AD or AP?

Attack damage all teh way 64 60.38%
Ability power to the people 42 39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Blitzcrank; Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Hm...I always think of Blitz as a hybrid of dps, tank, and caster (A small nuke)

Goth Skunk

04-21-2011

The idea of AP Blitz swaps out Manamune for Archangel's Staff and Triforce with a Lich Bane. The AP earned from Archangel's plus Lich Bane means a minimum extra 200 damage off the next autoattack following an ability.

In theory, hitting someone with a Power Fist with a 200 AP Lich bane proc would hurt like hell.
2x Base Damage (from Power Fist) + 100% of AP.

Additionally, popping static shield would hurt more too, turning Blitzcrank into something of a walking bomb.

AP Blitz, in my opinion, is more of a single-target burst with a strong AOE nuke.

In summary,
AP Blitzcrank = Archangel's + Lich Bane
AD Blitzcrank = Manamune + Triforce

Both cost around the same amount of money.

I personally would never build Blitzcrank AP. I'm too fond of the sustained damage an AD build provides. Manamune + triforce all the way.

aRchiBole

04-21-2011

Cooldown reduction is more important, get sheen though some tanky gear and try and reach that cap.

Villiroth

04-21-2011

I play tanky AD, rather close to the recommended build tbh.

Build Triforce and manamune then whatever defensive items based on team comp. Once you finish your Triforce and manamune and your overdrive is lvl3+ you can BD towers like you were a fed Yi.

Nothings better then dipping out from defending your #1 mid and BDing two side towers as Blitz, but prepared to be called OP/cheap/cheater/hacker/noob(especially when you leave from guarding a tower).

Yellow Jester

04-21-2011

I usually go Manamune +Sheen, Glacial shroud, Ghostblade, Atma's, Triforce (game rarely goes this long). Mana blitz is the best blitz because people think they can kill you.