Anyone else notice that when picking last...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sefy98

04-12-2011

Whenever I pick last or 2nd from last on my team I usually end up winning. When I'm captain/first 3 picks i end up having a tough win or losing. I think its b/c I fill the role required rather than just picking a champ. also the other team doesn't pick a laner that owns me.

zee ko0sh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

you're being carried

sefy98

04-12-2011

hahahaha I usually have most of the kills on my team, and I always play my role.

Cotilin

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefy98 View Post
Whenever I pick last or 2nd from last on my team I usually end up winning. When I'm captain/first 3 picks i end up having a tough win or losing. I think its b/c I fill the role required rather than just picking a champ. also the other team doesn't pick a laner that owns me.
If you are picking last or close to last, it means you are lower ELO than the rest of your team. You might not be getting carried in these games, but you probably win more because you aren't required to carry the team.

sefy98

04-12-2011

ah okay so when i'm 1st and 2nd pick i should just go with a carry. I've been going with jungle or tank...

Rapezor

04-12-2011

In my experience, to win games in solo que you NEED to pick a champion you can carry with(i.e. some champion you personally have very strong lane dominance with and continue to be useful throughout the game). Unless, you are duo queuing and your duo partner picks a strong carry, then perhaps a support or tank will be a viable pick to complement your team... For example, have you ever tried to lane against a pantheon and janna? good f****** luck. Quite honestly, in most scenarios, I find it impossible to trust other summoners to successfully fill the carry role, so I try to take it. I think it is much more likely that a random pug can successfully tank than carry.

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2011

I always win more when first pick, since I decide what to ban, and I can then pick Shen, Malp, Amu etc. because I don't ban every single tank.

sefy98

04-13-2011

I don't like picking the ban, but I played a ranked last night and picked jarv (the best ad carry champ I play with) i ended up going around 16/12 and being main tank. Closest game i've ever played in, only because we had a feeding blitz...

Call Mee Maybee

04-14-2011

Yep gotta pick a carry first.. you cannot trust scrubs to carry... Its ok if the tank runs around like a moron (like at least 1 person on your team will inevitably do) but if the carry is doing that you are going to lose.

sefy98

04-14-2011

yeah I went 3-3 last night always picking carry if I'm in the first 2 slots... Kind of frustrating being stuck. I was playing a new champ for half the games, so my win/loss should improve.