Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

+Suggestion+ How to fix the effect Leavers have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenophobed

04-21-2011

Quote:
Grunram:
I think a better solution coupled with the OP's solution is in unranked games, the leaver then becomes a bot, and there is already a very sophisticated AI for the bots, just programme it to check what the lane makeups are and enter the lane that the leaver left, the programme it to track where the teammates are for team fights and ganks.
Bit idealistic but it could work for unranked games, for ranked disable it though so the bot doesnt feed and be even worse than a leaver.

Clearly you did not read before posts

Quote:
Xenophobed:
A ai will NEVER have the skill of a human. EVEN if a AI could be as skillfull as a human they will never jungle or gank or use strategy.

They also can not speak to the team sence their a computer, They run on their own solo path and do their own thing. They are a player set on a certain path with limitations and never use team work or call mia. All they do is feed.

No such thing as a AI that can replace a player for this reason and also it would takes 100s of hours to program atleast ONE champion to be anywhere near decent and cost ooudles of money.

This is why this suggestion which has been suggested for YEARS, has not been implemented.

To further press the matter is senceless, think about what you suggest before you follow the crowd that suggests bots are good.

This is exactly why we will never have bots... This is just a copy / paste from a thread i started to send a message to those who suggest the same thing without really thinking about it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Cuddlepaws:
a minor suggestion on top of this suggestion:

since we mostly queue up to start a match, why not impose a penalty on leave repeaters for leaving that often... something along the lines of 2-5s (per left game) additional penalty time before the (leaver) player gets into the actual queue (it's a given that penalty also resets if player cancels the countdown)... that way, the leavers get less priority (sort of) in the matchmaking than regular players and others will be discouraged from making the leave...

e.g. someone with 15 leaves will have to wait 75s penalty before he can queue up for a match...

of course, we all have our share of unintentional dc/leaves due to unforseen circumstances like power and net outages, pc failure, mom nagging, etc... and these would eventually accumulate to a fair amount so there should probably be a monthly or bimonthly clearing of said queue penalty from accidental leaves...

*my first post here, go easy on me*

also, i still can't fully agree to the first suggestion as it still seems to be abusable (e.g. organized teams would take advantage to boost their buddies by leaving at the last minute to suffer a leave but give extra exp/ip to their teammates)

Well your suggestion is conflicting in itself.

You say to solve the problem of innocents it would refresh a amount of leaves every month. However this would be abused by the leaves who leave on purpose.. Example..

Purpose: "Haha i leave on purpose and better yet i get leaves forgiven even though im evil"
Accident: "Ah thanks i never ment to leave"

The on purpose leavers would abuse this.

ALSO
If the monthly cleanup was removed then it would just be plain cruel.

Purpose: "Meh im stuck with leaves, oh well im a evil person idc"
Accident: "WTF!!! i have bad internet and now they make it EVEN WORSE on me when i never even ment to leave on purpose? WTF I QUIT"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As well as the first post can NOT be abused, why? I stated how in a previous post.

Quote:
Xenophobed:
In order for this to be abused you need 2 people to work together atleast. One with a dummy account. Also one would have to leave the game over and over just to give the 2nd maybe a extra 30-40 ip. WHICH doesnt even come close to what you get for winning.

So basiclly the reasons why this wouldnt be done is.

1. Someone would have to constantly devote their time to leaving a game JUST for a tiny bonus that isnt even near what you would get if you won

2. The person who is getting the extra ip which again is hardly anything has to deal with loseing and forced to be in matches that are loseing for 15-20 minutes a piece if not longer

3. Pretty much you get 150 if you win lets say in ip , EVEN with 1 bonus youd only get 100ish. Why? How often do you win a match when ur side has a leaver?

This wont be abused simply because it is FAR more effective to just win and abuseing this would just be a pure pain in the arse when it still isnt even worth abuseing for such a small bonus PLUS stacking up Losses really ruins ur E-Peen.

Mmajong

04-21-2011

/Signed

Vernaferous

04-22-2011

I hope riot actually looks at this.

Just got out of a 48 minute painful leaver game... Went to the forums to see if anyone had the same idea as me. Although i had only intended to post 10 ip/xp per leaver.

Either way im with you and i think some sort of compensation needs to be done. Nothing better than starting a game with 2 non connected people on the same team, being totally destroyed and looking like a loser on ur history, jsut to recieve a nice whopping 38 ip for a quick and timely defeat. If riot would implement this i would have enough ip for lee sin, jarvan, trundle, and my runes for all of them...thats how many **** leaver games i have sat thru....

/signed

Xenophobed

04-23-2011

Thanks and cudos. Both added to the first post

TheLoveHammer

04-24-2011

/signed great idea

Lukam

04-26-2011

/signed

... brilliant

SumAussieCobber

04-27-2011

I got a simple way but dont know if you guys can do it.. Bring another player in que (with the champ that leaves they must have the same champ) and put them with same as lvl of champs meaning if your team is lvl 13 and 15 make them 13 and give them some of the core build for that champ or gold base of the amount already given..?

Xenophobed

04-27-2011

that my friend is called gold and exp hacking

go away lol

to get gp or exp you need to EARN it

Pandemonious

04-27-2011

/signed

Xenophobed

04-28-2011

/signed

Don't see why i can't sign my own post, Lol =p