Will Sheen/Trinity Force nerfs affect Blitz builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

02-24-2010

Blitz is my most-played champ, and of my three builds Sheen and TF are at the core of all of them. I'm not enough of a number cruncher to know how these changes will affect him. How bad is it?

Quote:
  • Sheen spellcast effect reduced to 80% of base damage from 100%
  • Trinity Force Slow reduced to 35% from 50%
  • Trinity Force's spellcast effect reduced to 130% of base damage from 150%

Born Slippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Trinity Force was the only thing keeping Blitz viable, these nerfs are quite significant, expect to be queue dodged near to the level of Heimerdinger.

Stoneglacier

02-24-2010

The slow is a bigger deal than the damage.

With sheen/tri, it is based on base damage, which tends to be around 80-100 depending on level and champ.

A 20% reduction is only 20 damage, which is hardly enough to be Q dodged.

Not sure why they didn't nerf Lichbane the same way. +100% AP to damage is HUGE for some characters and is one of the reasons that TF rapes people when he gets fed.

IrishDoom

02-24-2010

So has anyone played Blitz since the patch? Did these nerfs really hurt him, or are they minor?

SmecssRaege

02-25-2010

considering blitz isnt really about the damage....im willing to bet these changes are but a minor inconvenience to him still hooking someone into your team for a free kill.

IrishDoom

02-25-2010

True, but you could often lay the hurt on people, too with sheen/trinity procs and such.

Maggeus

02-25-2010

You still greatly hurt, but to a lesser degree than before.
It's just that you don't overkill anyone now, just enough for a kill. :]

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishDoom View Post
So has anyone played Blitz since the patch? Did these nerfs really hurt him, or are they minor?
My Rocket Punch Blitz build doesn't rely on Sheen (heresy, I know) so it was totally unaffected.

OTOH, standard Blitz builds rush triforce, so of course they'll all be affected early game. After sheen turns into triforce they should be less affected.

Wildcolt

02-25-2010

TF is still an amazing item. The nerf didn't take it far enough in my opinion. It still makes straight up night and day differences when compared with equally expensive items.

Ninja Cyborg

02-25-2010

Blitz should not be made to get kills, but to set them up. You're better off getting support items than items like sheen in premades. And in solo queue, blitz is bad.