Shaco: IE rush, Bloodrazor or Reginaid build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

d Haciv

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathViper View Post
You don't rush IE because you need your Decieve to be higher level to get the most synergy with it.

I typically build Wriggles > Wits End > Bloodrazor > Survival > Malady > Situational

I build them in parts as needed, so not strictly always in that order as completed items (survivability, etc). Decieve still hits hard on squishies and the on-hit rips them up - especially if you pop clone, which also procs on-hit effects. 8% of their life per second, malady shredding their MR to nothing, wits end giving +40 damage x2 and draining 80 mana per hit (great on tanks), etc.

through they fixed it where clone doesnt deal passives like that along time ago

Haruhiist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

It still does, I believe.. just not Sunfire or GA.

malphismia

04-11-2011

yeah just not sunfires/GA (i hope not, or else wtf is his clone good for).

Btw, Wriggles is not worth it anymore. You should be rushing that bloodrazor as fast as you can. On Shaco, you should have built Madreds + Vamp Sceptre alone, and then upgraded straight to Bloodrazor. Now that lifesteal doesn't proc on the 500 damage to minions, its not even worth getting the vamp sceptre.

Banjotwigs

04-11-2011

It doesn't matter.

Shaco split pushes after 20-25 minutes anyways.

Build whatever you want.

Yellow Jester

04-11-2011

Reginaid's build stops working tomorrow because wriggle's lantern is getting nerfed to ****.

SabbathViper

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPl4n8 View Post
Use his build as a base. Create your own.

I figured someone with a small amount of intelligence would understand that from what I said.
Except you didn't say that. At all. Saying "eggs are good" doesn't mean "you should learn how to make omelets".

I use a tried and tested build, which works for different reasons, and you simply came in horns blaring with nonsense. The on-hit build works wonders with his clone, and doesn't rely on blowing your escape mechanism to enter the fight.

High ELO Shaco play is a very different ballgame than low ELO play. He's super fragile, prone to CC, and teams are super coordinated and can kill him in less than two seconds if you mess up.

In low ELO games I get away with murder. Raping over-extended pushers, solo pushin with impunity, controlling dragon/baraon easily, etc etc.

Jarmanuel

04-11-2011

I have not tried regi's build yet, but I can tell you that rushing an inifity edge is jut plain bad. It is the most expensive item, and you will be fairly behind your teammates and enemies until you finish it. And when you do finish it, early game will be over, and ganks will be less common, and you SHOULD NOT use decieve to enter a teamfight. This makes the passive on ie fairly useless unless you have a high crit chance.

Shaco is at his best early game, and if you build an ininity edge, you will weak during that time, and you wont be able to snowball into mid and late game. You need to buy cheaper items, or big items that are built out of reasonably priced parts, to take advantage ofnyour early game power.

I've been using bloodrazor lately, and I think its great. People underestimate the passive, and think its only useful on high hp targets. However, the average champ has
about 2k hp at lvl 18, which gives you can extra 80 mag dmg on each attack, not to mention it works on your clone. Plus, the other stats it gives, mainly the attack speed, work well on shaco.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4sted View Post
through they fixed it where clone doesnt deal passives like that along time ago
You dont know what you are talking about. Clone does get passives. If you get frozen mallet your clone slows. If you get razor your clone does % of targets life. If you get malady your clone builds up malady also. If you get wilts then your clone also burns mana and does the added dammage. If you get razor, malady, wilts end.... well maybe you can grasp the big picture.

Manicslayer

04-11-2011

After playing and eventually just watching 1700+ Shacos, I have found a new build I love. The play style is so disruptive and effective it's a pure joy to play. Shaco doesn't stay and auto-attack in fights unless the fight's already won, so these passive builds aren't as effective in practice and I haven't seen one work well in a very long time. It's all about timing and box placement. I generally don't even feel threatened in most fights.

Wriggle's
BoM
B.F. Sword
This is where you can either go sheen, complete IE, or get an item you really feel is necessary atm.
Trinity and BV are choice items afterwards usually followed by Ghostblade for more ArPen, CDR, and of course that active for improved BDing.

I.E. still works with Shaco as he's a bursty AD assassin. Don't get me wrong, Wit's End is a completely viable item on Shaco, Madred's is also very strong, while Malady is meh at best. The only thing is that you have to think, how long are you doing to be smacking an enemy champion with both you and your clone before you get taunted/stunned/snared/feared/ or any other CC. Not to mention that your clone can't survive any direct or aoe damage for very long before blowing up. High AD shaco's can come in and out of a fight while still putting out damage without chance of giving the other team kills.

As for going BF so early, wriggles and boots aren't exactly expensive items and with a few ganks/dragon a BF should easily be achieved in about 12 minutes, if not sooner. I understand the route some players take and get smaller, cheaper items before hand. You can, especially SotO should you get those kills in early enough.

This all completely from the viewpoint of Ranked Solo Que play.