Tanklesticks: Fears none, yet fears ALL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prisonal

02-24-2010

This is my most played fiddle build. My first thoughts when I saw it were probably the same as yours.

Why the hell would you go tank fiddle over ap?
Here's why:

1. His ap ratios are ****ing terrible.
2. He gets focused a lot. (Esp when ulting)
3. After blowing your CD's, you can drain through teamfights while taking relatively little damage.
4. Better escapability due to larget health pool and BViel which aren't usually seen on ap sticks.
5. You can take hits from turrets, enabling you to tower dive huggers with your ult and safely flash out after they are dead. TANKLESTICKS LAUGHS AT PUNY TURRET.

Secondly, what does fiddlesticks bring to the table as a tank?
- He rivals blitz in CC capabilities
- He does pretty good damage output even without ap (his ult has highest base dmg in game)
- Most teams will choose to focus him, making him tanky makes this process extremely annoying for the other team.
- Even if the team chooses not to focus you, you still will shine in any team fight.

Runes:

-Red: Spell Pen, spell pen, spell pen. It's easily the most beneficial stat to fiddle's damage because of his ratios as mentioned above
-Yellow: Health per level or Health. Whichever floats your boat, I prefer h/l because I usually always build for end game where fiddle is most powerful.
-Blue: Cooldowns per level. Your ult is pretty much your main damage output as tanklesticks, you want it up as fast as possible

Spells:

-Flash, no questions, it's a must on any Fiddle build
-Exhaust is great for keeping a second person inside your ult, also imp exhaust makes his ult even sexier
-Tele is a second option if you aren't favorable to exhaust
-Cleanse isn't a bad choice either but it's not to my taste

Items:

1. I usually start out with a Mana gem to build into Catalyst. If their team is physical dps heavy I usually get Doran's Shield. Haunting guise isn't a bad choice, but it will make it hard to get a banshee's by lvl 6 which is usually my goal.
2. Merc Treads are my preferred choice for boots as it does wonders with your ult. Boots of Swiftness aren't a bad choice either (cause fiddle moves fast right)
3. Banshee's Viel. It's almost required for this build in order to get the most effectiveness out of your ult, and it's very annoying to have against caster teams
4. At this point it comes down to what team you are up against. My goal as Tanklesticks is to get as much damage mitigation as possible so either Armor/Magic Resist so I'll split the builds into 3 trees: facing damage teams, ap teams, mix/tank heavy teams.

Facing Damage Teams:
-Frozen Heart should be your next step after banshee's. Cooldowns and a great passive coupled with 100 armor. Great item.
- Levi is a great choice if you think you'll be able to get the kills to build up some stacks.
-Thorn mail is usually my next pick if I'm facing phys carries like Yi/Twitch/Trist, it is a great counter if they try focusing you down
- I usually finish off with some items to help my or my team's damage. This can vary from Spirit Shroud to Aegis, to Abyssal Scepter.

Facing AP teams:
-Abyssal Scepter is my choice after banshee's. Good magic resist and it also helps your damage output
-Spirit Visage. It's good not because of the magic resist but because of the healing bonus. The healing bonus makes your drain put you to full health in little time. Against an ap team which might not have healing mitigation, this is a great choice to help you sustain yourself better with drain.
-You need cooldowns now. So the choice is whether to get Spirit Shroud or Nashor's tooth. Spirit shroud will help you with your health pool, Nashor's will help your damage output. The choice is yours.
-Last item should be Force of Nature. As stated, it's unlikely that an AP heavy team will have a lot of healing reduction if any. Lots of magic resist with some hp regen to help you in between drains as well.

Mix Teams: This is the most common comp you'll face likely
-Frozen heart. You have banshee's to counter the casters on the other team for now. Frozen heart will help with those pesky melee champs
-Spit shroud. Almost max cooldown reduction now with some health added in.

(Now your choice is to either health stack against this team (which could work against you) or to stack mitigation. I'm favorable to mitigation because health stacking is much easier to counter than armor/mr.)

-Guardian angel. Good mitigation stats and is super annoying against teams which want to focus you. Get rezzed, drain to full health, win. That is if your team hasn't already abbandoned you
-Your next two items are up in the air as to what you want. I usually go for Abyssal Scepter but some added in health is great too.

Abilities:

LVL 1 - DW
LVL 2 - Drain
LVL 3 - Fear
LVL 4 - Fear
LVL 5 - DW
LVL 6 - CS
LVL 7 - Drain
LVL 8 - DW
LVL 9 - Fear
LVL 10 - Fear
LVL 11 - CS
LVL 12 - DW
LVL 13 - Drain
LVL 14 - DW
LVL 15 - DW
LVL 16 - CS
LVL 17 - Fear
LVL 18 - Drain

Laning: Use dark wind on the caster creeps early game to farm, if it bounces on champs that's great but harassing shouldn't be your priority early game. You should be farming

If a melee champ is silly enough to waltz into your creeps trying to farm some kills, use drain on him until he runs away or his partner and he try to focus you. Other than that, only drain when on low health.

In a lane, ult from the bushes and DO NOT use flash to close the range because that lets the otehr champs simply flash out and you jsut wasted your ult. Ult behind the champs in yoru lane, blocking their exits. Fear anyone with escape mechanics, silence anyone with CC. If you are sure they aren't getting out of your ult, drain them to finish them off.

Late game you won't be putting out as much damage as you did early game so save your fear and drain for defensive situations and team fights. Continue to harass people with dark wind throughout the entirety of the game.

Enjoy!

Mastery Links:

*******http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8357/tanklesticks.jpg********

*******http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3456/tanklesticks2.jpg********

huggers

02-24-2010

Quote:
5. You can take hits from turrets, enabling you to tower dive huggers with your ult and safely flash out after they are dead. TANKLESTICKS LAUGHS AT PUNY TURRET.
Thanks for mentioning me.

IceDive

02-24-2010

I have little to no experience with fiddle, so don't know if this would be viable, but i really like the originality of this build

Empyron

02-24-2010

I saw a tank fiddlesticks earlier this week and thankfully he was on my team. He totally raped everyone's face.

ph0nGus

02-24-2010

what masteries are you using with this build?

Prisonal

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by p***Gus View Post
what masteries are you using with this build?
Oops forgot to add masteries, I'll add in screen shots of my two mastery builds I use.

Prisonal

02-24-2010

Updated with screenshots of masteries.

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Well I enjoyed reading for the most part, though I hate your skill build. I play fiddle quite often and have over 100 games with him, I'm not top tier, but I rarely see any fiddle player that can contend.

My 'usual' skill build is:
Drain > Wind > Drain/Wind > Wind/Drain > Fear > Storm

Skill build on fiddle is 100% about who you are laning against and how aggressive they are. If you are playing against highly aggressive enemies, ie they are in drain range often, i go for more drain first, i have even done 3 ranks of drain by the time im lvl 6. If they are playing more defensively I level Dark Wind more since its amazing at harassing. After level 6 I have tended to focus on Dark Wind, its great damage and silencing an entire team in team fights.

Summoner Spells: I usually run flash/smite or flash/rally. Lately I haven't used rally much, more switched to smite since rally is only good with offensive mastery tree, and I like the utility tree instead. Trick here, lvl 1 golem is a go.

As for item build, I also do a tanky fiddle.

Start with boots or sapphire crystal, I have only lately been trying starting with boots.
Next either Sorc boots / merc treads - or catalyst. Depends on how your doing on the lane.
After having upgraded boots + catalyst, Rod of Ages next.
After this if Im getting a lot kills go Mejai's, if I am too squishy to the opponents I go another RoA (or frozen heart for physical teams, maybe banshee's veil if I get CC'd all too often).

This is basically the core to being tanky fiddle. From here it depends on the enemies or whatever you want to do. Common Items I use are: Rylai's (more hp, dark wind now aoe slow/silence), Frozen Heart (physical team), Banshee's Veil (CC team), Guardian Angel (just to piss of the opponents that already can't kill you), Abyssal Scepter (more damage), lots of options really!

C0heed

02-24-2010

Not a bad guide... but I really think it needs a rod of ages.

Most of your fights are going to be team fights and rod of ages gives you health, mana and AP... which is huge in fights. You can save the damage mitigation items for later, because damage mitigation isn't any good if your opponents have Magic resist and you don't have an AP / magic Pen...

Reidan

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonsex View Post
1. His ap ratios are ****ing terrible.
lol