hopped up on Oreos and Kool-Aid, and proceeded to regurgitate his usual incomprehensible word-vomit.
hey f uck you b itch T0ggle is my best friend i have know him for 6 years we went to high school together and hes the best player in the game to my knowlegde and we played close beta together and i play with him in seven premade games while his was the new champion so suck that fu cker


1234511 ... 38