Noct lategame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsiphon

03-20-2011

Ok, so I just played a match as nocturne, went 13 kills and like 7 assists before dieing. We were doing well. Then the game quickly shifted as it became lategame and we pretty much got destroyed. They did completely outward us, and we didn't really mount a solid offense till it was too late. The towers right at that point were we had all of ours and they had 2 inners left, no outers.

So, anyone who plays noct. How do you guys lategame?

My build was Maldreds BR, ninja tabi, sword of the occult (20 stacks till right at the start of endgame), starks, black cleaver, and since i started dieing at endgame and needed armor, GA (although in retrospect a higher MR item would have been better, probably BV over FoN)

Teams were: Noct, Shen, Sion, Ashe, Malz
and: Janna, Gangplank, Morde, Miss Fortune, Swain

Thoughts? (to clarify, how does noct not such ass in teamfights)

cantol

03-20-2011

I usually get armor or mr mid-game to not die in team fights. I worry about damage afterwards. Randuin's Omen + Thornmail every time if they have a lot of AD, Banshees + GA if they're mixed somewhat evenly.

Nocturne is an easy target in team fights, so you want to let them fight for a little bit before you go in. Ult into the fight (pick a support or squishy), try to take them out, have fear on someone else, and go in with the shield up. Q as many as you can at once, start auto attacking. He's not the kind of champion you want to get into the action right away, you have to pick your fights carefully. I mean, he is an assassin after all. Not a carry.

Tsiphon

03-20-2011

Yeah everyone was complaining at me though, and I was pretty much doing as you say. I guess they were thinking my participation in a fight would equal its win. But I normally play Kassadin which is pretty similar.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

not enough defensive items. Your a melee dps, you should only get 1 or 2 damage items, and rest defensive.

Arathmis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantol View Post
I usually get armor or mr mid-game to not die in team fights. I worry about damage afterwards. Randuin's Omen + Thornmail every time if they have a lot of AD, Banshees + GA if they're mixed somewhat evenly.

Nocturne is an easy target in team fights, so you want to let them fight for a little bit before you go in. Ult into the fight (pick a support or squishy), try to take them out, have fear on someone else, and go in with the shield up. Q as many as you can at once, start auto attacking. He's not the kind of champion you want to get into the action right away, you have to pick your fights carefully. I mean, he is an assassin after all. Not a carry.
Have to say i give you props read this was having the exact same problem "I mean, he is an assassin after all. Not a carry" this is exactly true and that is 1 serious problem i see people having i had it myself for a bit. Nocturnes mid game is very very powerful and a lot of people seem to get cought up in that.

whatamidoing

03-23-2011

nocturne is really really squishy late game, my suggestion: banshee's veil or frozen mallet to give him slightly more health

and dont initiate

Raddon

04-11-2011

I usually build:
Wriggles, Mercs, Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet, Atmas, IE.
Flat armor, MR plvl runes.

I end up 2600 HP, 100 MR, 150 armor. Enough not to die in 2 secs.
55% crit chance, relying on ghostblade active for AS.
But still lategame I stay far from the teamfight, choose a squishy target far from their tanks and CCers and ulti in, with Frozen Mallet + ghostblade active I rarely fail the kill, from there I have to see if I can proceed to more targets or if I'm about to get focused, in which case I walk out and manouver around the fight looking for more opportunities.

But still I feel more like a tougher assassin than a carry...

ForeverLaxx

04-11-2011

As an assassin, your goal is to keep their carries on a respawn timer for as long as possible and as often as you can without giving up your own life in the process. If you really had a score like that, then it was your team's fault for being unable (or unwilling) to finish the game. It sounds like they got cocky and thought they had the game in the bag, so they took their time and allowed the enemy to farm up and counter. It's also possible that, even though you had that kind of score, the rest of your team was dying to the enemy while you weren't around. You might have starved your team of kills; there's no way for us to know for sure how the game was going around you.

With that said, if you want a better presence in teamfights then you have to make sure that when you go in for a kill, the rest of your team has already moved in ahead of you. Before the fight, throw your Q around to poke and don't step too far from your team as you're very squishy. The only thing you really have to watch out for is that you don't burn off your mana doing this. Unless you carry Mana Regen runes, it's unlikely you'll have regeneration from items so you can bleed yourself dry very quickly. Once the fight starts, hone in on the squishiest/priority target and don't let them out of your grasp. Try to use your Fear on the target most likely to stop you from killing the target -- this isn't always the guy you're trying to kill. If you can predict it, save your spellshield for a CC. Otherwise, throw it up there at your earliest convenience because in a big 5v5 fight you're bound to stop something from hitting you and you'll need that bonus AS.