AD or AP?

Attack damage all teh way 64 60.38%
Ability power to the people 42 39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Blitzcrank; Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treantreznor

04-12-2011

Pure AD or AP? Neither!

My usual core build?
Manamune, Triforce, Banshees Veil and Ghost Shroud (built into F.Heart), and +3 boots, then whatever item I deem necessary.

Bumbah

04-12-2011

Focus on CDR and Mana - ap/ad isn't really the issue

TheOnlyJaces

04-12-2011

Going full AP give you amazing AD anyways with Manamune. At end game with almost 3k mp , pop clarity before you get to low , and BAMMM huge shield ftw.

Redenbacher

04-12-2011

Eh? If you're getting Manamune, you didn't go full AP...

AP makes you a 2-shot, one-trick pony with a long cooldown. Annie does it better, in my opinion.

I think both builds have their purpose, but I much prefer AD for the sustained damage. I can pop all of my cooldowns, and still continue to put out high sustained damage with E and W. W is an amazing steroid, you're completely wasting it if you go AP.

Either way, an AD Blitzcrank doesn't mean you're building like Tryndamere. No one is saying OMG RUSH IE PD BT!!! Manamune, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Sheen -> Triforce. Tons of survivability, plenty of sustained damage output. You remain a threat after your 2-pump chump nuke is done.

Blitzcrank is one of the few champions where the recommended build is actually good.

Lycos

04-12-2011

Holy wow it's close >.< was kinda hoping for a pretty clear answer.

For thosse who say build him tank, I'm definately not saying build him PURE ap or ad, just which way you should lean towards. I don't think you'll need to buy 6 tank items in any game without any sort of damage item.

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

I always built him:
Manamune->Sheen->Glacial->BV->Triforce.

You do a fair bit of damage and have a huge manashield.

Kvo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

C) Tanky DPS.

Manamune / Trinity Force, Frozen Heart, Banshees... gg?

Osprey13

04-12-2011

Question though, what runes/masteries? And what boots?

I've been going 9/0/21 with my ap runes while gettting manamune and sheen->Tri then tanky items.
Not with any real purpose, I just kinda picked it that way. Should I be aiming for tankier early stats, or maybe armor pen instead of Mpen and CDR?

Redenbacher

04-12-2011

I use 0/9/21 to make more use of all that mana you've got as some health regeneration. The extra armor/mr helps your mana shield a smidge.

I definitely think some earlier tanky stats are important. I usually don't finish manamune until after Glacial Shroud and/or Catalyst are purchased. Then I see what I need next. If surviving is difficult, I'll finish Veil next or FH next, depending on the bulk of the damage I'm taking. If I'm not too worried about tanking, I'll go straight for finishing Manamune/Sheen, and even Triforce.

TheOmnipotentone

04-12-2011

Simple answer, Neither, Blitz is great for support tanking. You don't need damage on him and AP would be interesting to see but I doubt it would get you very far. Instead focus on maxing his armor and magic resist, throw in a sheen and with your double damage spell you're doing 3-4 times your AD to a target anyway, so no need for AD.

When is comes to AP I haven't a clue never seen a blitz go that way doubt I ever will... Just as a question what would AP do... I would imagine he would have little health, little armor, little MR and only his grab and ult would do a slightly more damage, honestly seems like that wouldn't be worth it. But hey if someone goes AP blitz hit me up curious to see his stats and your build.