Vladimir Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dabutler17

04-11-2011

I was wondering if this is a good build for Vladimir. Please tell me your opinion.

1. Spirit Visage
2. Magic Penetration Boots
3. Will of the Ancients
4. Rylai's Crystal Scepter
5. Warmog's Armor
6. Rabadon's Death Cap

I have built this the last couple of games and had success, but wondering if their was anything even better.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

I find Vladimir's build options to be extremely flexible based on your playstyle.

Your core items should consist of Rylai's, Abyssal Scepter & Deathcap.

You've got choices on boots for either Swiftness or Sorcerers, depending on if you prefer the speed (i find i like this option alot more since his pool doesnt give you a temporary speed boost anymore).

You've also got choices about when to grab Spirit Visage + Will of the ancients depending on the game situation, i like an early revolver if laning phase is being dragged out for instance.

There is nothing wrong with your build, I'd probably drop the Warmogs and either Spirit Visage/Will of The Ancients to free up slots for more damage based items. But like i said Vladimir is flexible based on playstyle.

Check out this Vladimir Guide for more info.

JohnnyThrash

04-11-2011

The only thing I will disagree with Seelyon is that Abyssal scepter is NOT a core item, an item that works well on Vlad? Yes, but it is not an item I personally use every game. Your build is perfectly viable, Seelyon's suggestions are also good. One other item I will suggest is Zhonya's hourglass. I will credit Foreverlaxx with this one but being able to pool - hourglass - pool gives you a good chunk of survivability in team fights.

Melson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Too bad, People usually panic and use pool to damage them
I always go 3 pots + boot -> Hextech -> Deathcap -> Rylai

Vlădimir

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melson View Post
Too bad, People usually panic and use pool to damage them
I always go 3 pots + boot -> Hextech -> Deathcap -> Rylai
As a hardcore vlad player, I use this combo a lot now. Im finding that I like those ionian boots with the cdr. Once vlad gets to 9-10 the game gets a lot easier for him.

HarisPiIton

04-12-2011

Amp. Tome -> Mejai's & Sorcs/Mercs > Rylai's -> Deathcap -> Hourglass -> Depends.

I go full AP, I don't see a reason for any spell vamp at all, extra healing isn't needed, just keep E up if you need it.

RiseTheFall

04-12-2011

Vlads CD's are quit low as it is, Ionian boots I agree would be lovely for him. And Hextech is perfect for the spellvamp as well as damage for the turret pushing aspect.

Mejai's is only viable in low elo regular games. I would build Warmog's before deathcap only because you get lots of HP, it will be finished by the time you get deathcap. And you get AP from health anyway.

Rylai's is perfect for vlad, i build this immediately after boots for the HP+AP.

ForeverLaxx

04-12-2011

Your build isn't bad, but it isn't optimal. Visage isn't needed, and getting a Deathcap that late in your item list isn't going to make a big impact. If you want MR to replace Visage, consider an Abyssal Sceptre. You should always be in range for the aura to matter, it gives you more MR than Visage, and the AP of the item still increases your HP.

Personally, I start with an Amp Tome then build Sorc Shoes as soon as possible. Turn the Tome into a Hextech Revolver, and then rush Rylais. Finish Will of the Ancients after that to then build according to the game. Warmogs is usually my choice at this point unless I need a specific resist item, to which I'll pick up either a Chainmail or Negatron Cloak first. Both of those can be turned into something later on (Abyssal for Negatron, Hourglass for Chainmail), so buying them isn't going to somehow remove an item choice.