+Suggestion+ How to fix the effect Leavers have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverbel

04-28-2011

Finishing a game, to NEXUS DESTRUCTION, with less than 5 players on your team

ie. NO SURRENDER at any time

should yield a bonus.

EDIT: That's nexus destruction for EITHER team. If 4v5 can pull together a win, all the more for them. But if 4v5 and the 5 has bad players and surrenders, the bonus goes away (the 4 are getting win-level rewards anyway)

My opinion.
Thumbs up.

Xenophobed

04-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbel View Post
Finishing a game, to NEXUS DESTRUCTION, with less than 5 players on your team

ie. NO SURRENDER at any time

should yield a bonus.

EDIT: That's nexus destruction for EITHER team. If 4v5 can pull together a win, all the more for them. But if 4v5 and the 5 has bad players and surrenders, the bonus goes away (the 4 are getting win-level rewards anyway)

My opinion.
Thumbs up.
note the bonus hasn't even been decided yet
just that your getting a bonus if you have 1 or more leavers
it could be 20 bonus ip or 40 -shrugs- riot never pays attention to suggestions anyways.

Notice the champion suggestion forum?

15 solid pages of countless suggested champions, Not one of them even used or much less have a interesting riot comment on

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggamemnon View Post
Maybe +40-+50 IP / Exp per leaver , to the side with the leaver(s)

This could just be abused in some situations.I've been in plenty of games where people have won 4v5.

The only real solution is to offer the remaining players some sort of exp bonus ingame, or a damage reduction bonus to compensate losing a player. (maybe a smaller death timer)

In fact the best thing would be to have the side with more players get a 10 second penalty on the death timers, so when the outnumbered team do score a kill they can push better, or recover lanes easier.
Agreed...

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-30-2011

Xenophoebed. I approve of this idea.

Xenophobed

05-02-2011

Thanks, Double posting is bad for the soul though =3

Tahleron

05-03-2011

can't really give ip bonuses in a game thats free, would just encourage people to bot leave, and then u end up with essentially the same ip as a win when u lose, and there's really no better way to lose fast than being outnumbered.

Xenophobed

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahleron View Post
can't really give ip bonuses in a game thats free, would just encourage people to bot leave, and then u end up with essentially the same ip as a win when u lose, and there's really no better way to lose fast than being outnumbered.
Dude are you serious

SERIOUSLY?

I covered how eveything you just said in that statement would not be a problem in the first post...

I'm not even going to correct you.. I'm just going to edit this post later with a couple of quotes and then maybe you should LEARN TO READ SOMETHING BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON IT.

Honestly.. -brb-

Why it wont be abused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophobed View Post
In order for this to be abused you need 2 people to work together atleast. One with a dummy account. Also one would have to leave the game over and over just to give the 2nd maybe a extra 30-40 ip. WHICH doesnt even come close to what you get for winning.

So basiclly the reasons why this wouldnt be done is.

1. Someone would have to constantly devote their time to leaving a game JUST for a tiny bonus that isnt even near what you would get if you won

2. The person who is getting the extra ip which again is hardly anything has to deal with loseing and forced to be in matches that are loseing for 15-20 minutes a piece if not longer

3. Pretty much you get 150 if you win lets say in ip , EVEN with 1 bonus youd only get 100ish. Why? How often do you win a match when ur side has a leaver?

This wont be abused simply because it is FAR more effective to just win and abuseing this would just be a pure pain in the arse when it still isnt even worth abuseing for such a small bonus PLUS stacking up Losses really ruins ur E-Peen.

Why the ip bonus isn't unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophobed View Post
Maybe +40-+50 IP / Exp per leaver , to the side with the leaver(s) (Or whatever number riot decides on)
It is a VERY MINOR BONUS and i detail that throughout the post, AND THE NUMBERS AREN'T IMPORTANT ITS THE CONCEPT OF THE IDEA. Actual numbers can be decided by riot or others later.

If 40-50 is to much i clearly state let riot sort that out, let them put the bonus they see fit. even if its just a minor 10 or 20

Which is still A LOT LESS than you get if you would win

So now please don't bother commenting on my thread intill you can learn to read and sink in the entire first post.

If you want to make someone's idea look bad, do it on another thread or learn to read this one first.

Now good day.

-Owned- =)

-Edit-

I've though about a %increase scaleing better but in the end if someone has a ip boost rather than 20 a leaver
theyd be getting about 50 a leaver, a flat increase is the most reasonable approach

Highlord Jeebus

05-03-2011

Well I find there are a number of issues with your solution. I don't personally see how offering someone a bonus amount of IP/XP would be a fair trade for time wasted in a game with leavers. I don't play the game to just acquire runes/champions, I do it in my spare time to have fun and not waste 30-40 minutes or more of my life. Joy I get a bonus...but my experience was not improved, I can just add to my 30+ champion list...Yay!

And so we're clear, people can make bots to log into multiple accounts and whatnot with little trouble. This happened in WoW, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Runescape, and likely many others. These bots would farm resources, perform tasks, auto leave/lose games, and a slew of things. So really, a person could see it as a technical challenge to be approached and solved for no better reason then sheer boredom. (or maybe selling accounts with free champions, level 30s, whatever. there is always a market, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not).

I did enjoy your use of capital letters to attempt to accentuate your points, though it isn't cruise control for cool mate.

And to end my amusement, you say that Riot doesn't answer suggestions, hence the large number of champions who remain unused. Well, doesn't this just add a new level of redundancy to this entire thread? If your opinions/suggestions mean nothing, then why would you express them here in the first place, and then on top of it, deem to call them "flawless"?

Xenophobed

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlord Jeebus View Post
Well I find there are a number of issues with your solution. I don't personally see how offering someone a bonus amount of IP/XP would be a fair trade for time wasted in a game with leavers. I don't play the game to just acquire runes/champions, I do it in my spare time to have fun and not waste 30-40 minutes or more of my life. Joy I get a bonus...but my experience was not improved, I can just add to my 30+ champion list...Yay!

And so we're clear, people can make bots to log into multiple accounts and whatnot with little trouble. This happened in WoW, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Runescape, and likely many others. These bots would farm resources, perform tasks, auto leave/lose games, and a slew of things. So really, a person could see it as a technical challenge to be approached and solved for no better reason then sheer boredom. (or maybe selling accounts with free champions, level 30s, whatever. there is always a market, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not).

I did enjoy your use of capital letters to attempt to accentuate your points, though it isn't cruise control for cool mate.

And to end my amusement, you say that Riot doesn't answer suggestions, hence the large number of champions who remain unused. Well, doesn't this just add a new level of redundancy to this entire thread? If your opinions/suggestions mean nothing, then why would you express them here in the first place, and then on top of it, deem to call them "flawless"?
You caught me on one of my raging days lol =) Im sure the staff gets around to whatever they wish. I do clearly state how the abusing could be avoided..

Honestly Would you go into a game, make 1-2 bots , use multiple computers, waste time of your life. Just to get perhaps 25ish ip more. each game. which is baby cakes.

Its just a tiny im sorry you were with a leaver , here you go

its to small to abuse
its to large to be upset over
its small enuff to be under the rate of wining but buff the rate of losing

Riot can decide the pity patter details im not god here

this is basis for an idea and for people to throw their idea fairys into my idea gumbo

Highlord Jeebus

05-03-2011

Haha I'm waiting for LoL to redownload so I'm mildly bored. :P

Though to be honest you wouldn't need multiple computers, there are more then likely ways to multilog on the same computer, heck you can even just change users.

I could go for some good gumbo...mmm spicy!

Though constructively hmmm...It's hard to please everyone, some want to just do a new game, others bonus IP or somesuch "compensation". One of the best I've found is to also play with as many of your own friends as you can and not random queue, cause the chance of them leaving is substantially less.

I guess I'd agree with your solution though, it offers a small bit of compensation for a large and complicated issue and is a good middle step in solving it.

So i'll /Sign it.