Game Leader positions and Roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clearfire777

04-11-2011

So in my lengthy experience playing this game I have run across all kinds of ppl with different skill levels and abilities. I choose to play tank a lot and as a result sometimes I end up kiting for crappy dps who dont know what they're doing.

As an effort to fix this problem when you Que into a game I thought that maybe there could be a simple thing that could be done to try and fix this. When you pick your champ you also pick a role fill button. So I, being a tank, would click the tank option. There would be no set number to how many characters would be picked for each slot or role but it would be an attempt to see who is going for what.

In this game there is a million ways to build a few champs. For example I have seen many Master yis that go ap, ad, straight tank, etc. this so many times throws off the balance of team comp. In an effort to fix this problem it would be interesting to see a role fill button.
Ideas for "role fill buttons" would be maybe as such

Tank
Hybrid ad/off tank
Mele ad
Ranged ad
Nuker
etc.
I think this idea could help correct with poor team composition.

With this idea also you could have a small button layout near your mini map that you could priority focus buttons over enemy teams heads in team fights. Like I mentioned before so many times as tank I see ppl focusing the wrong enemy units. If I could put priority buttons over enemy units that would be awesome. As a tank assigning certain ppl to die would also encourage squish to follow their tanks lead.

Also a button or two to give warning would be awesome. So many times a person is pushing to far and not paying close attention. If there were a skull and cross bones button you could cast on the mini map to raise ppls attention and show incoming danger it would reduce stupid deaths. I can ping several times and then write out "plz be careful you have incoming" but sometimes by then its too late.

Also if ppl could have a projected items wish list. Showing their complete build and in what order they get it in would be awesome. The list is always subject to change due to counter items but the idea is stil valid. This would take place as soon as you spawn. Say I play teemo, I buy my dorans blade first. Then I would simply click on a projected buy button and click boots, malady, madreds etc, This allows other ppl to know what to expect on your team because the projected items would be dull in color and and not lit up.
These ideas are just thoughts to try and get some order to teams that are pug groups and arent all in vent.

PriorityOne

04-11-2011

Ideas like this are formed around the way the game is currently played so when the game is patched and things change, this idea will need to be changed each time to match. However since you won't know exactly how the game will shift, you'll have to wait and see how the game changes and then adjust the roles.

Basically your roles will always be at least one patch out of date with how the game is actually being played.

As for items... those usually aren't a big deal except for aura items. Who's buying Aegis? Who's buying Abyssal? Is anyone getting Will/Soul/Starks/etc? I don't care whether you're buying an Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster first, but I'd rather not go 40 minutes and suddenly notice that no one bought an Aegis.

clearfire777

04-11-2011

wow thanks for the feedback. I value what you have to say and agree with most of what your saying.

shubomber

04-11-2011

just, i dunno, like... talk to your teammates.