Runes for Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozzmandias

04-11-2011

I was curious to see what the recommended marks for playing tank Shen would be. I've seen everything from MPen to Armor pen to flat HP suggested, so I was wondering which people thought would be best and preferably why

Zyren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Marks: Magic Penetration
Seals: Dodge, Armor, or Health per Level
Glyphs: Magic Resist (either per level or flat, doesn't matter)
Quints: Movement Speed

Reason for Magic Pen marks: makes last-hitting easier and your vorpal blade harass better.

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Are energy regen seals any good for Shen? I find that his taunt takes up so much energy that when it's on cooldown again I can't taunt as much.

Also, does Dodge work against skills/spells? Or just auto-attack?

ForeverLaxx

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Breeze View Post
Are energy regen seals any good for Shen? I find that his taunt takes up so much energy that when it's on cooldown again I can't taunt as much.

Also, does Dodge work against skills/spells? Or just auto-attack?
Dodge only works against autoattacks, which is why I prefer Armor in that slot. However, if you pick up Nimbleness your preferences may be different, and you will dodge minion shots during harassment/kills often enough for the runes to matter.

Energy Regen seals are a decent choice for Shen, but you run into the issue of buying runes that are only useful for him and Kennen (Akali and Lee Sin don't need them). If you have spare pages you might want a specific one for Shen unless you don't have issues swapping out runes before you play a game if you plan on playing Shen no matter what your team picks.

FaerellG

04-11-2011

Quints: either Movespeed or Flat HP
Marks: Scaling HP
Seals: Armor or Dodge
Glyphs: Energy Regen, or MR