Alistar: Should I avoid healing minion waves?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Alistar's heal is great, it allows me to lane practically indefinitely. However, when I'm healing myself and/or a teammate, our minions get healed as well, and I always find myself just outside their tower.

Is that a bad thing? It's definitely harder for me to last hit that close to their tower, and it's even harder to catch 'em off guard for a stun/headbutt back to my teammate, as I have to tower dive to do so.

How do Alistar players here deal with it?

Magoula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

walk away from the creeps....

TheCowGoes

04-11-2011

I usually just seize the opportunity and try to wreck their tower as much as possible -- then again, I'm still playing a lot of normal games solo queue. I wouldn't do it against a team I felt could punish me for it. 7/10 times the tower's down in time to gank other lanes, so I do okay with it.

XiTro

04-11-2011

walk away from creeps........

or heal your minion when they go try to last hit it... =/

Wisewind

04-11-2011

generally it's rather unconsequential, but this why ali is good as a roamer, when the lane is pushed like the scenario you described, it makes it much harder for them to last hit under the tower, and it also creates pressure on their team determining whether u are MIA or not.

Once wave is pushed I generally hide in the bush closest to their tower and slip away from the backside and head mid for a gank or counter jungle opportunity. Also you can stay there and wait for an opportunity to hb them into the opposite wall for a mini-stun and pulverize to get some free damage.

shubomber

04-11-2011

Whether or not to push the lane is largely situational. In general, it's good to static farm, but if you have an unusually strong pushing lane and good vision coverage on the map, it might be more effective to push right up to the tower and start putting in some early damage. Some champions like Heimerdinger are supposed to lane that way, and if done right you can get an outer turret down before 10:00 with some luck and help. But if you do it wrong you'll probably just end up dying and losing the lane, or feeding the other team XP under the tower.

GCqR5Uimh9I8RaTo

04-11-2011

What you do is, as soon as one of your minions is about to die, and your opponent is moving in for the last hit, you heal. It screws up his last hit, and while he's preparing a second swing to finish off the minion, you headbutt him away. By the time he gets back the minion dies. Then he's angry and goes in for a poke on you. Pulverize him and right click him to beat him once or twice as well. By then he's fuming, and is about ready to empty his mana bar on you. Right as you see the first spell leave his hands, pop your Ult, laugh, walk behind him and headbutt him into your tower.

Alistar is IMO one of the top 5 most annoying to lane against, up there with Zilean and Urgot.

Oh yeah, about your question. Push when you see the enemy and know they can't retaliate in time. Don't push when there are missing enemy and could potentially gank you from behind. But remember if you push that is committing to that push for probably at least 2-3 waves. Because it might take a couple waves of you hanging back to pull the line back toward your tower if you overpush and manage to get yourself zoned by the enemy (jungler or roamer comes to lane and imbalances the lane, or they manage to land a well timed nuke and turn the tides of the lane matchup)

Paqi

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiTro View Post
walk away from creeps........
It's hard to do that when I'm trying to heal my teammate too. I like the suggestion above about roaming when the lane is pushed though.

malphismia

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paqi View Post
It's hard to do that when I'm trying to heal my teammate too. I like the suggestion above about roaming when the lane is pushed though.
you can't control where your minions are, but you can tell your teammate to move away to get healed.