Magic Penatration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaryG62790

04-11-2011

Does anyone know a good build for Magic Penetration with Malphite? Ive been playing a lot of him but characters constantly get magic resist and my spells do nothing on them.

Everspace

04-11-2011

You don't really bother.

Past the beginning, your spells are used to slow down or CC people rather than actually hurt them.

M4nTiCoR3

04-11-2011

@everscpace: Wow...Malph pretty much relies on Magic damage for 90% of his output and you say Mpen is worthless...sigh.

@OP: Grab Mpen Marks...Sorc Shoes (if you can swing them inetad of mercs)...and Abysal Sceptar. All the MPen you need. Trust me I actually play Malphite competently, and I know what I am talking about.

Stay Rock Solid,

-gap81

kwjnfkjsdg

04-12-2011

first off, malphite is a tank/anti-carry. you should not be ulting the enemy mordekaiser or rammus, you should be initiating on that ashe in the back. if she has banshee's veil, ghost up, break it with a Q, then ult her.

magic pen runes are a must on malph. he's a tank, and he makes up for lack of spammable hard cc with higher burst and sustained damage than most other tanks. i'll sometimes get sorc boots and/or abyssal scepter if i feel i'm tanky enough or enemies are just flat out ignoring me and i need more damage to make me more relevant.

but overall tank/cdr is the best way to build malph.