[Mini Guide] Jungler is a must.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mojozhu

04-11-2011

For the more solo lane experience? Half true.

For the "can't call mia on jungler" gank? Half true.

For the extra buff the jungler can get for your team? Well, it's situational, you won't always be able to steal buffs.

Whats the real reason? Dragon control.

Without a jungler: You will have 2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid at lane.
With a jungler: You will have 1 top, 2 bot, 1 mid, and 1 guy that can go anywhere.

Dragon is located in between mid and bot. So if enemy don't have a jungler, there will only be a maximum of 3 people to guard the dragon (Unless global ultimate or teleport). If you have a jungler, you can potentially have 4 guys to guard dragon...

Forces that 4v3 fight if they warded it; or take the dragon many times if they don't ward it.

Dragon gold wins game.

Tips for jungler:

- Pink ward for dragon, its a must.

Tips for laner:

- Top laner: Get teleport to make sure your team is fighting at dragon with all 5 guy.

- Mid/Bot laner: When your jungler is doing dragon, go help him, all of you! Push your lane and get to the dragon spot. You can turn that 1v3 fight into a 4v3 fight if they defend. Not to mention you clear the dragon 3 times faster with 4 person.

gom99

04-11-2011

I agree with what you said, but mostly to play devil's advocate, I'll make a few disagreements with how you phrased your argument.

Just because you don't have a jungler doesn't mean you necessarily have to give up dragon control. Also I think you're missing a valuable part of what allows you to have dragon control.

You don't always have to stay 2-1-2. One or 2 people can roam. Someone like a Taric and Allister aren't good Junglers, but they are great Roamers. They can setup ganks and help with Dragon just as easily as a jungler could.

When you add up all the benefits of jungling, of course you want it. But your position is more that you can't have dragon control without a jungler which I think is false. What allows you to have dragon control are Clairvoyance and Wards to help you know where your enemies are most of the time. Getting bodies to the dragon at the right time is more a function of map awareness. Having CV and Wards to a team without either is like playing with Map Hack. You make all the right moves, they make all the wrong ones.

It's a nuances disagreement, but I think it's an important one.

Neokenfu

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozhu View Post

Whats the real reason? Dragon control.

Tips for jungler:

- Pink ward for dragon, its a must.
**** STRAIGHT!!

Quote:
- Top laner: Get teleport to make sure your team is fighting at dragon with all 5 guy.

- Mid/Bot laner: When your jungler is doing dragon, go help him, all of you! Push your lane and get to the dragon spot. You can turn that 1v3 fight into a 4v3 fight if they defend. Not to mention you clear the dragon 3 times faster with 4 person.
It's just as viable and often preferable to solo or duo dragon. You just need to make sure the laners are OCCUPYING their lanes and you need to pink ward it at least a minute before you engage. A good tip is ward dragon and then grab their blue if they lack a jungler. Or go gank bot first and take the spare guy bot with you. All of it needs to be unexpected and unpredictable. Why tip your hand by having everyone on dragon?

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
I agree with what you said, but mostly to play devil's advocate, I'll make a few disagreements with how you phrased your argument.

Just because you don't have a jungler doesn't mean you necessarily have to give up dragon control. Also I think you're missing a valuable part of what allows you to have dragon control.

You don't always have to stay 2-1-2. One or 2 people can roam. Someone like a Taric and Allister aren't good Junglers, but they are great Roamers. They can setup ganks and help with Dragon just as easily as a jungler could.

When you add up all the benefits of jungling, of course you want it. But your position is more that you can't have dragon control without a jungler which I think is false. What allows you to have dragon control are Clairvoyance and Wards to help you know where your enemies are most of the time. Getting bodies to the dragon at the right time is more a function of map awareness. Having CV and Wards to a team without either is like playing with Map Hack. You make all the right moves, they make all the wrong ones.

It's a nuances disagreement, but I think it's an important one.
Here's a good question, why have a roamer or even two roamers when you don't have a jungler?

PriorityOne

04-11-2011

Jungler is not always a must simply due to the fact that you can't always count on A) the other team to have a jungler and B) your solo top to be able to handle a 1v2.

I've see games where top tower is lost by the 12 minute mark because everyone just went through the motions instead of considering whether or not that guy going top could actually handle his 1v2 lane.

Neokenfu

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
Jungler is not always a must simply due to the fact that you can't always count on A) the other team to have a jungler and B) your solo top to be able to handle a 1v2.

I've see games where top tower is lost by the 12 minute mark because everyone just went through the motions instead of considering whether or not that guy going top could actually handle his 1v2 lane.
I feel you here bud but really the jungler should be checking top 1 v 2 constantly. A really good thing to do when you get decent at jungling is to stare down the mini-map while fighting. Check the top person who should be pushed back to their tower unless they f*cking suck and cover/gank accordingly.