Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RE: Queue-dodging penalties

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drunner611

02-23-2010

Quote:
Ambient:
Honestly all this crying about queue dodge penalty is ridiculous. Play with the team/heroes ur given or dont play at all. Its that simple.

I'm glad you feel this way. I can't wait to crush you in a 5v4 because 1 of your teammates afk'd in champion select and no one dodged because they were afraid of a senseless penalty.

DelishusWeenie

Recruiter

02-23-2010

a good player doesn't need to worry about what cham their team mates pick or whatsover.........if you are a good player you will always good unless your teammates farking intended to feed opponent....

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-23-2010

Quote:
You also get less legitimate reports of people who are making a community the worse place. 80% of my ignore list probably wound up saying something that was a bannable offense, but again, the chances of me being matched with them are so slim it's not worth the few minutes it would take to shoot you an email, whereas a report button is a lot simpler.

Honestly, how long does it take to read through an ingame chatlog? If it's such a big deal, just add a filter that searches for obviously bad terms so you don't have to waste manpower on chatlogs that say "intentional feeder" and are full of no chat at all except a couple MIA calls and a few GGs.

Longer than you'd think when we have a million players

Jayce from Space

02-23-2010

Summary: Guys, you don't realize how hard it is to manage this game. So much TIME and EFFORT goes into giving you guys the gaming experience you have now, to provide an even better one is just being UNREASONABLE.

It's not like it's our JOBS or anything.. or our duty to our customers.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Cryaotic

Senior Recruiter

02-23-2010

Quote:
Drunner611:
I'm glad you feel this way. I can't wait to crush you in a 5v4 because 1 of your teammates afk'd in champion select and no one dodged because they were afraid of a senseless penalty.

I wasn't referring to doing so when someone is AFK. To fix that there should be a system that filters out AFK's like swapping the player with another who is queue.

Milskidasith

02-23-2010

Quote:
DelishusWeenie:
a good player doesn't need to worry about what cham their team mates pick or whatsover.........if you are a good player you will always good unless your teammates farking intended to feed opponent....

Are you kidding me? Let's take a few champs that are top tier and put them with a horrible team:

Sivir: Not going to get too many kills without allied support, save maybe a couple surprise ganks with boomerang toss, summoner skills, and ult. Since she's not a pure carry, she relies on her teammates, who suck, to make good use of her ult. You play well, you help your team with auras, but you can't fix stupid.

Corki: High damage in an AoE with a buff for your allies, but no hard CC so he can't do as well, and his base stats are rather low for tower pushing.

Alistar: AoE stun and superult don't mean a thing if your team can't use it.

Even TF, Annie, and Fiddle can't get off their instagib combinations if the outer lanes feed so much midddlestix/Middle Fate/some clever name for annie at mid (the TF one sucks as well) can't get a kill with their ult + all other spells + summoner spells combination.

noobfluff

02-23-2010

Quote:
Ambient:
I wasn't referring to doing so when someone is AFK. To fix that there should be a system that filters out AFK's like swapping the player with another who is queue.

I do think that before this penalty goes into effect some functionality for kicking an AFK player out of the queue and re-queuing everyone else should be implemented as well. Dodging a team b/c you don't like the makeup is one thing, leaving because you don't feel like playing with someone who may or may not even be at their keyboard is another entirely.

EDIT:
Quote:
Milskidasith:
Are you kidding me? Let's take a few champs that are top tier and put them with a horrible team:

Sivir: Not going to get too many kills without allied support, save maybe a couple surprise ganks with boomerang toss, summoner skills, and ult. Since she's not a pure carry, she relies on her teammates, who suck, to make good use of her ult. You play well, you help your team with auras, but you can't fix stupid.

Corki: High damage in an AoE with a buff for your allies, but no hard CC so he can't do as well, and his base stats are rather low for tower pushing.

Alistar: AoE stun and superult don't mean a thing if your team can't use it.

Even TF, Annie, and Fiddle can't get off their instagib combinations if the outer lanes feed so much midddlestix/Middle Fate/some clever name for annie at mid (the TF one sucks as well) can't get a kill with their ult + all other spells + summoner spells combination.

SO TRUE.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-23-2010

Quote:
I'd also like to know your response to my response to your question: Demigod legitimately meets all of your criteria. Wonder if I still have the disc, since I switched laptops; I heard they added a few new demigods, though they were always very slow with patching (unlike you guys).
Haven't played it so I can't comment, but I don't recall 5+ person teams (a requirement). I also thought they used p2p game hosting w/ lobbies (and game hosts), and not full-auto matchmaking.

PrawnWonton

02-23-2010

Quote:
Ambient:
Honestly all this crying about queue dodge penalty is ridiculous. Play with the team/heroes ur given or dont play at all. Its that simple. May be if u loosened your trypants a little and tried to just play the game and have some fun instead of focusing every bit of your stamina on the winning mindset, we would all have a much better experience. Sure its nice to win but the world is not gonna end because u receive an Evelyn or a Warwick or w.e the hell u queue dodge for.

If you want to go for a win, then go assemble a premade, where u wont have to worry about the things that bug you.
Otherwise SHUT THE HELL UP.

This argument makes no sense.

I can apply the flip-side just as easily. "Since solo queue'ing doesn't really matter, and it is just for screwing around, why do you care if someone dodges? I mean, you aren't a TRYHARD anyways, so who cares?"

For 95% of the player population that isn't in the high-elo bracket where games take longer than 30 seconds to find, queue dodging is a non-issue, especially with the auto-queue.

The SHP

02-23-2010

Quote:
DelishusWeenie:

good luck making it in high elo. I'd love to see a team of 5 phys-dps carries try to take on a balanced team in high tier play. One person doesn't make a team, and even if each player's good, bad team makeup still loses games.