Mia button

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UncatchbleTurtle

05-05-2011

i agree a mia button would lead to more team work, better games and less frustration when someone does call mia. i also think it would help if it was like an ability where you could hot key it easy. such as 1 or 2 depending on your currnet hot keys

ichibi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
I dont think it is that big of a deal to know who is MIA. This really is only good for laning, and is just a reminder to look at the minimap. If you need to specify, you can type it in chat after using the "MIA button"

Late game people say it just to remind others that over extending isnt as fun as it sounds.
I totally agree with this. specific champs can be called in chat tbh.

In my opinion it would be alot better to know wich lane it is mia from than what champ it is.(from the button atleast).

Azrayel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedite1000 View Post
I think it would be good to have mia button, theres 5 enemy champ buttons and you press one to call out mia
Map awareness and the ability to hit 'TAB' and see the scoreboard (which clearly shows which enemy champs are in your team's line of sight) negate the need for this. Also, <Enter>mia top/mid/bot<Enter> is a total of 9 keystrokes. While I'm sure chat macros would help, 9 keystrokes isn't bad--after all, if they're mia, they aren't hitting YOU are they?

Lemming QQ

05-10-2011

i did a small exe file exactly only for mia calls for about some days

READ THIS: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=734017&page=2

it calls top mia by pressing ctrl + T
it calls mid mia by pressing ctrl + g
it calls bot mia by pressing ctrl + b
it calls back on lane by pressing ctrl + h

In my opinion that musnt be in the ui just make hotkeys or something like this for this feature

Tactictoe

05-10-2011

being able to bind hotkeys to 'say' stuff would be far more powerful a tool

SpiritOfF1re

05-10-2011

Just knowing there is an MIA is plenty, no need for specific champ...the main problem is people don't pay attention to the map when they need to. Anything more would just be feeding the lazy people.

Simply make a red ping which indicates danger. As a normal ping will often cause a few vital moments of confusion while the person in danger tries to figure out exactly what the ping was about

I feel this would be a very simple solution and plenty adequate

Juper0

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrayel View Post
9 keystrokes isn't bad--after all, if they're mia, they aren't hitting YOU are they?
in this game,three things to think about.
you can die in 2 seconds or less.
some people have a harder time typing than others
i have been effectivly caught with my pants down typing an mia and forgot to hit/missed the enter key and ended up typing my spells rather than casting them. its looks something like this "fffffewefefefffef" depending on the champion and spells"

i think that key bindings is a great fast fix, but still present some of the issues outlined above.
Perhaps make it so i can hit Tab and click on a champ to say mia.

PentagonJr

05-11-2011

Pressing tab pretty much does that, doesn't it?

PewPewFrost

05-13-2011

People would abuse..

Neawn

05-23-2011

1) Knowing who is MIA is more important. Perfect example listed... Soraka mia doenst really scare people.

Noct, WW or so, MIA is a big deal.

2) Knowing who pings. Seriously, people who spam ping, need to have a notification that they are pinging... such as

"Neawn pinged the map" in chat... so people who constantly ping... like 5+ seconds for example, we can report these players for harassment.

also, if there was a way to ping such as, WW being MIA, most people including me, usually include a path that WW was last seen going, for example going from bottom lane to mid lane, WW is probably going to get a successful gank. However if there was a way to select WW as the mia, and then i can make 3 pings. 1 from bot lane of WW mia, 1 by dragon of WW MIA and then to mid lane, indicating that WW is on his way up and to be prepared~!