Kog maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

micjunkie

04-12-2011

hi im an exp kog user and i and looking for other kog users wondering if the ap or attk speed kog is best in opinion

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Hello.
I play Kog too and I found out the best build for my style is atk speed.
I usually get defense masteries (attack speed) and 8 ofense masteries (attack speed). The extra 1 point I varies.

For core items, I get:
1) Red Claw (to farm better)
2) Malady
3) Sorcerer Shoes
4) Abyssal Scepter
-At this point, if needed, I finish Madred's. Else, I stay with red claw longer to keep farming better.

The last 2 items vary a lot. If there are many APs, I get Wit's End, else I get Nashor's Thooth.
Usually, as last item, I get Haunting Guise.
If the team have HEAVY magic resist, I get Void AND Guise.

The spells varies with team composition. I usually aways get Smite to boost money and item aquisition.
As I have defense masteries, I love getting splash Fortify also. I use it in ofense, when people attack my allies under tower and thinks they can withstand 2 tower hits. If there are too many AD champs that rellies on autoattacks, I get Exhaust. If I see the team needs mobility, I get teleport. In ranked, when there is a lot of CC, I get cleanse.

At the end, you are squish. But you hits from far away and for a lot. Withou Runes, you can easilly bypass 60 MR, dealing at minimum 10% of HP each hit. All you need is to wait your team to initiate (better if they have CC), then attack the most dangerous target (you can kill it fast... aways). Try to survive to ulti the ones trying to scape. If you die, make sure you explode in the middle of the most champs possible. Your ulti is useful before fight starts, in cases the enemies are probally in a bush, so they are revealed and can be targeted by allies.

That's how I play him. =p
I am squish and so very team dependant. As I play solo, sometimes a united team is hard to find. But once I am lucky and am in a nice team, it's a banket.

^^

IronMongrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

As Kog you should be rushing Madred's Bloodrazor. After that you want to focus on making a Frozen Mallet, for health and kiting.

After that you either should be making tanky items if you need survivability, such as Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel, or if you need damage pick up either a Void Staff (as damage from your Bioarcane Barrage and Madred's are magic damage), or a Wits End.

YourRoleModel

04-12-2011

Yeah... attack speed and magic penetration + items that proc extra magic damage are all good.

- Sorc Boots
- Malady
......+ 20 Magic Damage per hit
- Wit's End or Sword of Divine (whatever it's called that gives 100 bonus magic damage every 4 hits)
......+42 Magic damage per hit or +100 every 4th hit and more AS and an Active
- Madred's Bloodrazor
......+4% life Magic Damage per hit
- Frozen Mallet
- Banshee's Veil

Something like that makes you reasonably tough (vary order depending on enemy team).

I like the combination of Frozen Mallet with Malady and Madred's. Tell your team to focus on whomever YOU are hitting. They won't be able to run and they're MR is 24 lower for EVERYONE on your team due to chewing it down 5 shots in 2 seconds.

Madred's provides armor and BV provides MR so it's reasonable to get Kog's defenses to around 100 and 100 by end game and about 2500 to 3000 HP. This isn't a tank but, it means you can take a few hits.

If the enemy team is focusing Kog very well you can almost build him with 3-4 tanky items and only have Sorc Boots and Madreds as your offense and still be fine.

Haunting Guise + Sorc Boots instead of Malady + Sorc Boots is better for poking.

But Malady + Frozen Mallet + Sorc Boots even helps you to finish off a target of focus fire if they flash away or ghost and start running. You have their MR down 44 and you can finish them with your ULT.

I always get last hits on champs trying to run away with my ULT and rack up tons of kills that way.

TastetheWaynebow

Recruiter

04-12-2011

ap kog is amazing in aram, but hard for me to apply in a normal 5v5. i stick to rushing madreds then malady

Adarkarn

04-12-2011

i honestly love using ap kog maw, since your experienced you should be able to land your ult with efficiency so you can make the most of every hit, my build is straight ap so i make my q,e,r huge nukes and my w just a little thing i forget i have.

if you find someone who is new to koggy get them to run the cookie cutter mardreds build with mr and some ap with lots of attack speed, maybe the FM is good i havent tried it yet tho i like my void ooze slow

ap build:tear
sorcs boots,
will(just incase the rare skillshot actually hits you, you can heal it back)
rabadons,
arch angels( either aas after rabadons or rabadons after aas just matters what you want and if your tear is full at the time)
w/e you want i prefer void staff next for the 40% mr pen to bump up my alrdy there mpen.

ad build: dorans blade for early farming( i dont have runes for main ad kog for some as or ad but i just use my mpen build)
either red claw or boots of your choice( should be sorcs in any game ever)
finish mardreds
malady
-insert ad/as item-
then after this its w/e you want

KPloggz

04-12-2011

AP Kog wrecks squishies, while AS Kog is good against tankier teams.

While most people try to rush a Bloodrazor as AS Kog, I find it better to get a Malady first (soooo much cheaper). A great AS/AP hybrid item would be Nashor's Tooth; 50 AP, cooldowns, mana regen, and attack speed

id0nthateyou

04-12-2011

I find that Kog is much too squishy to get close enough to utilize a high attack speed. I much prefer to go AP and bombard from the safety of his ult range.

Urr

04-12-2011

If you want to play AS kog, you need a team with enough CC to guarantee the enemy team stays away from you, it really sucks when Kass/Xin/Rene/Jarv and such, just swoop in and obliterate you