Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No Finish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bylobog44

04-11-2011

It doesn't seem to matter who I play - I rack up tonnes of assists, but few kills. If I really push and try for kills, I die more often, which doesn't really help my team.

I'm 7-3 in my last 10 games, but my stats are like 3-10-13, 1-4-10, or in one game, 2-6-17.

I main Sion, Ashe, Sivir and Master Yi (with Yi my stats are more balanced). I can see Ashe and Sivir not getting the kills, but everyone else I know who plays Sion is at least even on kills and assists. Am I too conservative? Should I build for more offense? My Sion build is basically AP early and Attack Speed/AD late. I'm loath to make major changes because I'm on a winning streak, but when I go ranked in a few weeks, am I going to get raged at for low kills?

ForeverLaxx

04-11-2011

Kills don't matter as long you're contributing to your team. Either you're playing your champions in a more supportive role, or someone is just nuking kills out from under you. In both cases, it doesn't really matter because you're helping your team and you're winning.

I wouldn't change anything. Focusing too much on your KDA will just turn you into a selfish player that doesn't help his team win a game they weren't already winning.

Fluffy1

04-11-2011

the ideal situation for team gold is someone does 80-90% of the damage and then someone kill steals it, they get 300 for the kill, you get 250ish for the damage done as assist. your doing it right if thats the case.

550 gold compared to 300 for a single person killing is a massive bonus to team gold.

bylobog44

04-11-2011

Quote:
Fluffy1:
the ideal situation for team gold is someone does 80-90% of the damage and then someone kill steals it, they get 300 for the kill, you get 250ish for the damage done as assist. your doing it right if thats the case.

550 gold compared to 300 for a single person killing is a massive bonus to team gold.

I hadn't thought of that. Better to tap both the kill gold and the assist pool.

I also tend to lose a lot of kills early in the game with enemies escaping with almost no health. Either I don't have the movement speed to catch them, or I'm reticent to tower dive for the kill and give up a kill. Sion, Sivir (without her ULT) and Ashe are not exactly fleet of foot. That's probably why I do better on kills with Yi.

Vichar

04-11-2011

Quote:
bylobog44:
I hadn't thought of that. Better to tap both the kill gold and the assist pool.

I also tend to lose a lot of kills early in the game with enemies escaping with almost no health. Either I don't have the movement speed to catch them, or I'm reticent to tower dive for the kill and give up a kill. Sion, Sivir (without her ULT) and Ashe are not exactly fleet of foot. That's probably why I do better on kills with Yi.

Don't worry so much about that. If you send them back to the fountain, they are missing out on a lot of last hits on minions and therefore you are pulling ahead in the race for experience and gold. If you can out-harrass an enemy but fail to kill them, it's not that big of a deal.

Having said that, always be aware of missing champions on the mini-map before attempting a risky kill or tower diving. Really, the simplest way to put it is that you must calculate risks and only roll the dice when the odds are in your favor. Click on enemy champs and look at the items they have purchased and their health.

Kuryaka

04-11-2011

It's all right. As Shen I think I got 23 assists but only 7 kills. And most of it was me throwing Vorpal Blades at any champ nearby.
Strange that a lot of kills are sliver of health left. Maybe good luck for the runner? Or just that damage over time spells are unreliable.

locke03

04-11-2011

There are some, not many but some, people who will rage at you for being a carry with a low kill count. Ignore them, they don't know what they are talking about. Look at your assists, look at your deaths, check the amount of damage that you did overall. All of these are more important to the success of your team as a whole. I play Ashe quite a bit as well and its not uncommon for me to have only 6 or 7 kills, but have an assist for 90% of the kills that happened during the game, the most damage dealt, and the fewest deaths. IMO this is much more productive to the team than to have 20 kills, but also dying 30 times because you overextended to get them or waded into the middle of a team fight with low hp when you should have ran and let someone else clean up.

ironblades

04-11-2011

if its ad Sion heres whats happening.

your playing all hard carries, basically characters that scale realty well late game but have a weaker early game. This means in the first couple team fights your more about the utility you provide over the damage you do. AS the game goes later the easier it will be fore you to get kills and you will get less assists. If you want more kills play a mage like annie. Realy though if your getting 3+ assists for each deathyour helping your team quite a bit.

Mayobe

04-11-2011

Win the game. KDR is a distant second to WLR. The two biggest mistakes I see in low level games is constant tower diving and people not controlling the field intelligently because they think kills are more important than wins.

I can live with having more assists than kills. I can even put up with sometimes having more deaths than assist+kill. What I really don't like at all is seeing a great big DEFEAT sign at the end of a match. I doubt I'm the only one who feels that way.

Blind Mag

04-12-2011

Quote:
Mayobe:
The two biggest mistakes I see in low level games is constant tower diving

It works perfectly as an Evelynn at level 6+, but only because she's the tower diving queen.