Pantheon Help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Old Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Well recently I have been doing horrible as Pantheon, I used to pull off 2 deaths a game very easily, and I would always be positive, but lately maybe this past week I have been getting all negative games. It is really start to bug the **** out of me and I need some help maybe to adjust my game play.
The runes I have are:
Quint: Armor pen
Red: Attack Speed
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Cool down
I'm using Ignite and Exhaust, going to run a 21/9/0.
Okay back on topic, I'm sucking lately. I'm thinking that I moved up in ELO, and I really need help, can anyone give me some tips? Like which items to buy, and the style I should be playing. Thanks for reading, have a nice day.

p.s. it might not make sense im really tired and too lazy to check everything
inb4 lrn2play save your trolling i dont care

KhaoticImp

02-24-2010

It is extremely important to have a laning partner that will help you net early kills. Pantheon really suffers if hes restricted to farming just minions until the team fights start. Without any escape options I bring flash and exhaust as they are great for getting and escaping first blood. Also it may be 'cheap' but exhaust works with Grand Sky Fall i.e. as soon as the circle appears over your target(s) you can use exhaust to keep them there. In higher end ELOs you will want to hang back in team fights until the major CDs have been used. Annies Stun/Tibbers, Ryzes Ult, etc. then pick a target and rip it apart. I like to hide just behind my tank especially if hes a big bigger then normal (cho gath, alistar) to use my heart seeker on the group.

The Old Knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticImp View Post
It is extremely important to have a laning partner that will help you net early kills. Pantheon really suffers if hes restricted to farming just minions until the team fights start. Without any escape options I bring flash and exhaust as they are great for getting and escaping first blood. Also it may be 'cheap' but exhaust works with Grand Sky Fall i.e. as soon as the circle appears over your target(s) you can use exhaust to keep them there. In higher end ELOs you will want to hang back in team fights until the major CDs have been used. Annies Stun/Tibbers, Ryzes Ult, etc. then pick a target and rip it apart. I like to hide just behind my tank especially if hes a big bigger then normal (cho gath, alistar) to use my heart seeker on the group.
I do use that ult/exhaust trick, and thanks for the info.

Lyrondak

02-24-2010

You should use Armor Penetration for your red runes. Pantheon isn't an autoattack hero and relies much more on his damage skills rather than attack speed.

I would probably get Flash + Exhaust instead of Ignite. Ignite's decent if you want to get first blood but Flash is more useful because you can use it offensively/defensively and also you can use it to reposition your Grand Skyfall. Once the ring pops up, you can use summoner abilities Flash/Exhaust to keep your target within the center of the circle.

Item Order:
Doran's Shield + HP pot OR Vampiric Scepter (depending on enemy team makeup - do not get Vampiric Scepter if enemy team has 3+ ranged/harasser)
Boots
B.F. Sword
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster #2
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver

The main thing here is that you want to get that B.F. sword as soon as possible. It will make your heartseeker strike kill an entire wave of creeps with 1 cast, which means easy farming.

Skill Order:
QWEQQR, then max R, Q, E, W

You want to harass as much as possible with Spear Shot at lvl 1 with it's short cooldown and low mana cost. Preferably lane with someone with a stun/knockback/slow. Once you hit lvl 2, if the enemy is ~50% HP, you should get first blood with an Aegis stun + Exhaust.

You should constantly be looking out for people who are alone or have low HP to gank. Attack them with a spear shot, then Aegis and immediately heartseeker, then finish them off with spear shots.

In group fights, you really need to pay attention to your positioning. You have 1 shot at heartseeker strike that can make or break the battle. Position yourself and hit as many enemies as possible with heartseeker strike.

Try not to fountain until lvl 6. Then you can easily come back with Grand Skyfall. If an enemy is pushing your tower, position the center of your Grand Skyfall slightly behind your enemy. By doing this, you place them in the most unfavorable position. They have to choose between running towards your tower or run into the center of your Grand Skyfall. Use Flash or Exhaust if necessary to land on their head. Then once you land immediately Aegis + Heartseeker, Spear Shot, Exhaust, etc.

Hope this helps!

The Old Knight

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrondak View Post
You should use Armor Penetration for your red runes. Pantheon isn't an autoattack hero and relies much more on his damage skills rather than attack speed.

I would probably get Flash + Exhaust instead of Ignite. Ignite's decent if you want to get first blood but Flash is more useful because you can use it offensively/defensively and also you can use it to reposition your Grand Skyfall. Once the ring pops up, you can use summoner abilities Flash/Exhaust to keep your target within the center of the circle.

Item Order:
Doran's Shield + HP pot OR Vampiric Scepter (depending on enemy team makeup - do not get Vampiric Scepter if enemy team has 3+ ranged/harasser)
Boots
B.F. Sword
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster #2
Infinity Edge
Black Cleaver

The main thing here is that you want to get that B.F. sword as soon as possible. It will make your heartseeker strike kill an entire wave of creeps with 1 cast, which means easy farming.

Skill Order:
QWEQQR, then max R, Q, E, W

You want to harass as much as possible with Spear Shot at lvl 1 with it's short cooldown and low mana cost. Preferably lane with someone with a stun/knockback/slow. Once you hit lvl 2, if the enemy is ~50% HP, you should get first blood with an Aegis stun + Exhaust.

You should constantly be looking out for people who are alone or have low HP to gank. Attack them with a spear shot, then Aegis and immediately heartseeker, then finish them off with spear shots.

In group fights, you really need to pay attention to your positioning. You have 1 shot at heartseeker strike that can make or break the battle. Position yourself and hit as many enemies as possible with heartseeker strike.

Try not to fountain until lvl 6. Then you can easily come back with Grand Skyfall. If an enemy is pushing your tower, position the center of your Grand Skyfall slightly behind your enemy. By doing this, you place them in the most unfavorable position. They have to choose between running towards your tower or run into the center of your Grand Skyfall. Use Flash or Exhaust if necessary to land on their head. Then once you land immediately Aegis + Heartseeker, Spear Shot, Exhaust, etc.

Hope this helps!
Thanks buddy, I talked to a few friends and they said this item build would be good:
Long Sword
Long Sword
Brutalizer
BF sword
Bloodthirster
Bf sword
Infinity
then a health item for survivability if the game lasts. I will try the items out, thanks.

bad element

02-24-2010

i take rally/flash, start with longsword and heal pot

my runes are armorpen red, attackspd yellow, and cdr/attackspeed blue, quint is 2 armorpen and 1 movespeed. i usually do a strange 25offense/5utility or 26/4 for my masteries, but i dont expect people to follow me on that one

skill order is 1 pt spear (for last hitting), 1 pt jump, at level 5 i have 3 pts in heartseaker and finish that first. I level the remaining jump and speartoss evenly. Heartseaker is the breadmaker. if they have a hero like yeti or someone who needs skills interrupted then level your jump faster to get the better cd. although i use spear toss constantly to harass or last hit, i find levelling it before you get a couple DMG items is kinda pointless.

unless i end up staying in my lane long enough to get bf sword first, i usually opt to get madred and start to kill auracreeps, blue first (always blue for ult) at level 4 or 5. you want blue by thetime youre 6 for your first skyfall and the cdr for it

always kill little creep before first wave (you should be to ur lane right around the first creep death and not lose xp) xp>grassganking imo. if its wolves pop ur hp, if golem go rally. golem gets you lvl 2.

my focus midgame is controlling the rune creeps and dragon... popping ult to come to team for fights or ganks or finishing off towers.

my items are usually
longsword=madred
boots of mobility
whisperer (can also go to whisperer early if youre laning for a while... im always in a conflict about whether to get bf sword or whisper... basically if htings are going slowly as far as team fights and ganks ill go with bf sword)
second bf sword or change first to cleaver
instead of upgrading madreds ill usually sell the claw if im going to need a 6th top level item.

i stay away from bloodthirsters and occult swords because i have a tendancy to make dumb mistakes and i rage when i die and get weaker, often times i will have cleaver, whisperer, and a regular bfsword in addition to my mobility and madred when the game is over.

if you get bored pop a red and green potion and skyfall bd

THATS JUST ME THO

TGF Keun

Friend of Urf

03-08-2010

Hold up so question.

I have used exhaust during Pantheon's ult and it was beautiful, but how does the flash work? If they are moving lets say towards the southside of your ring and you position your cursor to the south and use flash would your circle move towards the southside? Because if that is the case then lol 1000 damage ownage instantly right?

Or is my interpretation of flash during the ult completely wrong and it is something else?

Also has anyone ever tried building Pantheon to cater to the other team? As in if they had more casters or dps then you would get at least one item other than your boots that gave you armor or magic restistance? Or does he just scale poorly in that department that it wouldn't be as useful as getting another dps item?

Also since Pantheon's battle order is like a burst, would attack speed be even needed with him? I mean you got your spear which is hella awesome, but you got your stun and your heartseeker strike as the initiate.

I have played with him 7 times so far with 3 wins and 4 losses, and those are just some questions I have with him. I just wish his cooldowns weren't so long for two of his main skills. LOl at Brutalizer, I find myself getting that every game. His ult is the shiznit btw.

Aestartes

03-09-2010

You target them and then as your circle apears you proceed to use exhaust and then que up your aegis, when you land you will leap to wherever they are and stun, then Heartseaker and collect your gold.