Frozen Mallet vs. Trinity Force on Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkillr View Post
Personally, I would rather have the 100% 40% slow rather than the potential for a slow to occur.

That allows xin's three talon to get more procs off and he also has a slow in the form of his audacious charge.

Move speed, atk spd and crit chance are better off being from a PD. Damage and hp should be coming from a blood thirster, xin should have enough survivability in a team fight if he can ult and not be cc'd.
I rather have an item that had greater utility like trinity. Xin already has a slow. So if you cant keep an enemy in kill range with xin juggle, xin slow and trinity slow stacked then maybe you need more practice.

imhuge

04-11-2011

Frozen Mallet is really good if you're not initiating for your team (assassin/carry type play)

if your target has Ghost/Flash/Exhaust, you really need to have Frozen Mallet cause Trinity's 30% chance is not guaranteed to activate and you can end up getting kited

it also makes you clean up fights better and makes you less vulnerable to Wit's End by giving you manaless slow

but you need to make sure you have damage and defense covered already
Ghostblade/Shurelia's/Randuin's is a really good combo but getting 3000 more gold after that can be hard if you didn't solo
Trinity is awful if you're going a complete carry build (Infinity, Bloodthirster, etc.)

Isolated

04-11-2011

Frozen Mallet's a pretty safe choice for pubstomping, imo. But as mentioned there are better alternatives in many situations.

DrDragun

04-11-2011

4000 gold is too much. Drop 2k on Ghostblade then head into tank territory

Neokenfu

04-11-2011

Hey guys,

In my experience(600+ games) with Xin Trinity is better than mallet but both are not really what you want. You NEED burst on Xin to survive so tanky burst is what you should aspire towards. IMO Ghostblade(best item on Xin imo), starks, blood thirster, SotD, and IE are all a lot better. If you are dying for speed get a phantom after the ghostblade(+ move speed proc on ghostblade).

Not to say either mallet or trinity aren't viable(sheen proc is nice for burst). It's just that mallet's only real moment of glory is when you both have flash, you charge the person, they flash, then you flash and still kill them before they get in tower range. In 95% of the game it'll be overkill and Omen is better for slow/survive. Remember Omen can slow EVERYONE in a team fight.

My favorite thing to do with Xin:

Pop SotD, charge, ult, omen active, Q pop carry, ghostblade active, charge running carry(usually dies there), Q if needed to finish, lather, rinse, and repeat.

Desamir

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
You can get HP from tons of sources so I would not take mallet over TF.
What HP sources are most viable for Xin?

Neokenfu

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samyrius View Post
What HP sources are most viable for Xin?
Omen(heart of gold on your way), BV, and sunfire cape(easier farm). Those are the best in my experience. I'd only ever consider an early warmogs if you have to pseudo tank with Xin. If you are forced to tank Xin you may want to consider getting all of the items listed: Warmog, Sunfire, Omen, BV, Merc treads, and Aegis/Starks/Mallet. Even in a no burst threat initiator build like that people focus you naturally because you're Xin. Mallet is WAAAY better if you are forced to tank because you need all the time to damage people.

Yes, I've been forced to do this playing Xin more than I care to admit.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neokenfu View Post
Hey guys,

In my experience(600+ games) with Xin Trinity is better than mallet but both are not really what you want. You NEED burst on Xin to survive so tanky burst is what you should aspire towards. IMO Ghostblade(best item on Xin imo), starks, blood thirster, SotD, and IE are all a lot better. If you are dying for speed get a phantom after the ghostblade(+ move speed proc on ghostblade).

Not to say either mallet or trinity aren't viable(sheen proc is nice for burst). It's just that mallet's only real moment of glory is when you both have flash, you charge the person, they flash, then you flash and still kill them before they get in tower range. In 95% of the game it'll be overkill and Omen is better for slow/survive. Remember Omen can slow EVERYONE in a team fight.

My favorite thing to do with Xin:

Pop SotD, charge, >>> ult, omen active,<<< Q pop carry, ghostblade active, charge running carry(usually dies there), Q if needed to finish, lather, rinse, and repeat.
Sounds meaningful. And people remember to proc your xin ult and then omen for added punch.

Neokenfu

04-11-2011

Essentially when you do that with the armor burst you are VERY hard to kill!

Desamir

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neokenfu View Post
Omen(heart of gold on your way), BV, and sunfire cape(easier farm). Those are the best in my experience. I'd only ever consider an early warmogs if you have to pseudo tank with Xin. If you are forced to tank Xin you may want to consider getting all of the items listed: Warmog, Sunfire, Omen, BV, Merc treads, and Aegis/Starks/Mallet. Even in a no burst threat initiator build like that people focus you naturally because you're Xin. Mallet is WAAAY better if you are forced to tank because you need all the time to damage people.

Yes, I've been forced to do this playing Xin more than I care to admit.
Is Omen still a good choice after tonight's nerf?