Swain, does he suck or is it just me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoullessCorpse

04-27-2011

I have checked all the guides, played him around 10 times, but I cannot seem to figure out what I am suppose to do with this guy. Just end up getting trolled out of games saying he sucks. What am I doing wrong??

puzzletrocity

04-27-2011

Swain is good. I think you should practice more. You have to make sure u get the snare off. And if u get enough items it's really hard to kill him.

gom99

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessCorpse View Post
I have checked all the guides, played him around 10 times, but I cannot seem to figure out what I am suppose to do with this guy. Just end up getting trolled out of games saying he sucks. What am I doing wrong??
I haven't played him, but to answer your question. It's just you, he's a really strong champ, that can be hard to kill. Sorry I can't answer you in more detail, but he's quite strong when played correctly.

You probably want to go a bit tankier than you're probably doing. Swain needs to get close to deal his damage, so you probably want things like ROA, Rylai, Abyssal, etc.

frenzykio

04-27-2011

Hes ok early game, but really shines late game when he can almost continually keep his ult on during teamfights and can 1v1 most champs. i dont play him that much but he can pretty much tank late game. build tear

Stiler

04-27-2011

With swain you need to build him tanky ap with the mindset of getting into the "thick" of fights with your ult/snare.

I generally go for Archangels, Rod of Ages, and then crystal scepter as the core, really builds well for late game, good high HP, lot sof mana for your Archangel and the slow from secpter to help you in team fights.

Magick Wizard

04-27-2011

Its just you....

Here's the guide that worked best for me:

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...-general.xhtml

Ellye

04-27-2011

Swain has a very strong effect on team fights, with a powerful AoE snare and a great slow. He isn't as burst-y like most mages, instead being more about sustained damage over time together with pretty decent utility and survivability.

For me, Rylai's is a core item for him. Rod of Ages, Archangel Staff and Abyssal Scepter are also great on him.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

If you can't land your Snare, your effectiveness with Swain will drop dramatically. It really is that important to him for fights. As others have said, you should build him tanky. He's designed to wade into the battle with his ultimate, and his other spells have an initially short casting range.

Strongshocker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-27-2011

On a separate note, if you are having trouble landing your snare you can lead with your bird first to slow them down and make the snare easier. Also, ignite is the bane of your existence.

Kikhan

04-27-2011

more specifcally anitheal is the bane of your existence. You must build HP and mana pools into your build rushing RoA most effectively does this early into mid game. To counter antiheal you should get Spiritvisage and/or WotA. If they only have an ignite or two you can get away with one. If they have Kat, Trist, MF or any other antiheal Champ I may be forgetting then you should very likely get both.