AD or AP?

Attack damage all teh way 64 60.38%
Ability power to the people 42 39.62%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Blitzcrank; Ap or Ad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycos

04-11-2011

There are good arguments for both.

For Ap, you get mana easier, have a powerful ultimate, and strong rocket grabs, using fist for stunnage for your team and overdrive for running when need be. Your passive would probably be stronger with an ap build.

For Ad, you're using rocket grab for initiating more than damage, and your fists do most of your damage. Overdrive atk speed increase is usefull, and your ult is used more for utility in the silence than a ton of damage. You might have a stronger shield since you'll be a bit more reliant on attacks, and since the shield is current mana it might be pretty big.

I haven't played blitzcrank, but I'm thinking I might, and in doing research I've had mixed findings. Thoughts?

GreyQuijote

04-11-2011

Tank BLitz FTW

hes really good at disrupting the enemy team, and later into the game, u can morph ur build into a tanky/AP build, as there are more defensive/ap items (Abyssal, Frozen Heart, RoA etc)

at least thats what i do when i play him :P

ZOMGTURTLE

04-11-2011

I'm a big fan of AD Blitz. In the best of games, I'm a virtually unstoppable force, running over 500 speed with Trinity Force/Overdrive/Boots+3 (I've even had one game where I also got to build a PD, it was gross), lots of physical damage and good control (Powerfisting a squishy for half their health is awesome). In the worst of games, I only build Manamune for AD, then build tanky, to try and stay alive long enough for my teammates to do work. Honestly, I find by playing aggressively that I'm consistently targeted first. You land a couple decent grabs, and suddenly you're a priority target in team fights for some reason. Anyway, AD can build pretty tanky and still have good damage from Manamune's mana-AD conversion, or if you're having no trouble surviving, you can do some beast damage.

I think it's less of a one-trick pony than AP, because AD puts out good sustained damage, and Power Fist is on a very low CD, whereas AP pretty much blows its load when it uses the R active, then you're just a kinda-tanky disruption bot that's not a damage threat. Over a VERY short period of time, AP will do more, but over the course of a fight longer than a couple seconds, AD will win out.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-11-2011

AP.

your burst is insane. grab>lichbane fist>ult will take out any squishy from full health. also, flash into enemy team, then ult and see their health bars just disappear is always lulzy.

AD can work, but there's way better dpsers out there. having one AD steroid ability doesn't necessarily make him a viable dpser. think of blitzcrank the way you would think of a nunu.

PleaseNotTheSalt

04-11-2011

I think AP works best simply because of lichbane proc that comes from his Q+E.

His ulti also scales very well with AP.

IS1eb3a55d7f5966

04-11-2011

Blitz should never be pure AD or AP.

Imo he should always be a tanky support champ.. and becouse of that.. it's best to be AD.
AP only scales with his grab and ulti. It's only 2 skills.. and one of them is a skill shot. So it's a really big waste of AP.
Build tanky support.. Use your grab, punch, run and ulti to initiate and interrupt. Be the king of CC.

I love it when playing AD.. w -> p.r -> e -> q -> p.r -> e -> r -> dead! Love the combo! (p.r = passive ulti)

AntonM

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufaan View Post
It's only 2 skills.. and one of them is a skill shot. So it's a really big waste of AP.
Build tanky support.. Use your grab, punch, run and ulti to initiate and interrupt. Be the king of CC.
Learn to master it.

AP is much better for the burst like mentioned above. The only AD item i could see myself using would be Manamune.

vcool

04-12-2011

Manamune and Triforce, then defensive items.

Punch ****.

IS1eb3a55d7f5966

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonM View Post
Learn to master it.

AP is much better for the burst like mentioned above. The only AD item i could see myself using would be Manamune.
Has nothing with master it to do.
You won't hit with it so much either way. It's slow and easy to dodge.
Blitz is my main. But when I meet him I almost never get grabbed. Shield , BV, Move away.
It's to naiv to build AP burst blitz around a skill like this.
But sure.. you can get a better burst.
But alot of champions could then do your bursting job alot better.

I never use manamune either. But sure.. it can be nice.
Sheen is kinda only the offensive item I have. The games I do well I go for Triforce.. and defensive/support items.

If your thinking Blitz should be either AP or AD. Your doing it wrong imo.
To many champs can do that job better.

I love it when facing a AP or AD blitz Meltdown fast!

Daikaze

04-12-2011

Manamune, support/tank items, sheen