Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

+Suggestion+ How to fix the effect Leavers have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenophobed

04-13-2011

Quote:
cptflint:
why not just have the player be computer controlled? of course this would take some time to get the right programing to run the different champions but as long as the champion is in the battles using abilities and being a meat shield I wouldn't mind people leaving so much.

Because a ai will NEVER have the skill of a human. EVEN if a AI could be as skillfull as a human they will never jungle or gank or use strategy.

They also can not speak to the team sence their a computer, They run on their own solo path and do their own thing. They are a player set on a certain path with limitations and never use team work or call mia. All they do is feed.

No such thing as a AI that can replace a player for this reason and also it would takes 100s of hours to program atleast ONE champion to be anywhere near decent and cost ooudles of money.

This is why this suggestion which has been suggested for YEARS, has not been implemented.

Wasatobi

04-13-2011

Hey bots own me sometimes... If im really stupid at what i do haha, what you said about the bots is to true and about your idea

/Signed

Hope riot adds this small tiny bonus to compensate for leavers

chiefh2o

04-14-2011

this could and therefore would be abused. instead of bonus for team with leavers just improve on the deterrence of leavers.

i dont like the idea of abusive systems that will likely increase the number of leavers.

Xenophobed

04-14-2011

Quote:
chiefh2o:
this could and therefore would be abused. instead of bonus for team with leavers just improve on the deterrence of leavers.

i dont like the idea of abusive systems that will likely increase the number of leavers.

This can not be abused. Sure it can but the abusers will get their account banned in 2-3 days for so many leaves lol. So good riddance to the leavers

Macuahuitl

04-15-2011

Leavers should be put in their own queue. If your leave ratio is visible, you can't queue with players having a clean record.

This would be fair to eveyrone, and very educational to leavers.

SpeechlessWords

04-15-2011

Hey I think we could give something like a buff but didnt really help the team as much...
(Like a team passive when its 3v2-4v5 or less)
A TeamPassive when theirs a leaver can help the team and someways or one way the benefits as...
(a 3v3-5v5 soon on.)

Suggestions of Passive: ~~~ Bonus...Awareness(See the Areas of Darkness) ~/~ Bonus...Armor( Kinda like Pantheon sheild but it block half dmg of one normal attack)

New Suggestion... Make the leaver char become a bot like in AL V 5 and uses the items he has then
its folos the rest of then recommanded build and also folos pings!

wtfitsnotbutter

04-15-2011

Quote:
Xenophobed:
Yes i have talked about this with others and they said the same thing. Though we figured this would be far more difficult to make happen, and generally be similar to using a hack. After all would you fight someone when you know each of your enemies is even 10% stronger than you.

This would add way to many extra mechanics and opness. Though the way your suggestion would be done is simply a Perma-Buff . Like a Baron buff except forever. Though punishing the other players when they did nothing wrong with death timers is unfair.

As well as i said the 40-50 wouldn't stack the same. The 2nd leaver being 20-25 , 3rd being, 10-12.5 bonus. This is not a set figure and of course the real numbers would be riot's choice, As well as there is no way this could be exploited and if people wish to exploit it they'll simply be banned by the leaver buster system.

well what if you won you didnt get the extra ip/xp
(didnt check second page internet failing)

chiefh2o

04-15-2011

Quote:
Xenophobed:
This can not be abused. Sure it can but the abusers will get their account banned in 2-3 days for so many leaves lol. So good riddance to the leavers

because they can logic dictates they would. and abusers wouldnt likely get banned because the system in place is what 100 leaves = a ban and nothing otherwise? unless they change the penalty setup this idea is useless.

another thing big whoop if a newly made free account is banned? i havent seen anything that puts much checks into new account control aside from perhaps an email account and ive got like 50 of those. i made an account and immediately started playing.

Xenophobed

04-16-2011

Quote:
chiefh2o:
because they can logic dictates they would. and abusers wouldnt likely get banned because the system in place is what 100 leaves = a ban and nothing otherwise? unless they change the penalty setup this idea is useless.

another thing big whoop if a newly made free account is banned? i havent seen anything that puts much checks into new account control aside from perhaps an email account and ive got like 50 of those. i made an account and immediately started playing.

In order for this to be abused you need 2 people to work together atleast. One with a dummy account. Also one would have to leave the game over and over just to give the 2nd maybe a extra 30-40 ip. WHICH doesnt even come close to what you get for winning.

So basiclly the reasons why this wouldnt be done is.

1. Someone would have to constantly devote their time to leaving a game JUST for a tiny bonus that isnt even near what you would get if you won

2. The person who is getting the extra ip which again is hardly anything has to deal with loseing and forced to be in matches that are loseing for 15-20 minutes a piece if not longer

3. Pretty much you get 150 if you win lets say in ip , EVEN with 1 bonus youd only get 100ish. Why? How often do you win a match when ur side has a leaver?

This wont be abused simply because it is FAR more effective to just win and abuseing this would just be a pure pain in the arse when it still isnt even worth abuseing for such a small bonus PLUS stacking up Losses really ruins ur E-Peen.

Xenophobed

04-16-2011

Quote:
SpeechlessWords:
Make the leaver char become a bot like in AL V 5 and uses the items he has then
its folos the rest of then recommanded build and also folos pings!

A ai will NEVER have the skill of a human. EVEN if a AI could be as skillfull as a human they will never jungle or gank or use strategy.

They also can not speak to the team sence their a computer, They run on their own solo path and do their own thing. They are a player set on a certain path with limitations and never use team work or call mia. All they do is feed.

No such thing as a AI that can replace a player for this reason and also it would takes 100s of hours to program atleast ONE champion to be anywhere near decent and cost ooudles of money.

This is why this suggestion which has been suggested for YEARS, has not been implemented.

To further press the matter is senceless, think about what you suggest before you follow the crowd that suggests bots are good.

This is exactly why we will never have bots... This is just a copy / paste from a thread i started to send a message to those who suggest the same thing without really thinking about it