ELO Hell is a Joke

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr rAndOm

Senior Member

04-14-2011

Jurgen IV, be graceful. ^ ^

You are always right. so plz just calm down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhastaPasta View Post
The forums have been flooded with a constant stream of QQ about this so called ELO hell. If your one of the few who are complaining, your only in this hell because you are BAD. Stop complaining about how riot should fix matchmaking, matchmaking is fine! The game wasn't designed for you to win 100% of the games you play. Eventually you will get a team with feeders, every game has a feeder its part of the game mechanics, stop complaining about how bad your team is and learn how to adjust to your teams needs.

The only way to get out of this hell is to start taking the game seriously. Crying on the forums won't stop you from being bad.
1. Pick a character that fulfills your teams needs.
2. Buy wards for your allies that are feeding to prevent it from getting worse. "Bad players won't by wards to prevent them from future ganks" take initiative to prevent the other team from getting fed.
3. Don't demoralize your teammates by calling them a noob when they give first blood. Getting a player angry with his own team will result in intentional feeding or afk.
4. Own a champion of each category, tank, carry, support, etc.
5. Find other players to play with for solo queue. Queueing with one other person in ELO hell means you will have one less person to worry about feeding and possibly one more carry. Talk to players after games, get a friends list, take some initiative to get a better team.

And last of all, don't be discouraged when you only win 60% of your games. 60% will gradually take you out of this slump. Moving in ELO takes a long time for any bracket, if you can't face that fact then you really are not playing a game that suits your gaming needs. You don't become pro overnight.

Downvote incoming : /
Agreed with everything except you cannot do anything about the solo queue. and finally you would not be able to get out of elo hell if you were in it. i guarantee that.

Funny how alot of people think your ignorant and narrow minded.

its because you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginger976

Senior Member

04-14-2011

I totally disagree. These games are NOT designed for you to win 100%. For example, last game I told our karth (summoner name Aerolus) to stop acting like a noob and he went afk for the rest of the 45 minutes of the match. I have had games where we were winning and we lose because someone goes afk or leaves. I think I am at least an average player but my ELO is sub 800.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apello

Member

04-14-2011

I agree with most of you, its all about not pissing everyone on your team off, you dont have to do well every game, just stick together and it usually gets the job done, especially in low ELO's.

If you're "good" and stuck in a low ELO its probbaly because you think you're amazing and criticizing your team mates for being bad, and in ELO hell people don't care and they will absolutely troll you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druiddroid

Senior Member

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger976 View Post
I think I am at least an average player but my ELO is sub 800.
Just an FYI, 1200 is not average, it's above average.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cotilin

Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLHx1 View Post
Agreed with everything except you cannot do anything about the solo queue. and finally you would not be able to get out of elo hell if you were in it. i guarantee that.

Funny how alot of people think your ignorant and narrow minded.

its because you are.
cLHx1. I am writing this post to help you climb out of ELO hell. If you simply dismiss what I say and continue playing the way you have played, it is you who will be ignorant and narrow minded.

Simply from looking at your profile, I noticed several massive holes in your gameplay. The first is that you know basically only one class or role. Your rune pages are "burst mage", "end game mage", and "even balance" (mage). This immediately puts stress on the rest of your team to fill in the other necessary roles. Either that, or you will have a team that can easily be countered by MR.

Also, you tend to die quite a bit. You have a few games with very low deaths. That is good! But in games where you have 8+ deaths, you put a lot of strain on your team. You dying requires your teammates to get kills or to become irrelevant due to a lack of items (and at 800 ELO, the latter is much more likely). With this setup, you will either have to carry hard, or you will lose.

These two things are from me simply just checking your rune pages and match history. I'm sure there are numerous other things you can improve on in-game, such as harassing and denying. Denying your opponent kills, experience, and CS makes your team stronger than that player.

This is meant to be encouraging, because now you can go implement changes and do something about your ELO. Will you win every ranked match? Hell, no. But the more useful you are to your team, the higher you will climb your way out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLHx1

Member

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotilin View Post
cLHx1. I am writing this post to help you climb out of ELO hell. If you simply dismiss what I say and continue playing the way you have played, it is you who will be ignorant and narrow minded.

Simply from looking at your profile, I noticed several massive holes in your gameplay. The first is that you know basically only one class or role. Your rune pages are "burst mage", "end game mage", and "even balance" (mage). This immediately puts stress on the rest of your team to fill in the other necessary roles. Either that, or you will have a team that can easily be countered by MR.

Also, you tend to die quite a bit. You have a few games with very low deaths. That is good! But in games where you have 8+ deaths, you put a lot of strain on your team. You dying requires your teammates to get kills or to become irrelevant due to a lack of items (and at 800 ELO, the latter is much more likely). With this setup, you will either have to carry hard, or you will lose.

These two things are from me simply just checking your rune pages and match history. I'm sure there are numerous other things you can improve on in-game, such as harassing and denying. Denying your opponent kills, experience, and CS makes your team stronger than that player.

This is meant to be encouraging, because now you can go implement changes and do something about your ELO. Will you win every ranked match? Hell, no. But the more useful you are to your team, the higher you will climb your way out.
i agree, ive recently started to play some tanks ( only in normal ) ive realized i have to fill other roles also, even if im not going to be able to kill 10+ people a game... the only thing im going to do now is practice building tanks up the most effective way.. ive never been good at melee, but seeing some people using melee amazingly makes me want to build some melee... so advice taken and im waiting for season 2.. hopefully riot can implement a newer system other than the elo ratio system.. but even if they cannot, hopefully i'll be able to pick new champs that are more effective on the battlefield. Gonna copy n paste this into my other posts just so they get done with.


12